Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 06-25-2017, 06:32 AM   #1
Van

Van does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot pics
Default Reintroducing myself

Hello beautiful people, my name is Van. I am not new to this site. I have been coming to this site for 17 years. I am ready to meet some new, interesting and cool people here. I am trying to come out of my shell. I can be very shy. If I ever offended anyone or made anybody feel uncomfortable, I apologize. The last 17 years for me have been a process and a journey to get to where I am today. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:29 AM   #2
roddles

roddles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesroddles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hi Van. I am shy too at times. We are all on a journey, I have only just started to accept myself, after lurking here for 13 or so years. I found it is impossible to love someone else unless you can love yourself, and in my efforts only hurt people in the long run. I am now with someone who makes me as happy as I make her. But it took courage to grab my sexuality by the horns and ride with it. One thing I have found true, one or two people reacted badly as I expected, turned out they weren't friends worth having anyway, everyone else was glad to see me happy and didn't really give a shit. It is always worse in your head than in real life. This is what I am guessing you may be experiencing.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 AM   #3
Van

Van does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot pics

Yes, that is exactly what I am experiencing. It's really a mental thing. I am tired of fighting with myself.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:20 AM   #4
roddles

roddles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesroddles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It is. Once you realise people don't care as much as you imagine in your head, you can enjoy te liberation of feeling yourself. And that feeling will help you overcome the few haters. I still have a little way to go, trust me I have good days and bad days. I wish sometimes when I walk into a room holding my girls hand that I didn't notice the stares, and I think to myself are they thinking look how fat she is, or are they secretly admiring her like I do? Some days I brush it off confidently. That's the hardest part for me, I think.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:31 AM   #5
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddles View Post
It is. Once you realise people don't care as much as you imagine in your head, you can enjoy te liberation of feeling yourself. And that feeling will help you overcome the few haters. I still have a little way to go, trust me I have good days and bad days. I wish sometimes when I walk into a room holding my girls hand that I didn't notice the stares, and I think to myself are they thinking look how fat she is, or are they secretly admiring her like I do? Some days I brush it off confidently. That's the hardest part for me, I think.
I notice this stuff too and I've learned to embrace it. I love it. Whether they're thinking, "Wow look how fat she is!" or "That poor guy." or "Damn, she's pretty hot. That guy did it right!" is something I usually don't get a chance to find out. But generally speaking people who think the latter will usually reflect it (approving smiles or outright telling us we're a good looking couple) while people who think any variation of the first two will rarely display the boldness to be openly rude about it. Now this DOES sometimes happen: but even when someone ventures beyond disapproving looks they still lack the boldness to just openly and directly say something negative outright to our faces.

Regardless of what anyone is thinking, I have come to love it when someone notices us. I love being seen with her. I love that I am being associated with her. On Monday we're going to a water park. I CAN'T WAIT to be seen with her in her swim suit. If people see and think, "How awesome" then good for them. If they want to be all judgy that's fine too: I've got a good thing going here and a few idiots doesn't depreciate my happiness!
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:19 AM   #6
BigElectricKat
Just ask. I'll answer!

BigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I notice this stuff too and I've learned to embrace it. I love it. Whether they're thinking, "Wow look how fat she is!" or "That poor guy." or "Damn, she's pretty hot. That guy did it right!" is something I usually don't get a chance to find out. But generally speaking people who think the latter will usually reflect it (approving smiles or outright telling us we're a good looking couple) while people who think any variation of the first two will rarely display the boldness to be openly rude about it. Now this DOES sometimes happen: but even when someone ventures beyond disapproving looks they still lack the boldness to just openly and directly say something negative outright to our faces.

Regardless of what anyone is thinking, I have come to love it when someone notices us. I love being seen with her. I love that I am being associated with her. On Monday we're going to a water park. I CAN'T WAIT to be seen with her in her swim suit. If people see and think, "How awesome" then good for them. If they want to be all judgy that's fine too: I've got a good thing going here and a few idiots doesn't depreciate my happiness!
Maybe it's just me, having spent so much time in the military, but I've learned to shrug off those disapproving stares regularly. I've spent time in several countries where people dislike you and show their disapproval in myriad ways just because you are A) American, B) military, or C) not like them (plus I can get that at home here in the USA just because I'm black or in an interracial relationship).

I suppose that I've become hardened to it, to the point where I almost welcome it and thrive on staring right back, almost daring them to say something. Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not a violent or combative person. But if you even try to put down my significant other, I will roast you like a Cornish Game Hen.
BigElectricKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElectricKat View Post
(plus I can get that at home here in the USA just because I'm black or in an interracial relationship).
This goes both ways. I briefly dated a black woman who would literally change plans at the last second (ie: Not go into a restaurant we were going into, not go into a certain store, theater, etc.) to avoid being seen by other black men and women with a "short, skinny white boy." Yes, that's literally how she described me. I don't want this to devolve into a discussion on racial issues, but suffice to say there's a lot of ignorance all around because people insist on identifying by that which makes us different instead of that which makes us alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElectricKat View Post
I suppose that I've become hardened to it, to the point where I almost welcome it and thrive on staring right back, almost daring them to say something. Now, don't get me wrong: I'm not a violent or combative person. But if you even try to put down my significant other, I will roast you like a Cornish Game Hen.
First, a roasted cornish game hen is a highly underrated bird. Do it right and those things are delicious! Secondly I generally make it a personal policy to not argue with idiots. I have multiple reasons for this, not the least of which is I consider it beneath me. I don't consider myself an idiot so why should I engage one in his/her idiocy?
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Mmmn???

Van my man . . . . You couldn't possibly be Vince would you?

(If the answer is yes - I need to get extra garlic and buy more silver crosses.)
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote