Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Happy Birthday, Timberwolf!

Tradition may be to serve a birthday cake with money in it...but I don't bake.

Hope the day is a good one for you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2000_lbr_00116_2.jpg (177.0 KB, 51 views)
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Happy birthday Timberwolf!
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope it is/has been a good one, Mr. Wolf!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
Timberwolf
back.

Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!

Why, thanks guys...

It got better over the course of the day.
And this here is the cherry on top.

:hug:
"Do not try this at home"
warning.

-Zandoz-
It's the self-acceptance that makes the beauty.
-Waxwing-
"A woman without a belly is no woman."
- arabian proverb -
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Empty wall?
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Wolfie - you're back . . .

. . . with a bit of that pelt becoming more like unto a gray wolf(ie).

I admit that you had fallen out of my consciousness since the bodice ripper story and thread of 11 to 12 years ago. Ah, those were the days! I still communicate with some of that gang - GeorgeNL fairly often, BBWSweetheart infrequently but she pops out of seclusion around Christmas to send more maple syrup.

Looking back, I sent you a similar message in 2012.

For those who have forgotten, or were never aware of the bodice ripper story, here's a link to the exchanges between participants. I think the actual story is in there somewhere too. There are many threads on these boards that are literally (and literarily) priceless. May they live forever, if only in our collective memory.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...archid=6623516

I was just a kid of 68 years then - I just turned 80 a bit over a week ago. Had a great party up in Duluth, and more scheduled in the T.C.

Ah, life is good - what's left of it.

PS: I can't post a picture of our dinner / birthday party in Duluth for reasons of privacy, but I can patch in a segment of a summary that I sent to participants and other friends. I hope you find it as amusing as I (the author) do.

"When everyone was present, and before dinner was ordered, I stood to make a few introductory remarks. They went something like this:

(Standing, and making a great pretense of searching for the 20 pages of notes I intended to present

"Friends, thank you so much for coming to my party. At age 80, it is my reward and pleasure, as well as my obligation, to address you with such words of wisdom as I have acquired over the past eight decades. This shouldn't take more than an hour, after which we can order our dinner."

(Fumbling in briefcase.)

"However, I can't seem to find them and so shall just share a phrase from my invitation."

(Audible sigh from Sr. Susan, followed by something like "God DOES have mercy!")

"I have already received the gifts - the joy and satisfaction of knowing that, at 80 years of age, I have friends like you."

What more could be said after that?

The party went wonderfully well from then on, with everyone eager to share from their own lives and acquired wisdom, and everyone equally eager to listen.

Events such as this remind me of the Hindu story of Indra's Magnificent Jeweled Net, in which each of an infinite number of shining beads, arranged in a net, reflects every other bead, for a multiply infinite number of reflections. As the reference points out,

"Now open your eyes, and know that you are a sparkling jewel in Indra's Net, as is every person around you. Every jewel is connected with all the other jewels in the net; every person is intimately connected with all the other persons in the universe."

We all reflect each other. We all pick up little bits of intellectual and emotional DNA, so to speak, and in the process, we become a bit like the other, thus enriching ourselves, each other, and all of humanity in untold ways. I feel incredibly honored, thrilled, and humbled when I contemplate what others have shared with me, and what I have shared with them. I can only hope that some of what I have shared has been of some value to others, because, in that sharing, I have certainly been blessed."

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:39 AM   #6
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!
Smile

Happy belated birthday, Timberwolf!

*enthusiastically waves a howdy and dances around like some techno nerd*

I've missed ya!

sincerely, Swampy
Old 10-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #7
Timberwolf
back.

Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thank you so much, Ho Ho Tai, for sharing a bit of your wisdom.

Yeah, my beard has turned quite a bit... blonder than it has been, back in the days.

I've mostly been lurking in the background, over the last few years, posting in those word games played around here, from time to time...

---

You know what they say, Swampy, "better late than never". Thank you.

Looks like you're still listening to my music.
But that's mutual - yours frequently graces my speakers, too.
"Do not try this at home"
warning.

-Zandoz-
It's the self-acceptance that makes the beauty.
-Waxwing-
"A woman without a belly is no woman."
- arabian proverb -
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Empty wall?
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #8
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default More wisdom, shared by an old friend

When informed that I had reached my 80th birthday, an old friend (going back to the 60s) sent me this. I replied, in part, that it didn't matter if you were on the 1st hole or the back nine - you can keep playing, as long as you've got the balls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page1image256.jpg (252.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg page2image256.jpg (272.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg page3image256.jpg (225.1 KB, 10 views)

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote