Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 07-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #126
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In my professional world it is also failure analysis and sometimes first article. Acronyms be tricksy!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #127
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Last time my girlfriend and I went bowling, she came back over to me to sit down after her turn. Another person in our group was getting up, and my girlfriend tried to turn and move out of this person’s way. Her butt hit me in the face and made my head move back a few inches. Her natural impulse was to apologize to me, then said, “Oh you probably think that’s hot” Her acknowledging it made it much hotter. I shrugged and said, “yes” To which she smiled and kissed me. It was loud in the bowling alley so no one else heard it.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #128
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
Last time my girlfriend and I went bowling, she came back over to me to sit down after her turn. Another person in our group was getting up, and my girlfriend tried to turn and move out of this person’s way. Her butt hit me in the face and made my head move back a few inches. Her natural impulse was to apologize to me, then said, “Oh you probably think that’s hot” Her acknowledging it made it much hotter. I shrugged and said, “yes” To which she smiled and kissed me. It was loud in the bowling alley so no one else heard it.
Cute moment.....I love those!
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #129
Catalin

Catalin has said some nice things

A friend of mine once was messing around with a pool inner tube (one obviously intended for a small child). She was trying to see which of our skinniest friends might actually be able to fit in it when out of no where she brings up this one guy (a big boy I had a big crush on) and asks me if I think he would tear it in half if he tried to put it on. All I could think was how much I'd like to see him try to force that tiny little tube over his big hot body
Catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #130
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Here's one that might seem familiar to some. Every year, I go for mini-golf and ice cream with my family at least once; usually twice, and every year, it's one of the best experiences of the year, if only because so many wonderful fat people go there too. This year has been especially good, as it seemed like nearly every third group had a BBW with them. I often feel a bit cozy, just from going to the grocery store on Fridays, but mini-golf and ice cream is like that squared. It's such a refreshing experience.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:08 AM   #131
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In Minneapolis this weekend to see Guns N Roses. Stopped at Glam Doll Donuts. When I saw this. Also bonus, a by standing fat woman gave my girlfriend and I an approving smile after giving both of us a full head to toe check out. Neither of us were brave enough to try that donut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0977.jpg (181.0 KB, 442 views)
Old 07-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #132
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Along the lines of the adorable fan a few posts back, here's another inanimate object that seems tailor made for FA sensibilities-soft, round, squishy,
and cute. It can barely stand up cause it has wee tiny feets and is so totally round it just wants to fall over and start rolling. You can even squeeze it in different places to make other parts bulge, I like giving mine a big butt, lol. I'd been seeing these in my local Walgreens for months but couldn't quite justify buying myself a toy at my age, but today they were on clearance for 1.99 so I finally got one. Btw it's actually purple even though it looks blue on camera for some reason. Now I'm trying to decide what to name it, leaning towards Snuggles, Sweet Pea or Atomic Death Ninja.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P_20170729_142047.jpg (215.4 KB, 431 views)
Old 08-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #133
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

I have had this guy for years..... I actually stole him from my acupuncturist. She had him on the shelf I fell in love and had to have him. He reminds me of that airline commercial where ther are all of these Sumo Wrestlers lined up in rows, they start walking then running and it transforms into a plane. Always that they were so adorable!!!! IMG_1053.jpg
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #134
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been noticing this new fat distribution on guys - rather than a hefty chub roll or a belly, they look...inflated with pudge.

Like a hot water bottle - not bulgy, not round, just super puffy. I didn't think i noticed fat distribution until i noticed it!

That's right. "Hey boy, love your fat distribution." I am so weird..
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #135
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
I've been noticing this new fat distribution on guys - rather than a hefty chub roll or a belly, they look...inflated with pudge.

Like a hot water bottle - not bulgy, not round, just super puffy. I didn't think i noticed fat distribution until i noticed it!

That's right. "Hey boy, love your fat distribution." I am so weird..
My hypothesis is that the younger you get really fat, the more 'overall' your distribution is. That's based on what I see and hear around the college campus where I teach.

But it's only a hypothesis.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #136
ScouseFA

ScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this board

We've just got back from holiday, and on the beach were two twenty somethings. You know you're an FA when instead of ogling the skinny size six topless waif with plastic boobs; but instead struggling to tear your eyes away from her fat friend in the full swimsuit covering everything and wishing they were dressed the other way round.
ScouseFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:48 AM   #137
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseFA View Post
We've just got back from holiday, and on the beach were two twenty somethings. You know you're an FA when instead of ogling the skinny size six topless waif with plastic boobs; but instead struggling to tear your eyes away from her fat friend in the full swimsuit covering everything and wishing they were dressed the other way round.
I just got back from the second best vacation I've ever been on, because, while there were many distractions, basically every place we visited had at least one SSBBW. The best sighting was on Monday, when I went to the beat, and there were three together in their swim suits, one of which showed her shoulders and part of her upper back. They were so beautiful, I was filled with inspiration for the story I've been planning. That doesn't always happen.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #138
quantumbits

quantumbits has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelingfire View Post
I have overheard people saying I am not shallow more than a few times in my life. As an FA I find that extremely amusing. Now I don’t consider myself shallow because personality is extremely important to me. But that comment is usually said when someone dates either plain or ugly looking people. I have no interest in flirt with thin chicks, other than boredom. I get the feeling many people don’t see that, like thin people can be good looking or ugly, fat people can too.
So it strikes me as odd when I am dating a BBW who is a 10 in hotness (who also has a great personality) and hear people say that I am not shallow. I gave up on stopping people and saying “what are you talking about? She is hot.” Because they seem to think I am just being nice… I don’t want to freak these people out but would love to tell them. “I love the way her belly jiggles as she walks, she has the cutesiest double chin, and she has a big ass that is much wider than my lap.” All complements in my eyes. I am pretty sure that would just make me creepy.
I think this tread “Only in the FA World” is a great idea. I hope it stays alive for a while. I think it can bring up a lot of interesting interactions most people would never know about or talk about in person.
I can't think of a bigger issue with FA or anything remotely related to BBW.

There's a very real health concern for obese people. But there's a taboo too. And there's definitely some crony capitalism going on. There're woman who should be loving and enjoying life and can't because of self-loathing.

I saw a woman who couold lose 30 pounds and it's still healthy but you know what? She wanted to lose 50. Because she buys into all the cronyism. She's a victim of our culture. There're mental costs too.

We want to think since this is the USA--the most powerful country in the world--we're perfectly objective. We deny ignorance at every opportunity. We got the best scientists. We're prejudiced and don't realize it.
quantumbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #139
fuelingfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumbits View Post

There's a very real health concern for obese people. But there's a taboo too. And there's definitely some crony capitalism going on. There're woman who should be loving and enjoying life and can't because of self-loathing.

I saw a woman who couold lose 30 pounds and it's still healthy but you know what? She wanted to lose 50. Because she buys into all the cronyism. She's a victim of our culture. There're mental costs too.

We want to think since this is the USA--the most powerful country in the world--we're perfectly objective. We deny ignorance at every opportunity. We got the best scientists. We're prejudiced and don't realize it.
Lol, that was from almost 3 years ago. The point of it was only in a FA world, would anyone realize how out of touch the “not shallow” complement is, when you have a hot partner.

There are a bunch of stories I have posted in other threads that could have gone in here. I don’t want to change the tone of the thread, because I love it. A bigger issue would be closeted FAs, who will have sex with a fat woman but don’t want to be seen or associated with them. Could be a great debate for a new thread.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:06 AM   #140
TwoSwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumbits View Post

America has far from the best scientists. It just has the most well-known. In fact, the health concerns associated with obesity have also been inflated beyond their actual scope, because of a few factors (the confusing of cause and correlation, interference from medical professionals, just believing what they've been taught, and confusing moderate and extreme cases are just a few factors that have tarnished the studies in this area.)

It also doesn't help that unexamined assumptions frequently interrupt the chain of rational thought on this issue. I read an article online not long ago, which reported on someone presenting the full depth of the evidence, showing just how little evidence there is to connect fatness, as such, with mortality, and how many other factors come into play with regard to mortality risks. The author of the article then, with blinders firmly on, remarked, "they're forgetting the fact that fat kills," without addressing any of the counter-arguments.

It's not too hard to notice these weaknesses in certain claims if you've trained yourself not to hold unfounded assumptions. A lot of people haven't gone through that training, though, and questionable claims continue to be broadcast as "scientific facts." This, I think, is the biggest obstacle right now, and the cardinal sin of modern science (and to a larger degree, the media that reports on it); claiming things can be proved "true," through observing correlations without larger context.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #141
OLD-LOVE

OLD-LOVE has said some nice things

I love that one
OLD-LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #142
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

"...the cardinal sin of modern science (and to a larger degree, the media that reports on it); claiming things can be proved "true," through observing correlations without larger context."

So true
. Correlation is NOT causation.

Just because the red trucks arrive at your house minutes before the flames start spouting through your roof, does not mean the trucks caused the fire!
Old 09-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #143
fuelingfire

Got this from college humor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1147.JPG (68.8 KB, 82 views)
Old 09-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #144
TwoSwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
"...the cardinal sin of modern science (and to a larger degree, the media that reports on it); claiming things can be proved "true," through observing correlations without larger context."

So true
. Correlation is NOT causation.

Just because the red trucks arrive at your house minutes before the flames start spouting through your roof, does not mean the trucks caused the fire!
I love that comparison. In this example, the causation is, at best, indirect, and in the opposite direction, and the same can be true in the case of most correlations. This is why the claim that obesity causes poor health is on such shaky ground. It could be like your fire truck example, and obesity could be just another symptom of poor health, or it could be only one of many consequences arising from some other factor. For instance, it could well be that obesity is merely a common symptom of over-consumption of refined sugar and lack of exercise. Excessive stress and lack of sleep, of course, worsen any condition too. We know these things are bad for our health, and blaming obesity for conditions that also have these factors in common is like saying that people with hair loss are more likely to catch radiation poisoning.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:36 AM   #145
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
I love that comparison. In this example, the causation is, at best, indirect, and in the opposite direction, and the same can be true in the case of most correlations. This is why the claim that obesity causes poor health is on such shaky ground. It could be like your fire truck example, and obesity could be just another symptom of poor health, or it could be only one of many consequences arising from some other factor. For instance, it could well be that obesity is merely a common symptom of over-consumption of refined sugar and lack of exercise. Excessive stress and lack of sleep, of course, worsen any condition too. We know these things are bad for our health, and blaming obesity for conditions that also have these factors in common is like saying that people with hair loss are more likely to catch radiation poisoning.
I don't know if you have taken any statistics classes or anything, but were you ever given the example about ice cream and murders? It's a classic example used to explain to students why a strong correlation is not the same thing as cause and effect. The example is that if you were to plot a graph of ice cream consumption on one axis and murder rates on the other, you'd see a really strong correlation. Does that mean that ice cream makes people murderous, or that all murderers love ice cream? Of course not, the reason they correlate is because of the weather; people eat more ice cream in summer and more murders happen in summer. That's always my go to example when trying to explain the difference between correlation and cause and effect to people.

But yeah, you have exactly the same thoughts/wariness when it comes to these correlations around obesity as I do.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:47 AM   #146
TwoSwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I don't know if you have taken any statistics classes or anything, but were you ever given the example about ice cream and murders? It's a classic example used to explain to students why a strong correlation is not the same thing as cause and effect. The example is that if you were to plot a graph of ice cream consumption on one axis and murder rates on the other, you'd see a really strong correlation. Does that mean that ice cream makes people murderous, or that all murderers love ice cream? Of course not, the reason they correlate is because of the weather; people eat more ice cream in summer and more murders happen in summer. That's always my go to example when trying to explain the difference between correlation and cause and effect to people.

But yeah, you have exactly the same thoughts/wariness when it comes to these correlations around obesity as I do.
This is a really good example. I have not, specifically, taken classes in statistics, though some of my online classes in philosophy dealt with the topic in some detail, and it's important to have a good practical knowledge of them if you want to sift evidence for truth (my highest value.) I heard a similar example given in an article online, about the correlation between yellow teeth and lung cancer, because both are caused by a third factor; smoking. It's the same kind of thing, though a bit more direct.

I will say this; when actual science is done on this topic, it always points in the direction of obesity not being the cause of poor health. Reducing a patient's weight artificially, especially through surgery, never leads to marked improvements in their other health issues, no matter how much of their weight they lose. Also, those who lose lots of weight intentionally are actually in a higher-risk category for heart failure and other such health problems than obese people. This, too, is a correlation, but it shows that the evidence is not as cut-and-dry as the medical profession would have us believe.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #147
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Only in the FA world .... are you apt to meet people who have favourite fatness/health studies!

Mine is one that looked at 'hazard ratio' (extra deaths in the population) of normal/overweight/obese subjects, sorted by how many of four particular healthy habits they had. The takeaway is that even a couple of those habits keep the risks low for all weight groups, and the higher hazard for the obese only really showed up in the zero and one healthy habits groups.

Summary graph: http://www.jabfm.org/content/25/1/9/F1.expansion.html
Full study: http://www.jabfm.org/content/25/1/9.full

(of course, 'obese' starts at BMI of 30, so we don't see how higher levels of fatness might interact with this. Would love to see the same sort of chart with BMI 30-35, 35-40, 40-50, 50+ or something like that, just to see how much impact higher levels of fatness do or don't have)