Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 11-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #1501
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Next topic - Name a film that depicts a historical event that most adults who are 21 years old - should have watched to complete their education.

1. Night and Fog - this is a little 30 min documentary by Alain Resnais. I never watched it until it was on TMC a couple of weeks ago. I was floored - it was actual footage filmed by the Nazis of what happened inside their concentration camps. Words cannot describe what I saw. "Never again" means even more to me now.
2. Mississippi Burning
3. Hunt for Red October - while based on a fictional novel, this movie does a good job demonstrating the tension between the U.S. and U.S.S.R. during the cold war.
4. Gone With The Wind
5. Hotel Rwanda
6. Shoah If you are interested in the Holocaust at all, this will haunt you and never let you forget - documentary of survivors....
7. The Joy Luck Club - also fictional, but gives an idea about U.S. immigration experience, and the generational conflicts.
8. The Rape of Nanking - What the Japanese army did to the Chinese at Nanking -
not good.
9. Schindler's List
10. The Crucible
11. JFK
12. Pompeii (The Last Day)