Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #26
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Ketchup flavour crisps have been available in the UK for over forty years, not Heinz though, just ketchup. I know because I love/d them!

Not sure where your European friends are from but again in the UK, peanut butter with celery sticks or apple slices is not unusual.

Also, another person posted about peanut butter being unusual in europe or something. My dad's favourite snack was to sit with a jar of Sun-Pat smooth peanut butter and eat it with a teaspoon. That would be from about 44 yrs ago! It's common here. I must admit though I couldnt resist paying an extortionate £5 for a jar of schmucker's grape jelly and peanut butter, because the stripes looked so good!
I had ketchup flavored chips (as they're called here in Walmart Land) from a gas station once, they were good I think but I was a lil drunk at the time so can't be sure (iirc EVERYTHING tasted really good when I was drunk, which I haven't been for quite some time, so my memory of that experience may be a bit hazy from that aside from the obvious reason). Haven't seen 'em in awhile. Oh yes, the stripes are good, some ppl might find the j-to-pb ratio a bit high, but I like it leaning that way, I've not the first clue how to cook, but I like making my own pbj sandwiches rather than someone else making me one, cause most ppl don't use enough jelly for my tastes. Well, that and when I make it myself I can eat spoonful's straight from the jar, not a weird COMBO but weird in general I guess.

Last edited by squeezablysoft; 05-17-2016 at 07:51 AM. Reason: font
squeezablysoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #27
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
I've not the first clue how to cook
Get somebody to show you how to make a couple of dishes. Cooking isn't hard, but it more than repays the trouble of learning how. One day (and probably sooner rather than later) you will wind up sharing an apartment with some other people. If you're the one who knows how to cook, then everybody will have to eat the things YOU like!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #28
Hugh Jaguy

Hugh Jaguy can now change their title

It may not be that weird, but growing up we used to love tomato and Miracle Whip sandwiches. Haven't had one in years.
Hugh Jaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #29
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Get somebody to show you how to make a couple of dishes. Cooking isn't hard, but it more than repays the trouble of learning how. One day (and probably sooner rather than later) you will wind up sharing an apartment with some other people. If you're the one who knows how to cook, then everybody will have to eat the things YOU like!
My BBW BFF (she does have a name, Joslyn, guess it's easier if I start using that) can cook, gotta admit I get a little thrill every time I see she liked a recipe on Facebook. Maybe she will teach me when we're in college together! I don't suppose you can really adult properly without learning to cook.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #30
squeezablysoft

I'm having a weird craving for hard boiled eggs with honey on them. I've never actually eaten this but it sounds good. Looked it up to see if anyone else ever ate this combo, apparently it's supposed to be an aphrodisiac.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #31
ScouseFA

ScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this board

I do not understand the American obsession with peanut butter. I enjoy fruitcake with cheese, has to be Lancashire cheese though.
ScouseFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #32
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Obsessed? I don't know. I love peanut, almond or cashew butter in the morning on toast with a layer of fruit spread on top and half a banana cut into thin slices on top of that. A spoonful is great when you're starving and it's awhile til dinner or after dinner and you're in dire need of something sweet. It's generally cheap and super convenient to throw together a PB&J when there's no time for a meal or eating on the run. Nut spreads are really one of those perfect food items.

Fruitcake?

Oops. I thought I was in the "what have you eaten recently?" thread. I don't think I mix my peanut butter with anything unusual. I've been known to dip chocolate bars into it on occasion. I also like Hot Tamales candy mixed with black jelly beans.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #33
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fruitcake is something people give you at Christmas and you never eat it and use it for a door stop for the next 10 years or so.
I have never had a fruitcake that I would have called good enough to eat more than a bite of.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:13 PM   #34
ScouseFA

ScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this boardScouseFA carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Fruitcake is something people give you at Christmas and you never eat it and use it for a door stop for the next 10 years or so.
I have never had a fruitcake that I would have called good enough to eat more than a bite of.
Christmas cake is a wondrous creation! You've got me ridiculously excited about Christmas now.
ScouseFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:21 AM   #35
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseFA View Post
I do not understand the American obsession with peanut butter.
Think of it a American marmite.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:38 AM   #36
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

A peanut butter and "Slawsa" sandwich.

100% roasted peanuts only variety P.B. and spicy Slawsa, which is a sweet and sour relish type condiment made with cabbage, mustard, onion, carrot, bell pepper, sugar, and spices, a lot like chow chow.

Every time I eat one, my husband thinks I'm just doing it to troll him. But it's good!
Old 10-05-2017, 05:04 AM   #37
BurgerMePlease

BurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized rep

I used to love cottage cheese with sugar on it.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #38
CocoaCaramelBBW

CocoaCaramelBBW has said some nice things

Hmm lets see... wise crunchy cheetos dipped in cinnamon applesauce, but i guess thats just cheese on apple slice junk food style, cottage cheese with cherry pie filling on top, and full fat sour cream/tapatio hot sauce is like my ranch dressing lol
CocoaCaramelBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #39
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Lucky charms over vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream topping. Delish!
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:43 PM   #40
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Mashed potatoes and sourkraut .. Love it love it!
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:45 PM   #41
BurgerMePlease

BurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized repBurgerMePlease has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
Lucky charms over vanilla bean ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream topping. Delish!
That sounds delicious! My husband puts Fruity Pebbles on his vanilla ice cream.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #42
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerMePlease View Post
That sounds delicious! My husband puts Fruity Pebbles on his vanilla ice cream.
mmm, that sounds pretty good too!
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:06 AM   #43
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
That actually is the staple version for eating both throughout Germanophone countries (in some regions apple sauce is added) and in Alsace.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:41 PM   #44
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging inDragonFly makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
That actually is the staple version for eating both throughout Germanophone countries (in some regions apple sauce is added) and in Alsace.
Well in the south US, I get some mighty funny looks. It is a take off on a recipe my Great Grandmother on my Mother’s side, she made perogi with mashed potatoes, sautéed sourkraut, onions and cheese as the filling. I always like the filling just by itself!
Old 10-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #45
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I grew up eating it that way. Never mentioned it because it didn't seem weird.

My mum also put beef gravy through it (what you Americans would call jus or drippings), as well as cut-up bits of smoked sausage, all cooked together in the same pot. Sometimes bits of leftover roast beef would go in.

She used to add very small bacon bits too, fried up crispy (almost burnt), along with the grease that came from the bacon, but no longer includes that.

This would constitute the 'potato and vegetable' portion of the meal, and would be served with a fried thick Polish sausage, its outside hard and blackened from frying, and its inside tender.

My, my...

Quote:
It is a take off on a recipe my Great Grandmother on my Mother’s side, she made perogi with mashed potatoes, sautéed sourkraut, onions and cheese as the filling. I always like the filling just by itself!
My dad's perogies were stuffed with ground pork and fried onion, along with some spices I was too young to care about at the time.

There's a take-out place called the Pierogi House near where I live that offers them stuffed with sauerkraut and mushrooms. Very tasty, and similar to the sauerkraut and mushroom filled 'croquets' available at the Euro Foods market in town, which are very much like those I first encountered at a Polish Deli in Garfield, NJ (in a strip-plaza next to a plastics factory on River Dr...go there!).
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:53 AM   #46
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

I need this thing your Mum makes!!!!!!!!!!! Oh My it really sounds heavenly
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
I grew up eating it that way. Never mentioned it because it didn't seem weird.

My mum also put beef gravy through it (what you Americans would call jus or drippings), as well as cut-up bits of smoked sausage, all cooked together in the same pot. Sometimes bits of leftover roast beef would go in.

She used to add very small bacon bits too, fried up crispy (almost burnt), along with the grease that came from the bacon, but no longer includes that.

This would constitute the 'potato and vegetable' portion of the meal, and would be served with a fried thick Polish sausage, its outside hard and blackened from frying, and its inside tender.

My, my...

My dad's perogies were stuffed with ground pork and fried onion, along with some spices I was too young to care about at the time.

There's a take-out place called the Pierogi House near where I live that offers them stuffed with sauerkraut and mushrooms. Very tasty, and similar to the sauerkraut and mushroom filled 'croquets' available at the Euro Foods market in town, which are very much like those I first encountered at a Polish Deli in Garfield, NJ (in a strip-plaza next to a plastics factory on River Dr...go there!).