Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-02-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
BHMluver

BHMluver can now change their title
Default Airplane Travel

Now that commitments to mother & MIL have passed, I have this insane urge to travel again. What is best for a BHM & a skinny broad - 3 conventional seats or two first class tickets?

It never bothered me as Iíd just let him spill into my seat in coach. But now, with all new airline regulations, Iím in a quandary. Flew 1st class once &, aside from the warm towel, was not particularly impressed. As well,I believe the divide between seats was a solid thing & not an arm that could be flipped up.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance!
Old 12-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #2
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHMluver View Post
3 conventional seats or two first class tickets?
At least three conventional seats.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
TeaWithJasmine

TeaWithJasmine has said some nice things

I've been looking at this quite closely, as my g/f and I want to travel next year. Business/First really doesn't offer you that much more width for the cost. It's almost always cheaper to buy an extra economy seat, and you'll get way more seat width. It's best to book over the phone though as most airline websites aren't set up to handle the extra booking. The downside is if it's an airline with a narrow seat pitch (legroom) you may find your b/f won't be able to use the tray table. If you can get an airline with a decent economy seat pitch, though you'll be hard pressed to find much variation on short haul, long-haul/intercontinental operators have more variation. If you shop around you'll find some airlines offer 34 inch economy pitches. There used to be a few that even offered 36 inch pitch, but not sure if that's still a thing.
TeaWithJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #4
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This is almost completely unrelated, but I was reading an article on things flight attendants notice about passengers and almost spit my soda at this line "Don’t worry, no FA is looking for a date while they’re on the job." I know what they meant but I can't help laughing and thinking "Speak for yourself, this FA includes my phone number as a complimentary extra with every seatbelt extender!". Or at least I would if I was also the up in the air kind of FA instead of just the chubby chaser kind.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
BHMluver

BHMluver can now change their title

Iíve heard if an airline needs to, they can give your 3rd booked & PAID for seat away. 😡 Has anyone else heard this? Personally, I think 3 seats w/ moveable armrests would work much better than two first class seats.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:18 AM   #6
TeaWithJasmine

TeaWithJasmine has said some nice things

Yes, they can - and do. Some airlines have a policy of not doing that, but many will.
TeaWithJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHMluver View Post
Iíve heard if an airline needs to, they can give your 3rd booked & PAID for seat away. 😡 Has anyone else heard this? Personally, I think 3 seats w/ moveable armrests would work much better than two first class seats.
They've also been known to split them up.

A SSBHM friend of mine who frequently flys for his job always books two seats for himself. He's had a few times his seat assignments weren't adjoining. Most of the time they would correct the situation. But one time they wouldn't.

Once the international flight was underway and the "fasten seatbelt" sign was off, he started moving between his seats, spending about ten minutes in each. After a few cycles of this, one of the flight attendants asked him to stop. His response was that he paid for his two seats and since they failed to put them together, he HAD to keep moving between them.

They finally got one of the four people seated next to his two seats to move so he could have two seats together.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote