Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 08-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default New Lane Bryant TV advert

I feel I should confess that I might've drooled just a little bit at the latest Lane Bryant advertisement. They were advertising something about "skinny" something or other… Odd.

It's always refreshing to see REAL women fashionably represented
Old 08-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
I feel I should confess that I might've drooled just a little bit at the latest Lane Bryant advertisement. They were advertising something about "skinny" something or other… Odd.

It's always refreshing to see REAL women fashionably represented
Do you have a link?
Old 08-30-2017, 06:13 AM   #3
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah that add is a sight to behold.

Outside of the LB add I've noticed more and more commercials are featuring plus sizes in normal roles. I just saw a Nissan commercial w a fat girl in it. There are dozens of others too but not too many jump out. I see the commercials but don't pay attention to what they're advertising.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I see the commercials but don't pay attention to what they're advertising.
I see the commercials but can't always tell what they're advertising. For example, after watching several seconds of a sports car zooming down roads and through cities (where do they find all these places with no traffic?), I figure this is a car commercial. Then it turns out to be an ad for a bank or a deodorant.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
Mark02

Mark02 has said some nice things

Skinny jeans.
Mark02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Assuming this is the video:

Love it! Also the song is by Lizzo, who is herself a BBW.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

I am also seeing a lot of larger actors in commercials I noticed on the T.J. Maxx and marshals commercials that they are using large women there also using a more diverse group specially with age. I've always thought of commercials as art and enjoy watching them but with the invention of the DVR lots of people are missing out .
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #8
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I am also seeing a lot of larger actors in commercials I noticed on the T.J. Maxx and marshals commercials that they are using large women there also using a more diverse group specially with age. I've always thought of commercials as art and enjoy watching them but with the invention of the DVR lots of people are missing out .
Haha, maybe. I personally find commercials to be exceptionally vexing. Radio commercials are even worse because the advertisers don't have the benefit of visual so they have to make a bigger impression from what you hear. But back on topic and to your point, it definitely is good to see ads slowly break free from the mainstream ideal. I recall seeing an Otezla commercial with a very pretty plump woman. I'd have otherwise not even noticed the commercial but I not only noticed it but remembered the product being advertised!

I wonder how long it'll be before we see ads featuring men with plus size wives doing everyday normal things and appearing happy and successful. Despite tuning out most commercials messaging is a fascinating subject to me and on the periphery of my current job so when I actually do pay attention to TV commercials I do take interest in how certain things, products, or people are projected. A fit male/fat wife commercial is long overdo.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #9
BigElectricKat
Just ask. I'll answer!

BigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging in

If you liked that first commercial, you'll LOVE this one.

BigElectricKat is offline   Reply With Quote