Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 10-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default "18-30 Stone Holidays"

Folk from the UK might be able to comment on this more, but from a passing reference elsewhere followed by a quick web research, it seems that:

- Someone has built a new club been running a club for fat folk in the Caribbean. (has wider and stronger lounge chairs, reinforced beds, wider doorways, etc) *

- There are some clubs (marketed mostly in the UK? Maybe not) known as 'Club 18-30' for the age range that they accept.

- ITV in the UK was running a show tonight about this new fat friendly club, riffing on the 'Club 18-30' name to call the show '18-30 Stone Vacation.' The show was following a small cast of quite fat people visiting this club.

I guess the takeaways are that there is a new resort catering to fat people, and that on the UK there was a show featuring fat people at said resort. You can now either try to find the resort and see if it is somewhere you'd like to visit, or look for a streaming take on the show to perv on the people features, depending on your interests

(And ... we will see how long this resort survives. I forget what the previous such attempt was called, but I seem to recall it was rebranded within months. )

ETA: Read one more article to find that this is not a new club, but probably the one that made a splash years ago, just getting some new publicity? Original wording now in yellow, to show how far off the mark I was in my first take on this. Most of the coverage is about the show, not the resort.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Can't say I've heard of this but then I don't have a tv so that might explain that.

Not gonna lie, that sounds like a fantastic place for an FA to have a vacation. Are you allowed to visit if you bring your own fatty with you?
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
AmyJo1976
Happy Thanksgiving!

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sounds like an awesome place if I could ever afford a Caribbean vacation
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club

https://www.google.com/amp/www.teleg...ight-cope/amp/
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Wink Rupert's New Fetish

this seems to be showing up mostly on Murdoch statios and papers
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #6
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Hopefully it's better facilitated than the Freedom Paradise resort that was tried in Mexico in the early 2000's. It takes more than bigger furniture added to an average hotel to make a good environment for fat folks.

Last edited by HereticFA; 10-26-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: expand thought
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #7
ecogeek

ecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized rep

I have been looking for any plus size holidays lately. Cruises/trips etc...after hearing this on tv. I looked it up, it is a place called "The Resort" but quite confusing, as you pay a flat fee for 16,800$/6 days/2-20something guests. So I guess you rent out the whole place? I don't know. It confuses me. I just want some fat holidays where I can dress how I want and not worry about my husband fighting someone because an asian is taking my picture again for lols. I guess on the plus side, if you found 20 people willing to pay 800ish each, it would be a sweet holiday!
ecogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I saw an article on this just a day or two ago. Love the idea, but getting 16.8k together, hard pass.