Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #51
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Salmon
Sardines
Avocados
Beans
Cabbage
Celery
Golden Milk (turmeric spice latte in cashew or almond milk)
Walnuts
Tea
Tempeh
Quinoa
Hummus
Extra dark chocolate
Blackberries
Green Beans
Zucchini
Old 09-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #52
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm tired a lot so convenience is the main factor for me when it comes to food. As such, I've started making a big bowl of pasta salad once a week and eating it for meals when I'm tired.

I use the following:
  • 1 Whole Cucumber
  • 3 Sweet Peppers
  • 3 Carrots
  • 1 tin of Sweetcorn
  • 1 tin of mixed Beans
  • A couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise/salad cream

I cook up three handfuls of dry pasta and add that to the salad. It's delicious and colourful and makes a good meal all on its own without having to put any extra effort into making food.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #53
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Turmeric (combined with pepper as a strong anti-inflammatory/counter to DOMS)
Black Pepper
Most fruits and vegetables. Especially when combined with meat.
Peppers of varying levels of heat (up to Ghost pepper)
Ginger
Green Tea
Garlic and onions
Coconut oil
Grilled meat
Seafood
Almonds
Beet Juice
Moringa
Milk, and alternatives (e.g. Coconut, Almond)
Pseudocereals
Pretty much any bread
Rice

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 AM   #54
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Here's my favorite healthy recipe. Marinated bean salad. I'll eat it morning, noon, or night.

Cooked from dry, or (rinsed and drained) canned black beans and blackeyed peas (3 cups or 2 cans each).

1 large red bell pepper, diced

1 cup chopped red onion

2 cups chopped celery

3-4 minced garlic cloves

1 small can pickled jalapeno slices (like for nachos), chopped and vinegar reserved (or 2 large fresh jalapenos chopped). Or less, or more, depends on how hot you like it.

1/4 cup avocado oil (or oil of choice)

Vinegar of choice (including reserved canned jalapeno liquid if you went the canned nacho slice route) to make 3/4 cup. I use red wine or white wine vinegar.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Chopped cilantro, about 1/4 cup, if you're on Team Cilantro.

Mix it all up, put it in a container in the fridge, give it at least 12 hours to marinate. The longer it sits, the better it gets. Eat it as a side dish, eat it as a meal, scoop it into avocado halves, eat it with chips, put it on a salad with grilled shrimp or chicken. Whatever you like. It's full of protein, fiber, flavorful as hell, and the texture contrast between the beans and celery is delightful.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #55
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

That sounds delicious, Tracy!

Very similar to Oklahoma Caviar.
Jeannie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:36 AM   #56
Tracyarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
That sounds delicious, Tracy!

Very similar to Oklahoma Caviar.
It is. I've heard it called Cowboy Caviar, or Texas Caviar too. But most recipes I've found call for corn and less celery, sometimes tomato or avocado. I tweaked it to my preference.

It's one of those salads that if you make a big batch, it gets tastier every day, which is why I like it. Do all the vegetable chopping at once, have salad for the rest of the week.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #57
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
It is. I've heard it called Cowboy Caviar, or Texas Caviar too. But most recipes I've found call for corn and less celery, sometimes tomato or avocado. I tweaked it to my preference.

It's one of those salads that if you make a big batch, it gets tastier every day, which is why I like it. Do all the vegetable chopping at once, have salad for the rest of the week.
Yes, I first learned of it in Texas, as Texas Caviar. I'm lazy about making it and our Reasor's grocery store sells a pretty good one, so I usually just buy it there. For some reason, it's the least expensive thing in the deli premade case. It's by far the best thing they sell. They put tomatoes and sliced green olives in theirs. No corn or avocado. The olives are my favorite part. The japs they use are a super hot variety, so I end up picking out at least half of those. All the more reason to get off my lazy butt and make it to my liking. Your excellent recipe just may prompt me to do that. (with the addition of sliced green olives).
Jeannie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:58 AM   #58
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

Restaurants:

Jasons Deli
Mexican Chipotle

(I like these 2 restaurants in particular because they use very wholesome and natural food, non-GMO, pesticide free, etc.)

They are worth checking out.

What I eat at home that is healthy:

kale salad kit with pumpkin seeds (i usually buy this and mix it with chicken tenders )
fresh pineapple - for the bromelain (good for the muscles, nerves, joints)
beets - for the all natural betaine (good for the joints)
tuna - for the selenium (excellent oxidant)
salmon - (omega)
marinated artichoke hearts for the inulin
artisan style bread honey oat with walnuts (omega)
Santita's corn chips (white or yellow) why? because its basically Corn, Canola Oil, Salt - basic ingredients!
Tillamook's all natural beef jerky (for the real simple ingredients)
pecans (good for your brain)

What I like to drink that's healthy:

Arizona stress tea (for the herbs that include chamomile and valerian)
Arizona energy drink (for the eletheuro "siberian ginseng")
Guayaki Yerbe Mate Bluephoria (for the yerbe mate, stewed elderberries and blueberry blend)

Spices that I really like:

chinese 5 spice seasoning (star anise, ginger, white pepper, cloves, fennel, cinnamon, ginger) great for mildly sweetening up a stir fry, sweetening up the no sugar added applesauce naturally, I even like it in soups or ravioli. its good for oral health, too.

fennel seeds - great for relieving gas or bloating-type symptoms ... I like to add this to the Marie Calender Pot Pies

sage - i like to use some of this in my chicken and beef sausage gumbo

nutmeg - i like this sprinkled on my frappuccinos. its also good for mental concentration and sinuses

rosemary - sparingly sprinkle on soup or ravioli, chicken dishes (helps with sinuses, memory, mental focus, etc.)

parsley - fresh parsley for my gumbo (great oxidant)

I really love a lot of different herbs ... too many to mention!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 AM   #59
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Butternut squash- boiling it in soup or just plain chicken bouillon makes it soooo delicious

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote