Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
AshlynCheerleader

AshlynCheerleader has said some nice things
Default What were the popular girls like at your high school?

Were they rich? Pretty? Mean? Snobby? Were any of them cheerleaders and volleyball players? Did any of them gain weight?
AshlynCheerleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshlynCheerleader View Post
Were they rich? Pretty? Mean? Snobby? Were any of them cheerleaders and volleyball players? Did any of them gain weight?
Ours was a middle-class neighborhood, so not much riches. One young lady was the daughter of a very successful lawyer (and a heck of a nice guy), so I'm sure they had money, but she never made big deal out of it. Quite a few were pretty, but most fell into the 'plain, but attractive' category. About half of them were cheerleaders, and a few of them played in the band or orchestra; I don't think we even had a volleyball team. I can't remember any of them gaining weight (at least not in high school), but the yearbook queen and the spring sports queen were definitely mid-sized.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
Matt L.

Matt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatt L. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I went to a middle class high school where majority of the students were familiar with each other. I was a traditional comic book geek and all the popular girls treated me just fine. Matter of fact there was one popular girl who was fuller figured.
Matt L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I went to a couple of high-schools which were quite different from each other, and all that I could really say was a common link in the popular girls was that they were outgoing, had good social skills, weren’t too far out of the mainstream look, and had something they were good at (the ones who were outgoing and sociable but weren’t really doing much of anything always seemed to hover just a little lower than the truly popular ones). Some were athletes, some were on student council, some were musicians – no particular common thread there. And none were outright rude to people, again the ones who did snub people were never quite at the top of the social heap.

But that was just my observations, as somebody who really wasn’t interested in that crowd – basically that the really popular ones were actually pretty safe to talk to, so that if you shared a class or activity with them they’d be good people to talk to (while some of the less popular were more apt to play games).
Old 07-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #5
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Skinny

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #6
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

The most popular girl was a cheerleader, stunningly pretty, tall and thin, very sweet and friendly. At my school, cheerleaders were elected, and if you wanted to win a spot on the team, people had to like you. And if you were snobby, bitchy, or had a cold personality there was no way to get the votes. So, the cheerleaders were the ones who tended to be very outgoing and friendly, and she was the one who always had a genuine smile for everybody.

All the popular kids were popular because they were outgoing and friendly.

One of the other most popular girls was tall and fat. She was a flag twirler with the marching band. Another was petite and average build, she was one of the smart kids and involved in student government. And one was into drama and chorus, she was petite and average build too.

From the ones I've kept up with (I graduated in 1988), they've stayed mostly physically the same but are now middle aged. The head cheerleader is still beautiful and thin, and still a genuinely kind and gracious woman. All the rest just look like older versions of themselves. Most of us do for that matter.

I'm the one who gained the most weight that I know of, (my peak weight was at the time of our 15th reunion). But come our 30th next year, I'll be about the same size as I was at graduation again.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #7
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I was a nerd (big surprise!) so the popular girls more or less ignored me. I went to a very small middle class high school, so no one was "rich". They'd talk to me but nothing more than that.

I do recall one popular cheerleader, who was a grade ahead of me. She'd put on some noticeable weight was dismissed from the squad. Yes, my teen-aged FA self thought she looked great but she's skinny and middle aged today.

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #8
DiDiZia

DiDiZia has said some nice things

I'm working-class, and pretty much nobody at my school was wealthy. You may find some that were more well-off than others, but no rich or middle-class kids.

I'm from the UK, so sports is not a big deal in schools over here, and cheerleading was nonexistent.

Some popular girls were ones that were considered very attractive. I could name about three girls who were the most popular in my year (Savannah, Molly, Beatrice).

None of them were rude to me, actually. I was friends with Savannah briefly in primary school, but not in secondary school. Beatrice and Molly didn't acknowledge my existence, which I'm not mad about.

Then there were the ones with big personalities… Didn't like them much. I was regularly mocked by them for my appearance. Even a girl (Jemima) who wasn't facially attractive, and was maybe 40lbs smaller than me felt the need to go out of her way to say mean things about my weight, asking me if I was wear a crop top, then laughing. Um, back at you. One of the slimmer popular girls told her to just keep her mouth shut, as, in her opinion, I was better looking.
Oh, it was not uncommon for fat girl who were a few pounds smaller than me to talk try to drag me down about my weight. They're so gleeful to see another girl a little bigger, probably makes them feel better about themselves.
I was watching a YouTube video by a young woman named Amberlynn Reid. She said that, when at restaurants, she judges other big girls. She is over 400lbs herself.

Another skinny girl (Anita) used to take the mick out of me in every art lesson. I remember she came in one day with a black eye, and said her father punched her in the face for losing her Oyster card (bus pass). It wasn't sunshine and roses at home, so not doubt she was taking out her own anguish and insecurities on me and others.

Now I think back, I think the boys were worse… I remember a boy named George telling his friends that me and Jemima were the ugliest girls in our your to his friend. That made me feel like crap.

I remember I group of boys a lot older than me used to push their friend into me. They'd laugh, then that friend would act disgusted, and laugh along with them. For a while, I was scared of going to class, incase I'd see them in the hallways.
Actually, it was very common for guys to joke with their friends, pointing at me saying they're dating me as a joke, or laughing to their friends that I'm their wife or girlfriend. It happened to me a couple months ago after college.

I don't trust people, even now as a 19 year old. I have not moved on. Their insults still affect me everyday. I'll wrap it up here. I hope my twenties are better…

Oh, and they still look the same (for now!).

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
DiDiZia is offline   Reply With Quote