Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Cat Nordling Oake !

The 'covergirl' of the last-ever print edition of DIMZ passed away this afternoon. www.catay.com was a very important early photoessay website that had fresh content weekly for a number of years beginning a decade-and-a-half ago. Really one of the online pioneers giving us all content from a witty and brilliant graphic designer! The site featured an SSBBW's unfiltered POV which jumped thru that 'funny' hoop we all had to jump thru back then... enabling her subsequent emulators to skip the jump and aim for the Mainstream. http://www.catay.com
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:09 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That is shattering news. Cat was always so vibrantly herself that it is hard to imagine her stopped.

My condolences to all who knew her personally.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

RIP, free-spirited one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat_2017_09_17_rip.jpg (152.9 KB, 891 views)
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

This is such sad, sad news. She was such a beautiful, bright light in the world. Rest in Peace, Cat.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #5
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Cat was an online friend to both me and Sandie for many years, and she was one of the first to send her condolences to me last year when I lost Sandie. Her websites did so much to bring humor into the world and she helped raise so many women's self-esteem through her example. The world was a better place because Cat was in it, and she will be missed.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #6
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

I didn't know her personally, but I loved everything she did. She always had the most delightful sense of humor and a sharp eye as a photographer. I am so sad to hear about her passing. I hope her friends and loved ones soon find peace in a world without her.

Much love and respect, Cat. You were an original in more ways than one.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #7
Am Jim

Am Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this board

Crap, this is really sad news.
Am Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
Guy
I need a nap!

Guy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGuy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

So sad to loose someone of Cat's calibre. Funny, sweet of heart and kind of spirit, she had the most expressive of smiles. We will miss this happy girl. Condolence to her family.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

RIP to Cat and Condolences to her family and friends. I hope that someone starts a thread for Cat as this is news that can easily be missed. Such a shame

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #10
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default She was our inspiration

Cat was a force to be admired. She was one of the first fat girls I saw that people admired!!! She wore what she wanted to. She had fabulous pictures that she posted (many she created herself BEFORE we had all this high tech computer help). She created costumes for herself. She posted these online for the world to see. I remember her displaying her beautiful body flying thru the air or being a goddess on a column.

She traveled everywhere and posted those pictures for us to see. I never got a chance to meet in person but we talked thru the internet. She always had time for her "fans". Cat was gracious and bawdy. I am sorry her light burned out so soon but that happens sometimes when the fire is hot and bright.

Cat has a place in my book of role models and trail blazers for fat women. She was instrumental in making the words "fat woman" something I did not have to fear. I could hold my head up thanks to that cute, dancing, butterfly in her pics wearing a catsuit. She was beautiful, inside and out. Well done my dear. Rest in peace until we meet again in heaven.

M2M
Moore2Me
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #11
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Awww, nooo, that's so sad. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her friends and loved ones. I'm so sorry to hear this.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
c49999

c49999 has said some nice things

This is very sad for me too. She got my attention all the way back when I surfed onto what was then Pencomputing.com/members/dimensionsmagazine/forums... Or something like that.

I was in college back then and trying to make sense of why I liked curves more than the hardbodies that is celebrated in magazine. Cat was one of the many stand up people then that helped me become comfortable in my skin now

Now as we are getting older and the ones who are passing away I am beginning to worry about the love of my life and if I should be looking at specific things before it becomes to late. If anyone is brave enough (with family's consent of course) to share what has happened either here or by PM I would be grateful.

I believe the members we have lost would love reply to this post in a thoughtful and caring way. Rest in peace Cat, and all, and peace to everyone here
c49999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #13
dan

dan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized rep

Cat....Catay...Rest in peace. You were one of a kind. Your a beautiful women...So sorry you left us WAY too soon.
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:45 AM   #14
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My condolences to her friends and family.

On a mod note, I thought that Cat's passing was deserving of its own thread here as well a mention in the obituary thread. Hope nobody minds this.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #15
bigbob10000
Getting Ready To Have Fun

bigbob10000 can now change their title

CAT will be missed. Condolences to her family.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #16
mp7251

mp7251 does more than just post hot picsmp7251 does more than just post hot picsmp7251 does more than just post hot pics

she is and will be missed
mp7251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #17
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

R.I.P catay
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #18
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cat's obituary on the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

http://www.startribune.com/catherine...ity/449495693/
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #19
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

Thank you for link, Conrad. What a nice obituary. She deserved every word. The world will miss her bright light. I can't help but think of her up in heaven, spreading her creative soul in fun and clever ways. She was taken from earth too soon, but I'm sure her light shines just as brightly in heaven. It is almost Halloween. I'm sure she is up to some cute mischief!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:31 AM   #20
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm glad she has a separate thread now. Deserves it.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:38 AM   #21
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Cat's obituary on the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

http://www.startribune.com/catherine...ity/449495693/
Wow, that was beautiful.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #22
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks Ned, and Conrad. We live in the Twin Cities but, somehow, I missed both this thread and the obit.

Cat - the dynamic, irrepressible, irreplaceable Cat! I was fortunate enough to meet her - once - years ago, probably at one of her Game Nights. It may have been at Black Bear Crossing. We walked in for a cuppa and realized that we were in her presence. We talked, briefly, shared a hug, and moved on. My knees still shake when I think of it.

I did correspond with her occasionally - just the sort of frivolity I used to post when my handle was Punster

Cat - so much in that obituary that I never knew. If your eyes were too narrowly focused, you could miss her beauty. If your soul were not sufficiently developed, you could miss the depths of hers.

At age 80, I find myself saying Goodbye almost weekly. Now I say it again:

Goodbye, Cat. If you're not too busy flitting amongst the galaxies, drop by and visit us occasionally. The world could sure use a few more hugs right now.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."

Last edited by Ho Ho Tai; 11-14-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: addition
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote