Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 04-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #51
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster102.5 View Post
Just so you know the links are Youtube videos

Tool

STP

Soundgarden

Pearl Jam

The Odds

Matthew Good Band

Moist

Foo Fighters

Ministry

Butthole Surfers
- really great psychedelic rock band with a strange name

The Headstones

The Tragically Hip

Jeru The Damaja

A Tribe Called Quest

De La Soul

Maestro Fresh Wes

Saukrates

Choclair

Great List!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #52
KFD
I am Ironman

KFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 club

Unified Theory...? Anyone??

Prozzak brought me back, another one I haven't seen yet is Len... "Steal My Sunshine". Anybody remember the video of them on scooters in Venice, where the girl clearly mouths the phrase "Oh f--k"?

Big Sugar is another one I haven't seen yet...

Okay, maybe just me...

KFD
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #53
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFD View Post
Unified Theory...? Anyone??

Prozzak brought me back, another one I haven't seen yet is Len... "Steal My Sunshine". Anybody remember the video of them on scooters in Venice, where the girl clearly mouths the phrase "Oh f--k"?

Big Sugar is another one I haven't seen yet...

Okay, maybe just me...

KFD
I love LEN and surprised i haven't mentioned them. There were so much awesome music and bands in the 90's it's hard to cover everyone, it was a great decade for music and pop-culture both. Bands like FUEL, BUSH, Live, great music man.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #54
KingColt

KingColt has super-sized repKingColt has super-sized repKingColt has super-sized repKingColt has super-sized rep

I feel as though there are some worthy parts of 90ies music yet unmentioned in here so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1uWVEY7i6Y Killarmy - Wu renegades
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlh...nishment_music Big Pun - capital punishment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84 Gang Starr - moment of truth
Nas - Nas is like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeIkGeCd6-g Arrested Development - Africas inside me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPDYiCPFvjA ATCQ - midnight marauders full album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYw0NnHDRzc De la Soul - stakes is high
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XaA5Fa4kZo Sauce money - against the grain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNT6Zxi2M9k Wu Tang - bells of war
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5edxArGT8 Madlib alias Quasimoto - come on feet (which was recorded in 1999 so no to everybody saying its not 90ies ;D)
ugh, I feel old as fuck and nerdy too boot now. Excuse this post. Well, fuck it I guess
Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #55
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

As much as I liked living and growing up in the 90's and 2000's, if I were born in the 70's I could maybe have appreciated it more, now it is sad to see a lot of acts dying off like Guru of Gang Starr, and not having A Tribe Called Quest on tour anymore.
Fear Factory - Self Bias Resistor
The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By
Kool G Rap - Road to Riches
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part Two
Group Home - Supa Star
Ghetto Concept - E-Z On Tha Motion
Kardinal Offishall - BaKardi Slang
Monolith - At The Top
WIO-K - Sunlight
The Roots - What They Do

Last edited by Kenster102.5; 12-11-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #56
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

Hah! I think I stopped listening to 'new' music regularly around 1998. I am prematurely old. Some of my unmentioned (?) favs:

Mudhoney - "Suck You Dry"
Local H - "Bound for the Floor" (although, really, everything but their first album is AWESOME. Check out their new stuff, too.)
The KLF - "3AM Eternal"
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #57
crosseyedhamster

crosseyedhamster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescrosseyedhamster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

See, I WANT to like N'Sync, The Backstreet Boys, and O-Town...

But I just can't stand that a bunch of artists basically made a career from ripping of Justin Bieber!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #58
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

of the Britpop era:
Pulp - "Common People" (an aside: I've always had a mini-crush on Jarvis Cocker.)
Blur - "Girls and Boys"
Oasis - "Supersonic"
The Lightning Seeds - "Change" (yay for the Clueless soundtrack!)
Supergrass - "Alright" (...ditto.)

shoegazers:
My Bloody Valentine - "Soon"
The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Snakedriver" (Though, their 80s stuff is more shoegaze than this... I was just trying to think of a decent song they released in the 90s. Still, plenty of feedback for your listening pleasure.)
Catherine Wheel - "Fripp" (Probably the most underrated band of the 1990s, IMO, along with Local H [though Local H gets better with age, too]. Chrome is CW's masterpiece.)

riot grrrls/anti riot-grrrls/chicks that rock:
Hole - "Burn Black" (and, yeah, okay--I acknowledge Courtney's a dirty, used up whore, but that's the point. She always was. It's just that she stopped being epic around 1999.)
L7 - "One More Thing" (and, really, their third, fourth, and fifth albums are their best)
Bikini Kill - "Rebel Girl"
Veruca Salt - "All Hail Me" (only had one good album, American Thighs, but Eight Arms to Hold You had a couple of good songs)
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #59
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster102.5 View Post
As much as I liked living and growing up in the 90's and 2000's, if I were born in the 70's I could maybe have appreciated it more, now it is sad to see a lot of acts dying off like Guru of Gang Starr, and not having A Tribe Called Quest on tour anymore.
Fear Factory - Self Bias Resistor
The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By
Kool G Rap - Road to Riches
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Part Two
Group Home - Supa Star
Ghetto Concept - E-Z On Tha Motion
Kardinal Offishall - BaKardi Slang
Monolith - At The Top
WIO-K - Sunlight
The Roots - What They Do
Guru was one of the greatest rappers ever. "Royalty" is a classic too.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #60
vermillion
est. 1983

vermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging in

Tool is still my all time favorite band.
Alice in Chains....a close second.
No matter what I listen to now...I know all the words...
to all the songs for both of those bands.
Every single one of their albums were amazing.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #61
vermillion
est. 1983

vermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging invermillion makes people happy simply by logging in

Don't forget NIN and Marilyn Manson.
I loved both of them!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #62
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Pearl Jam was pretty much the only 90's band I even remotely liked.

I was an 80's kid and in high school during the 90's, but I'd still rather listen to classic rock, blues, or jazz. I haven't liked most modern rock music since the 80's, and that was Aerosmith, Guns & Roses, and such.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #63
Morganer
On Timeout

Morganer can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMorganer can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Talking

Gin Blossoms!
Morganer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #64
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

My first high school dance 1997, we had three projector screens up in the gym and a VJ playing the newest music vids. I remember seeing the Venga Boys up there... *cringe* and Barbie Girl... Then the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 degrees, O-Town, the list goes on.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #65
Morganer
On Timeout

Morganer can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMorganer can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Duran Duran
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #66
Morganer
On Timeout

Or... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJo0MT3wDBs

Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #67
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Fuck yes.

Also:
Skinny Puppy
A Perfect Circle
KMFDM (when they were actually good)
Scooter
Crystal Method
White Zombie
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
Pig
Ministry
Apoptygma Berzerk
Lacuna Coil
Type O Negative
Paul Van Dyk
Prodigy
Daft Punk
Aphex Twin

So-bad-it-was-good:
Ace of Base
Eiffel 65
2-Unlimited
Vengaboys

Damn, music was decent for so much of that decade.
Uhm, this list is incredible
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #68
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

EBTG
The Refreshments
The Smashing Pumpkins (they ended in 2000, let's face it.)
En Vogue
TLC
Bone Thugs N Harmony
Naughty By Nature (Underrated as hell!)
Alice In Chains
Savage Garden (They had some shit, don't front!)

i gave Ace of Base a listen a few months ago, thinking that they'd have the EBTG delayed effect where i didn't like em coming up but as an adult i realize the error of my ways, but it was to no avail. vocals were great, melodies were good but the beat machines were $40 Casios and i STILL can't get into it
Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #69
dsaintd

dsaintd can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdsaintd can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am absolutely shocked and horrified by the fact that Nirvana and Alice in Chains were mentioned in almost every post but not one of you said the Melvins!! Hang your heads in shame, you can't forget the masters who invented the genre :P
dsaintd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #70
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just hitting part of the techno/ambient side for now, since I'm not sure it was covered
808 State
Orbital
The Orb
KLF/ JAAMMs (not at all ambient, but seriously rocked)
(ah, someone also mentioned them )

And a bit obscure: Happyhead

Last edited by CleverBomb; 03-07-2013 at 11:40 PM.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #71
Ladybuglove

Ladybuglove can now change their title

Thanks to TLC, I don't want no scrub...'cause you know. Ain't no body got time for that!
Ladybuglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:42 AM   #72
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!
Smile interesting thread!

Let's see....

Samiam
The Pixies
Frank Black
The Breeders
Josephine Wiggs Experience
Primus
Geggy Tah
Veruca Salt
Aphex Twin
Orbital
Spacehog
The Lemonheads
Teenage Fanclub
Jamie Myerson
Tad
The Melvins
Husker Du
Sugar
Bob Mould
Eyes Adrift
Mad Season
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
King Missile
Ween
They Might Be Giants
Radioactive Goldfish
Massive Attack
Frente
The Sugarcubes
Bjork
L7
Local H
Rusted Root
The Stone Roses
Luscious Jackson
Belly
Loud Lucy
Bunnygrunt
Gin Blossoms
Blind Melon
P (1993) band with Johnny Depp

Reality Bites Soundtrack
Clueless Soundtrack
Suburbia Soundtrack
Empire Records Soundtrack
Buy Product
Buy Product 2

I loved so much music from the 90s. Hell, I lived through it and did most of my musical exploration during that era.