Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 09-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #51
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not a lot that can be done. Show affection so she doesn't think you're settling, and move along. I always wonder what they get out of the extra staring. Like maybe she lost weight since last time I looked, or there is something wrong with him I didn't notice.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #52
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
Not a lot that can be done. Show affection so she doesn't think you're settling, and move along. I always wonder what they get out of the extra staring. Like maybe she lost weight since last time I looked, or there is something wrong with him I didn't notice.
That's the narrative that I think prevails among those who struggle to accept this combination. I've heard so many stereotypes about guys who pursue fat women, or worse, end up with a fat wife. Usually they begin with the guy himself must be unattractive but when a guy defies that stereotype they move on to a myriad of others. I guess, "Some guys just like big girls" isn't something that resonates.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:01 AM   #53
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
"Some guys just like big girls" isn't something that resonates.
I think most people (except FA's, who have learned better) assume right off the bat that everyone else likes whatever they like. For example, my next-door neighbor has just opened his front door to share his musical taste with the neighborhood. He's a good fellow, though, so I don't mind. Besides, I have ear plugs.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #54
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I think most people (except FA's, who have learned better) assume right off the bat that everyone else likes whatever they like. For example, my next-door neighbor has just opened his front door to share his musical taste with the neighborhood. He's a good fellow, though, so I don't mind. Besides, I have ear plugs.
I am cringing when reading this at post 53. Is there a typo or am I misreading this?
Old 09-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #55
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

@fuelingfire. The dog snaology is spot on for me. When my guy and I were out together I would notice women looking at him. We were an older couple both on our second relationship. I would see mature women notice him when he was animated and laughing, he could also charm any waitress or sales associate. I really avoided looking at other people as much as I could. My public game was to be as outwardly confident as possible. I am truly super sized. I can't buy clothes in brick and mortar stores and I usually have them custom made....that kind of Supersize. We would interact and I would focus on him to avoid the stares, disgusted looks, pointing and my favorite thing the camera phones taking pictures and videos. When I see a big BBW or SSBBW I always check out who they are with, what they are wearing and how they are navigating the world. Husbands and male companions get looked over. I personally am looking for that FA-ness that can be seen, hand holding, physical cues that shows he cares, and how they interact. As a single SSBBW I did the same. It feels good to see people that look like you do... that brief glimpse of Brigadoon.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #56
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
.......... "You know how when you meet other peoples dogs, and their dogs really like you because they can smell your dogs on you so they know you are a good person and end up being really friendly. Yeah it's like that but for you it's fat women."
That is actually REALLY PROFOUND! However, I think that not all women will react this way. I think some fat women have the impression that any guy interested in being with them has some kind of ulterior motives, and they are very wary (sadly this is often the case that the man is not a 'standup' guy).

My wife (blue eyed blonde, apple shaped beauty) seems to get a fair bit of attention from black and hispanic men. A store manager at the local Wal-mart (black guy) has schmoozed her a few times, including earlier today (she was there with our two sons while I was at home doing some work in the yard). As she went to check out, she was looking at a candy display in the main aisle next to the check outs and he approached her asking if she needed help looking for something. She said there was a certain type of chocolate treats she was wanting but hadn't found quite what she was looking for. Next thing she knew, apparently he is sending someone back to the candy aisle and picked out several types of the brand she mentioned. He comped her one package of chocolates and she bought another. Hmm, fat white chick, black guy , and chocolates - what a likely combination

On a more serious note, I recall back when the missus and I were first dating: we went to dinner at a nice steakhouse and were waiting outside the entrance for a table on a busy weekend evening. She was wearing a knit sweater, which was a little small on her and starting riding up her belly exposing some bare flesh. I remember (seared into my mind) a young guy from another party also waiting for a table looking at her and snickering - and she saw and was obviously disturbed by it. I realized the situation and was quick to hug her and hold hands after. It seemed like a key turning point in our budding relationship, and I can say a moment I will always look back on with fondness and pride.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #57
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
When I see a big BBW or SSBBW I always check out who they are with, what they are wearing and how they are navigating the world. Husbands and male companions get looked over. I personally am looking for that FA-ness that can be seen, hand holding, physical cues that shows he cares, and how they interact.
I do the same.
Whenever I see a (SS)BBW with male companion I check if there are any signs of FA-ness. I always wonder how this couples met. And I always have a smile on my face.

Besides I'm a big fan of fat love success stories:

How did you meet your significant other?
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...917#post750917

Old 09-03-2017, 07:11 AM   #58
fuelingfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
@fuelingfire. The dog snaology is spot on for me. When my guy and I were out together I would notice women looking at him. We were an older couple both on our second relationship. I would see mature women notice him when he was animated and laughing, he could also charm any waitress or sales associate. I really avoided looking at other people as much as I could. My public game was to be as outwardly confident as possible. I am truly super sized. I can't buy clothes in brick and mortar stores and I usually have them custom made....that kind of Supersize. We would interact and I would focus on him to avoid the stares, disgusted looks, pointing and my favorite thing the camera phones taking pictures and videos. When I see a big BBW or SSBBW I always check out who they are with, what they are wearing and how they are navigating the world. Husbands and male companions get looked over. I personally am looking for that FA-ness that can be seen, hand holding, physical cues that shows he cares, and how they interact. As a single SSBBW I did the same. It feels good to see people that look like you do... that brief glimpse of Brigadoon.
I must have recently rep’d something else you said. I have a few times thought about using the Brigadoon reference on here, but wasn’t sure how many would get it.

I decided on my Dims signature because I love the quote. There is so much truth to it. Just like playing an instrument, exercising, and studying/learning. The more you do it, the more it becomes you or feels natural. The more I have overtly expressed PDA with a fat partner, the more natural it feels.

You actually filled in a piece of the puzzle I had not considered. I know I only catch fat women checking me out, when I am with a fat woman. That it might just be in general fat women, even more so for SSBBWs, might not look at other people as much in public. It’s kind of blowing my mind that I didn’t consider this. It fully fits with my observations.

I always check out who a fat woman is with in public. My gf and I get really excited when we spot a BBW hot guy couple, even just texting about the sighting if we are not by each other. I find it disheartening to see hot fat woman who is dressed very fashionably with a guy who is wearing sweats and a stained t-shirt, who looks like a 4 out of 10 on an attractiveness scale. Yes, he might have a great personality… I have seen it many times, and it sends a poor message. It sends a poor message to her and to the world.

My gf and I don’t refer to ourselves as a “mixmatched” couple, we are a contrasting couple. Mix matched implies someone is reaching and someone is settling. Neither of us are settling regardless of societal standards. Our bodies look very different, but we are both 10s in our book.

Despite how much I talk about fat women on Dims, 99% of the time when I think about my gf (or any of the fat women I have dated) I don’t think of my “fat girlfriend,” I just think of my girlfriend. It’s a subtle distinction, but I think it often goes unsaid in Dims.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:19 AM   #59
fuelingfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
That is actually REALLY PROFOUND! However, I think that not all women will react this way. I think some fat women have the impression that any guy interested in being with them has some kind of ulterior motives, and they are very wary (sadly this is often the case that the man is not a 'standup' guy).

My wife (blue eyed blonde, apple shaped beauty) seems to get a fair bit of attention from black and hispanic men. A store manager at the local Wal-mart (black guy) has schmoozed her a few times, including earlier today (she was there with our two sons while I was at home doing some work in the yard). As she went to check out, she was looking at a candy display in the main aisle next to the check outs and he approached her asking if she needed help looking for something. She said there was a certain type of chocolate treats she was wanting but hadn't found quite what she was looking for. Next thing she knew, apparently he is sending someone back to the candy aisle and picked out several types of the brand she mentioned. He comped her one package of chocolates and she bought another. Hmm, fat white chick, black guy , and chocolates - what a likely combination

On a more serious note, I recall back when the missus and I were first dating: we went to dinner at a nice steakhouse and were waiting outside the entrance for a table on a busy weekend evening. She was wearing a knit sweater, which was a little small on her and starting riding up her belly exposing some bare flesh. I remember (seared into my mind) a young guy from another party also waiting for a table looking at her and snickering - and she saw and was obviously disturbed by it. I realized the situation and was quick to hug her and hold hands after. It seemed like a key turning point in our budding relationship, and I can say a moment I will always look back on with fondness and pride.
Yes, not all women act this way. If I was running a scientific experiment, the results would be statistically significant. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but have discussed this a lot.

Good man, on the reaction to the jerk snickering! I think this reaction is better than going and confronting the offender. I think if they see you and your fat partner being happy, it can cause them to question their narrative. As well as distract her from noticing.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #60
fuelingfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockierer View Post
I do the same.
Whenever I see a (SS)BBW with male companion I check if there are any signs of FA-ness. I always wonder how this couples met. And I always have a smile on my face.

Besides I'm a big fan of fat love success stories:

How did you meet your significant other?
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...917#post750917

I know exactly what you mean!