Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 08-28-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Houston Flooding/Dimmers Role Call?

I have been glued to my TV yesterday and today watching the flooding from hurricane Harvey. I know that Traci lives in the danger zone. Could the people who are affected by this disaster check in and let us know how you R?

moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

We made it through just fine. Only a tiny bit of flood water got in at the back of the house, a couple of puddles on tile floors, so no real damage. 40 inches of rain fell in my neighborhood so far, it might reach 45 or more before it's all over. So essentially we got a year's worth of rain in less than a week.

I'm watching the news, and people being rescued by boat just a few miles away, but it feels so disconnected and unreal.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:19 AM   #3
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Glad to hear you're okay!

Tracy - It's good you are safe. Be careful the next few weeks. I cannot imagine a city as large as Metro Houston having to deal with that many people having to leave their homes & going to public shelters. Plus, they are predicting more rain today . . . And there are so many children uprooted - for many this was supposed to be the first week of school.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well I know Pauline Potter and her son and dogs are doing well, and I take it their apartment never got flooded or wet, fortunately!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

We're fine, unlike so many others. The only problem we're facing, is our move is delayed again, because of a shortage of contractors and building supplies. Getting people back into their homes is a much higher priority than our little renovation. Looks like it might be closer to the end of the year before we move. But that's ok. Neither the house we're currently renting, nor the one were planning to buy sustained any serious damage.

A family we're friends with had to climb out onto the lower roof over their back porch from a second story window and be rescued by boat. Probably 7/8ths of houses on our street had standing water in them. Most of my neighbors have mountains of flooring, sheetrock, appliances, and furniture in front of their houses and we've got a few boxes of crap from the garage that got wet out there. I feel really guilty about it.

TBH, had I not sandbagged my back door, we'd have flooded too.