Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 08-11-2017, 02:33 AM   #4951
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

To Tracyarts. The crafts shops might have a textile pen to paint the white nylon stitches.
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #4952
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
To Tracyarts. The crafts shops might have a textile pen to paint the white nylon stitches.
That's an idea to make the stitching decorative.

But I just found out that Rit came out with a new dye for synthetic and blended fabrics that I'll try. It may take a little lighter on the stitches but that won't be a problem.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #4953
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Candles...always candles... Yankee Candle suckers me in every time with those coupons..... I now have all the fall fragrances.
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #4954
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Lately, I've been collecting nutty-looking reading glasses from the dollar store ... translucent pink, turquoise, red, purple, black with gingham handles, orange with flowered handles, etc. My office clothes tend to be fairly boring and neutral, so this adds a little levity.
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:47 AM   #4955
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Love fun glasses!!!! I need readers but glasses too... so just. O ring progressives for me.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #4956
SusanPeck

SusanPeck has said some nice things

I bought a silver necklace and so much delicious snacks....
SusanPeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:47 PM   #4957
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

I am now the proud owner of new dishtowels I figured five or six years was a good life span time for new ones. My life is so exciting.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:04 AM   #4958
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I am now the proud owner of new dishtowels I figured five or six years was a good life span time for new ones. My life is so exciting.
Do they actually dry things? A lot of the dishtowels we've gotten in the past decade seem to have some sort of anti-stain coating which incidentally stops them from doing their main job, getting the water off of dishes After going through the wash enough times they get better, but we look at new dishtowels with very suspicious eyes before buying now.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #4959
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Do they actually dry things? A lot of the dishtowels we've gotten in the past decade seem to have some sort of anti-stain coating which incidentally stops them from doing their main job, getting the water off of dishes After going through the wash enough times they get better, but we look at new dishtowels with very suspicious eyes before buying now.
I hate the ones made out of terry cloth, and go for a woven type of towel. I am very happy with the ones from William Sonoma. I also never put fabric softener in the wash or use a fabric softener sheet in the dryer. That makes a big difference.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #4960
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

This cotton voile patchwork tunic from Funky Stuff.

And these shoes from Spring Step to go with it.

I love green. The prints used on the top takes me to a happy place. And the whole thing has a kind of a 70s retro vibe to me. I'll wear it with skinny leg jeans. Wish I had a brown fringed crossbody bag that matched the shoes. I'll have to look for one. It's a good hot climate Fall look I think.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #4961
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Bought some lip stuffs...

1. The Jeffree Star "Sweet Tooth" Lip Topper...
https://www.jouercosmetics.com/colle...nt=42994681481

2. And I got one of the golds of these but I can't remember which one...
https://www.jouercosmetics.com/colle...nt=41875567433

3. This liquid lipstick in "Cabernet"...
https://www.jouercosmetics.com/colle...nt=35662477769

4. Jeffree Star's liquid lipstick in "Dreamhouse"...
https://jeffreestarcosmetics.com/col...cts/dreamhouse

And I haven't bought this one yet but I'd love to have a purple lipstick by Lime Crime.
Like this one...in "Posh"...
https://www.limecrime.com/lipsticks/...-metallic-plum
Old 09-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #4962
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

OK...I also just now ordered this, from Lime Crime...it is on sale, it contains the one I wanted, ("Posh") plus they offered free shipping in the U.S. all weekend...so...how could I resist?

https://www.limecrime.com/en-us/prod...u=L027-05-0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cream View Post
Bought some lip stuffs...

1. The Jeffree Star "Sweet Tooth" Lip Topper...
https://www.jouercosmetics.com/colle...nt=42994681481

2. And I got one of the golds of these but I can't remember which one...
https://www.jouercosmetics.com/colle...nt=41875567433

3. This liquid lipstick in "Cabernet"...
https://www.jouercosmetics.com/colle...nt=35662477769

4. Jeffree Star's liquid lipstick in "Dreamhouse"...
https://jeffreestarcosmetics.com/col...cts/dreamhouse

And I haven't bought this one yet but I'd love to have a purple lipstick/lip product by Lime Crime.
Like this one...in "Posh"...
https://www.limecrime.com/lipsticks/...-metallic-plum
Old 09-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #4963
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
This cotton voile patchwork tunic from Funky Stuff.

And these shoes from Spring Step to go with it.

I love green. The prints used on the top takes me to a happy place. And the whole thing has a kind of a 70s retro vibe to me. I'll wear it with skinny leg jeans. Wish I had a brown fringed crossbody bag that matched the shoes. I'll have to look for one. It's a good hot climate Fall look I think.

Love your style!
Old 09-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #4964
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

My weekend bounty from summer sales in Athens ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170903_115606.jpg (223.2 KB, 152 views)
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 PM   #4965
Heavy_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Nice! I've seen a nautically-themed necklace on eBay that would go great with that purse.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:04 AM   #4966
mistyjones

mistyjones has said some nice things

Tight budget - Nothing special this month. Just one Elbow Sleeves Sweater cost $34 and few blank cotton t-shirts around $2.25 each in sale.

mistyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #4967
Tracyarts

My friend gave me a Torrid haute cash code, so I got myself a couple of much needed bras (nothing special just ivory t-shirt type bras), a black rib knit 3/4 length sleeve skater dress (to wear as a tunic top with leggings when it gets cooler), a pair of black leggings with a subtle faded stars and starbursts print) and a pair of mustard yellow leggings (only available in a size down from my usual size, but their leggings are way stretchy, and they're a solid color, so they oughta work just fine).

I wanted to get more cool weather clothes, but since we hardly have cool weather here, it's just not practical. Which sucks because I love sweaters, boots, scarves, etc...
Old 10-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #4968
BurgerMePlease

BurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Oh my goodness, I love love that purse!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 AM   #4969
Tracyarts

Mostly things for my husband. He needs work clothes. His workplace is "office casual", so Dockers, button down shirts, and leather casual shoes. He's really cheap when it comes to his clothes, absolutely loathes paying much for them.

He wears a 48/32 in pants and a 3x in shirts. So not a SSBHM, but still hard to fit at discount stores.

But, we went to Ross and Marshall's last night and managed to find him a pair of Dockers and two pairs of shoes. No shirts though. Oh well, better luck next time.

I bought myself two really cheap fragrances. The classic Halston, and a fragrance from Demeter called "Humidor", which smells just like clove cigarettes to me.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #4970
rachelstinson

rachelstinson has said some nice things

As winter is coming, I went on a huge shopping spree to buy winter clothes for myself and my kids. I love shopping but it's so hard to find time to shop so online shopping is my last resort. I have bought sweaters, jeans, a few t-shirts and dresses but the purchase that I am most happy and excited about is of a pair of Skechers for my husband. The shoes are not only extremely comfortable but also look really trendy and stylish. I recommend anyone is search of a good pair of shoes to give Skechers a must try!
rachelstinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #4971
Tracyarts

I did some shopping this past week, waiting on most of it to arrive.

My Torrid Haute Cash order still hasn't been shipped, hopefully next week. The brown shoes from my previous post, with the green print top, are too small. Well... they fit perfect in the foot, but the strap is too short across the top of my foot. I may see if I can stretch it or have it lengthened somehow. I love the look of them, they fit my foot and don't pinch anywhere, and I got them for a steal. So I want to see if I can make them work before I turn around and resell them.

This week I ordered these things:

These awesome vintage-ish embroidered wood sole clog style leather boots. I will literally cry if they don't fit. And then take them straight to the local cobbler to see what he can do to make them fit. European size shoes are iffy with me, I wear anywhere between a 41-43 depending on the brand, these are 42. I have never tried this brand before, so I have no idea. I know they will fit in the calf though. And that's half the battle...

Another one of my beloved patchwork tops from Funky Stuff. This one is in thin corduroy fabrics for cool weather. The colors are darker in reality ,this particular photo is washed out. Seriously, I love this brand. They go to a 7X, but the sizing is a bit weird, you have to check the auction listings for garment measurements and make sure it will work for you. They run a bit small in the sleeves, which is an issue for me, but sizing up a size or two if I can usually works. And they often do half price auctions, I always wait for those to order.

And these comfort/orthopedic shoes for days when my feet are swollen. I'm at that stage in life where I need some "puffy feet shoes" now and then. I refuse to pay full price for them. I wait for closeouts or like this when somebody is selling them pre-owned but unworn or very gently worn. I like the look of them a lot too, if I can find them in brown as well I'm snapping them up. I'll wear them with the patchwork top and skinny jeans.

And other than these things, I got some nail polishes in Fall shades. Rust, kind of a mustard-tan, a kind of dulled down green, a copper and gold glitter. More nail polishes coming. A medium gray, and a pale gray with a bit of shimmer. Also a kind of bronze duochrome that has green and plum in it.

And I guess that's it for clothes for a little while. I've blown my spending money for the month. And I need to work on finishing crochet projects and sewing projects.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:09 PM   #4972
Tracyarts

I got my embroidered clog boots today. OMG do they just barely fit. But they do fit. I'm wearing them around the house with socks this afternoon and they'll work with tights for sure.

They're kind of weird to walk in. They make me a few inches taller, and since there is no flex whatsoever in the sole, my stride and center of balance is a little bit different. Which I can really feel in my weak side. But I'm not unsteady or wobbly in them. I just need to wear them around the house a few times before I wear them out anywhere.

Definitely glad I bought them.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #4973
Tracyarts

I bought a little black dress (knee length, princess seamed with flared hemline, elbow length sleeves, mid-depth v neckline, made from a medium weight structured knit fabric) and a glitzy rhinestone neckline filling statement necklace from Lane Bryant to wear to a Christmas party next weekend.

I went in not really expecting to find anything for the party, but the dress and necklace are perfect. And were both 40% off. So score, and score!
Old 12-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #4974
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

40% off is always a win !!!.
Currently looking at catalogs online for something LOLOL.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:42 AM   #4975
Mamie Jennings

Mamie Jennings has said some nice things

A very beautiful ring with 40 % off!! I enjoy tungsten rings and they are quite sturdy and comfortable, this one is a Celtic dragon pattern I enjoy. Get ring for king will rings. Love it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.png (241.9 KB, 14 views)
Mamie Jennings is offline   Reply With Quote