Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 12-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #151
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiRayson View Post
Even in an FA world those words would still be said sometimes - for instance I'm currently trying to lose weight because one of the things I love to do is climb hills and that would be a whole pile easier if I was 50/60lbs lighter. I'm never going to be thin but I would like to not actually be fat either.
It's your life. Still, it's a shame.

And as to the highlighted part, I fear we have little in common, then.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #152
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiRayson View Post
Even in an FA world those words would still be said sometimes - for instance I'm currently trying to lose weight because one of the things I love to do is climb hills and that would be a whole pile easier if I was 50/60lbs lighter. I'm never going to be thin but I would like to not actually be fat either.
You’ve highlighted the one drawback to being married to a plus size woman. I’m an avid outdoor enthusiast and would do a day hike every weekend if my schedule permitted. My wife isn’t as enthusiastic as I am but would come along (and actually has a few times). Her weight really is a limiting factor for her though. She’s tough and will gut it out but it’s hard for her. Usually I just pursue outdoor activities on my own as a result of this. I love having a fat wife but it comes at a price. It’s worth it though.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #153
plushkitty

plushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
Every year at Christmastime, I make four batches of cookies of different varieties (though I make two batches of those nice peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kisses in the middle, because I know people love those so much,) and distribute them at the office where I work, then cap off my last workday of December by putting the remainder in the cafeteria. It's rare when they last all day.

I think this may be my favorite act of generosity to perform; giving people food, and it's not just because I'm an FA, because watching people eat doesn't normally make a difference in my feelings. However, it does open me up to a wide range of responses. A lot of "thank yous," a lot of "you're so sweets," and a lot of "oh, no thanks. I can'ts." However, a few times a year (especially from women,) I'll get the kind of remark that really hurts my soul. An "Oh, I'm trying to lose weight," or a "I was doing so well on my diet too." Every time I hear these remarks, I have to struggle with the urge to reply "Oh, that's a shame."

Oh, for an FA world.
Cookie twins! I made peanut blossoms last night, both milk and dark chocolate. I bake huge batches at Christmas time though, so I can give platters and boxes of cookies as gifts. (And so I can eat some, of course.) It's the most gratifying feeling to see someone's face light up when you ask if they want a cookie. I have made their day a little bit brighter!

One of the best things about embracing my fat is never having to say "Oh, I really shouldn't." Sometimes I say "Thanks, but I'm way too full", or "Thanks, but I'm going to eat dinner in an hour", but never "I'm on a diet"!
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:44 PM   #154
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Peanut butter cookies are my absolute favorite! It's really hard to find good soft cookies in the stores though, only really awesometastic ones I've had have been either homemade or the ones Subway makes (I once waited in Subway for over an hour for them to start baking them lol, when they finally had them they gave them to me for free for waiting so long).
Old 12-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #155
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushkitty View Post
Cookie twins! I made peanut blossoms last night, both milk and dark chocolate. I bake huge batches at Christmas time though, so I can give platters and boxes of cookies as gifts. (And so I can eat some, of course.) It's the most gratifying feeling to see someone's face light up when you ask if they want a cookie. I have made their day a little bit brighter!

One of the best things about embracing my fat is never having to say "Oh, I really shouldn't." Sometimes I say "Thanks, but I'm way too full", or "Thanks, but I'm going to eat dinner in an hour", but never "I'm on a diet"!
Bingo. I don't mind hearing "no thanks" from someone if they're full, or are about to have a meal, or are too sick, or have diabetes or celiac, but it makes me so sad when people refuse a cookie because they want to lose weight.

Fortunately, when you're giving away a ton of cookies, there's plenty to cheer you up.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:37 AM   #156
TwoSwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
Peanut butter cookies are my absolute favorite! It's really hard to find good soft cookies in the stores though, only really awesometastic ones I've had have been either homemade or the ones Subway makes (I once waited in Subway for over an hour for them to start baking them lol, when they finally had them they gave them to me for free for waiting so long).
Yup. Plus the ones you can make at home are usually much better for you, and contain fewer chemicals and preservatives. And the taste and texture are generally better as well, depending on the recipe you use.