Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #4151
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
Thank you!

Thank you! I've never had it before either but was inspired by something Swamptoad posted, so I read through a few recipes and worked with what I had on hand. If I recall, the main flavor elements I used were a lot of carrot, onion and green bell pepper.* It also got a little celery seed, a little Old Bay seasoning, some garlic and about a tablespoon of tomato paste (I think). I used lobster stock for the broth, a small amount of fresh lemon* juice, and let the chorizo do most of the rest of the work for flavoring it. I also forgot to add parsley, so it was garnished with parsley and green onion.

A few of the recipes I looked at called for file powder, which I'd never heard of. I looked it up to see if I could make it with other spices I had on hand, but it was described as a cross between juicy fruit gum and eucalyptus. I promise you that even though I have about 40 spices and blends on hand, I have nothing that is likely to create that flavor combination!

* Normally, I don't like green bell pepper because it's bitter, but in this case I think using it and a very small amount of lemon helped balance everything nicely.
Ooh that sounds interesting. I've never heard of file powder either and that flavour description wouldn't inspire me to add it I must admit. I don't like green pepper either for the same reason, I always use red.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #4152
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lunch/dinner (was too much to eat in one go oops). Prawn cocktail with sliced avocado. My old fave french carrot salad, and my new fave "super salad" - I had this from a local Italian takeaway and loved it so copied it. It is quinoa, good cherry tomatoes, rocket (arugula), mozzarella, pomegranate niblets and balsamic dressing. Oh and two pineapple fingers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lunch.jpg (65.5 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 03-16-2016 at 06:24 AM. Reason: forgot the pomegranate
Old 03-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #4153
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Lunch/dinner (was too much to eat in one go oops). Prawn cocktail with sliced avocado. My old fave french carrot salad, and my new fave "super salad" - I had this from a local Italian takeaway and loved it so copied it. It is quinoa, good cherry tomatoes, rocket (arugula), mozzarella, and balsamic dressing. Oh and two pineapple fingers.

That makes eating healthy look oh so interesting

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 AM   #4154
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
That makes eating healthy look oh so interesting
Haha thanks! Though I doubt it was that healthy given the full fat mayonnaise on the prawn cocktail and the sugar in the can of drink.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #4155
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeD70 View Post
This chick loves to eat AND cook

My delicious bacon/spinach/egg cups! Spray your muffin pan to make removal easier. Preheat your oven to 400. Precook bacon to ensure crispiness or use ready bacon. Curl piece of bacon around the inside of muffin cup. Drop in a few fresh spinach leaves. Crack egg into cup. Top with a bit of your fav shredded cheese (I love parmesan!). Sprinkle with parsley and a few green onion and bake for 15 min or a bit less depending on if you want a soft yolk or a firm yolk. Serve with a dollop of butter.

Can you get food poisoning from visually eating year-old food?
Old 08-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #4156
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

My dinner: https://www.reddit.com/r/food/commen...because_steak/
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #4157
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #4158
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

So tonight I made this. Riceless nori wrap. It has puréed curried chickpeas as a base, salmon sashimi bought from Yo Sushi! (Because buying any small amount of sushi grade salmon in Bristol is crap!) avocado, cucumber, white radish and spinach. My literal blood, sweat and tears went into this as I had to postpone making this by an hour as I went to A&E because I pretty much chopped the tip of my pinky off :O!
Old 11-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #4159
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
So tonight I made this. Riceless nori wrap. It has puréed curried chickpeas as a base, salmon sashimi bought from Yo Sushi! (Because buying any small amount of sushi grade salmon in Bristol is crap!) avocado, cucumber, white radish and spinach. My literal blood, sweat and tears went into this as I had to postpone making this by an hour as I went to A&E because I pretty much chopped the tip of my pinky off ������������

mmmmm i can't rep you
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #4160
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default My favorite donut shop!

This place is usually closed on the day off that I want to go. Finally off on a day they are open, woot!

The powdered one is filled with the most lovely, lightly sweetened cocoa cream and the chocolate one is full of Bavarian custard. The strawberry guys speak for themselves and happen to be my favorite, hence les deux
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170914_150709.jpg (336.5 KB, 32 views)
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #4161
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
This place is usually closed on the day off that I want to go. Finally off on a day they are open, woot!

The powdered one is filled with the most lovely, lightly sweetened cocoa cream and the chocolate one is full of Bavarian custard. The strawberry guys speak for themselves and happen to be my favorite, hence les deux
Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy!!!!! 💕💕
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures