Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 03-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #376
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default How's It Been Hanging?

Dear Esteemed Master of the English Language (AKA Ho Ho Ta),

I have missed you & your handler (Ms Ho Ho). I bet you thought I had become a zealot or joined a cult. No, not again . . . been there, done that. I don't think the Amish will let me in again (long story) and Tony Alamo's is supposed to be shut down. I now where they live in Arkansas and the roads are still closed to the public. After all they did make some outrageously beautiful jackets.

I couldn't resist responding to your poems in your last few quotes to this thread. If you want my advice (no person with normal sanity would), I will hold back . . . would want to inflate a senior citizen's vanity. After all, it only makes them worse (or that's what they tell me). A few words of warning . . . Someone showed me how to count the number of words in a document using Word. The epic poems in your last post were 807, I know you can top that . . . so can I. Just thought you'd want to know that the younger Dimmers are watching and the machines can count now.

Will talk more later. I bet your mailbox is still full and not taking anymore posts.

Love (and I don't say that to many people),

M2M
moore2me
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #377
Deezer123

Deezer123 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDeezer123 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwlibrarian View Post
Appropriate for this forum: the incomparable late, great Lucille Clifton

She's lovely and she's great
Deezer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #378
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Just a fist-bump (and a thread bump)

Moore to Me -

I had to bump this thread because I can't live without poetry (and this thread) any more than I can live without love (and thanks for yours. Dear Lady).

I don't really have a poem for you at the moment, but I can say that Mrs. Ho Ho and I are still very much in love as we approach our 28th year together. Our hearts still beat to the same meter, as our souls fill in the words. As I approach 80 y.o., nothing will ever match that gift.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #379
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default says it all

"Books are keys to wisdom's treasure.
Books are gate to lands of pleasure.
Books are paths that upward lead.
Books are friends -- come, let us read."

--Emilie Poulson
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #380
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My favorite is The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. I first heard of it back in the 80s when watching Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows. Singer Loreena McKennitt did a good job turning it into a song years ago...

https://youtu.be/Ixi4jz0Gn4E
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:34 AM   #381
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
My favorite is The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes. I first heard of it back in the 80s when watching Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows. Singer Loreena McKennitt did a good job turning it into a song years ago...

https://youtu.be/Ixi4jz0Gn4E
A teacher read this to us in about grade four or five, it was the first time I'd really encountered poetry beyond nursery rhymes, and got me to search out some more on my own. I don't remember all the words, but I can still feel the rhythm that she read the poem with, how it evoked the cantering horse, the breathless wait .... it really stuck with me obviously.

But the poem that has always spoken to me the most is Robert Frost’s “The Road Not Taken”. I think it captures that feeling of having to make just one choice so well.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:08 AM   #382
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

"The Fledgling"

So, art thou feathered, art thou flown,
Thou naked thing?—and canst alone
Upon the unsolid summer air
Sustain thyself, and prosper there?
Shall no more with anxious note
Advise thee through the happy day,
Thrusting the worm into thy throat,
Bearing thine excrement away?
Alas, I think I see thee yet,
Perched on the windy parapet,
Defer thy flight a moment still