Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 11-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #326
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My heart swells every time this thread is bumped!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #327
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default *bump!*

As a self-professed 'professor of funk,' I must take it upon myself to keep this thread alive. Here is a video for a song I wrote and recorded with a friend of mine not too long ago. It's got more of 60s soul/Motown vibe more than straight up funk perhaps, but it's still groovin'. Hope you enjoy!

Old 02-15-2018, 08:43 AM   #328
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The original Funkadelic with George Clinton I grew up on that as a kid.
Mothers Finest I have seen live a bunch of times and they started in the 70's and are still together making music.
They are the best of the 70's, funk/soul/heavy rock all rolled into one.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:01 PM   #329
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Mothers Finest I have seen live a bunch of times and they started in the 70's and are still together making music.
I saw George Clinton last summer play at Madison's Bratfest!
Old 02-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #330
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Nice! I actually got to open for P-Funk last spring in Boston. George is still tearing it up at age 76. I only hope I can have half as much energy as he does when I'm that age.

Wow, Mother's Finest. Haven't heard anyone drop that name in ages! I loved their original version of "Love Chages", later made famous by Kashif and Meli'sa Morgan.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:50 AM   #331
LJ Rock

I thought I would also go ahead and share something I posted to Soundcloud not too long ago, if anyone is interested. It's a series I did called [skematiks]. The intention was to write, record and publish a short five or six song "album" every week. I had been writing so much at the time; I just felt as though I needed that outlet. It was fun, but after posting three of them I found myself unable to keep up. Maybe I will find the time again, but in the meantime check out what I've done so far - maybe you'll dig it.

https://soundcloud.com/bigbenhillman...ks-chapter-one

https://soundcloud.com/bigbenhillman...ks-chapter-two

https://soundcloud.com/bigbenhillman...-chapter-three
Old 02-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #332
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Mothers Finest have a face book page you should check it out,Jean Kennedy is still an awesome lady.
I was in a touring trash metal band back in the late 80's until 1995 so I got to see lots of big acts and work with a few.
George Clinton I met in a WalMart of all places and it was like OMG I have to go talk to him. He was so nice and just a beautiful man.
George is the only mega star I freaked out when I saw him in person LOL.
Most of the stars I met it was hi how are you that kind of thing, they are just regular people after all so I treat them that way.
I dig your sound cloud clips well done.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #333
LJ Rock

Thanks for the tip on the Mother's Finest Facebook page, I started following - and also thanks for the complement on my tunes. That's cool that you got work with so many cool artists during your tenure with the band, and how awesomely random to meet the King of all Funk at Walmart! lol I've gotten to work with a handful of big names myself, and I think the only time I ever really got "startstruck" is when I met Herbie Hancock. He's been my personal keyboard-hero since I was a kid, and I got to meet him backstage at Newport Jazz fest when I was about 24 or so years old - shaking like a leaf and babbling like a fool. lol