Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Name Calling

I recently ran into a bbw friend of mine of 20 years in the subway. She hadn't seen me in a long while and her face revealed her reactions to my new size. During a talk afterwards, she stated how big I had gotten and that she couldn't believe it. She went as far as describing me as big as 2 bodyguards and used the word "huge".

What words do people that haven't seen you in a while, or are even familiar with your gain, use to describe you? What about the nonverbal reactions to your size? Do you see yourself through their eyes? How do the words they use to describe your size make you feel?
Do you need to hear it from others how big or huge you are to believe you are?
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirlluvher View Post
I recently ran into a bbw friend of mine of 20 years in the subway. She hadn't seen me in a long while and her face revealed her reactions to my new size. During a talk afterwards, she stated how big I had gotten and that she couldn't believe it. She went as far as describing me as big as 2 bodyguards and used the word "huge".

What words do people that haven't seen you in a while, or are even familiar with your gain, use to describe you? What about the nonverbal reactions to your size? Do you see yourself through their eyes? How do the words they use to describe your size make you feel?
Quite honestly, yes. Since as far back as elementary school, I've never been as fat as I've wanted to be, and I've been presented with fatter people often enough to remind me that I still couldn't claim to be where I wanted to be (or live vicariously through a significant other,) so I'm deeply insecure about my weight, and am desperately yearning for people to tell me that I'm very fat; to reassure me that I have made progress over the years. It never seems to happen, though.

I'll tell you something, however. The next time anyone tells me this in person, I will thank them cordially, and offer them a big, soft hug.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #3
LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going on

mary had a little lamb it's fleece was white as snow

Last edited by LarryTheNoodleGuy; 12-27-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: deleted due to lack of engagement
LarryTheNoodleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
plushkitty

plushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 clubplushkitty is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Nah, if anything I don't quite trust other people's view of me. Once you hit a certain size, it takes more and more weight to make a truly noticeable difference to the casual viewer. And most people are so bad at visually gauging weight because everybody lies about how much they weigh! Ask someone to draw or describe a 300 pound person and they're likely to produce a drawing or description of someone at least 100 pounds heavier than that.

My mom is the only family member who verbally mentions my size. None of my friends do, which is appreciated because Mom nags me more than enough! I'm sure they can all see that I'm having more and more trouble fitting into car seats and chairs with arms though.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have run into old friends that knew me when I was really skinny and usually they don't recognize me Once I tell them who I am its Oh wow I would have never guessed it was you.
Some girls I knew back then have gotten larger as they have gotten older so its not a big deal when they see me its more like hey GF well look at who has gotten fat too.
I did have one young kid tell his Mommy hey that fat lady has a butt in the front while pointing to me.
I love kids and how honest they are so it didn't bother me in the least.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:04 AM   #6
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
I did have one young kid tell his Mommy that that fat lady has a butt in the front while pointing to me.
I love kids and how honest they are so it didn't bother me in the least.
Oh, my gosh! That's so adorable!
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:15 PM   #7
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushkitty View Post
Nah, if anything I don't quite trust other people's view of me. Once you hit a certain size, it takes more and more weight to make a truly noticeable difference to the casual viewer. And most people are so bad at visually gauging weight because everybody lies about how much they weigh! Ask someone to draw or describe a 300 pound person and they're likely to produce a drawing or description of someone at least 100 pounds heavier than that.

My mom is the only family member who verbally mentions my size. None of my friends do, which is appreciated because Mom nags me more than enough! I'm sure they can all see that I'm having more and more trouble fitting into car seats and chairs with arms though.
My mom bought an XL shirt for me before summer ended. It wasn't necessarily one I'd get for myself but it's my mom and I showed appreciation. Looking at it, I knew it wouldn't fit and I was asked to try it on for her to see. It was tight and it was painfully obvious to us both that I would need XXL. I had already been buying XXL tops because some XL tops weren't fitting me anymore. Similar to my friend who's trying to estimate my muscle to fat ratio, if my mom wanted to know just how big I am now, she got her answer. She asked me yesterday what size I wear now. When I gave her a defensive "what??", she mentioned the shirt she bought for me didn't fit. I never answered. The basketball jersey I wore around the house had a prominent 2XLT tag at the bottom.

My mother has made comments about my weight over the years and finally I got upset enough at her once to tell her to stop because it upsets me. I explained to her that when I was skinny people commented and made me feel bad about myself. Now that I'm no longer skinny, people are commenting with the same result. I said almost everything except that I was purposely gaining with up to 300lbs in mind because that would open up a discussion I'd rather not have, at least not yet.

I'm having trouble with the seatbelt and getting out of cars too. An UBER driver once helped me with the seatbelt because I had on one of my biggest winter coats and it wasn't easy to fasten it. I usually pull the seatbelt to have enough slack so that I don't need help or take too long but I was really having trouble. I ask for the seat to be pushed forward now more than ever and get out at weird angles to be able to leave the car.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #8
LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushkitty View Post
Nah, if anything I don't quite trust other people's view of me. Once you hit a certain size, it takes more and more weight to make a truly noticeable difference to the casual viewer.
Very true. I got a lot of comments when I went from 160 to 170, 180, 190. After I got over 200 then beyond that, the comments stopped coming. I think you're just "fat" then, and when it continues and everyone you know has seen you at your highers weight, it's not so shocking.

I saw a pal the other night at a club who is a very big guy, and I found myself asking myself, "Did he gain weight?" I thought so but couldn't be sure.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #9
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

I have had male friends who I have not seen in a while pat my belly and say: "My your looking healthy" or "It looks like you have been enjoying yourself". My response usually is something to the effect that "Yes I have. I love to eat". I don't need to hear it from friends that I have gotten fat. I know what the scale says although I am always surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror from the side that I am a lot bigger than I usually think I am.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #10
biggirlluvher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFA View Post
I have had male friends who I have not seen in a while pat my belly and say: "My your looking healthy" or "It looks like you have been enjoying yourself". My response usually is something to the effect that "Yes I have. I love to eat". I don't need to hear it from friends that I have gotten fat. I know what the scale says although I am always surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror from the side that I am a lot bigger than I usually think I am.
What about comments about your weight from family members?
Old 01-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
Van
Van

Van does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot pics

A few months ago, my father said to me that you need to get rid of that gut muthafucka, after he saw a recent photo of me. I wanted to tell him that he needs to get his shit together, with his homeless ass. I have been getting comments about my weight all of my life, from family, friends, and strangers. My family has even told me one time, that I was too thin. People are always going to have coments for me, no matter what I do. People are like the weather.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #12
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
What about comments about your weight from family members?
My adult daughter will tease me from time-to-time about overeating but is usually respectful about my size but would definitely describe me as fat if asked. My Dad when I was younger would comment on my weight gain and express worry that I was getting too heavy but not in a negative way, just a caring way. Since I grew up in a family with numerous relatives and in-laws who loved to eat, my weight gain was never a issue. Most of them have also gotten fat over the years as they have aged. And I have a relationship with a female cousin who loves to eat as much as I do, and we often talk about meals we enjoyed and tell each other how much we have gained. She knows I love BBW's and that I think she is ever more attractive as she gets fatter so she really shares in my weight gain passion.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #13
LarryTheNoodleGuy

Best comment, of late, matter-of-factly:

"You've got a bigger belly than when I saw you last!"

I love knowing that I've gained weight but thinking it's a secret from others, like I can hide it with clothes, and then someone just comes out with a comment like that, esp. if it's a female. I then relax and let it all hang out, smile and say "Yup!" And then fantasize about seeing that person again in, say, a year, and what she might say then.