Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Plus-Size Clothes Shopping

I'm accompanying a bbw friend of mine as she goes clothes shopping at a local plus-size store tomorrow. Her (thinner) sister told her she needs to update her wardrobe and not look like a grandmother to get her groove back, so to speak.

I've never been to a women's plus-size clothing store before or with a woman. I'd like some thoughts, comments, observations or even advice. Things I should/shouldn't do, etc..
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

1) Be honest but supportive.

Everybody - even skinny supermodels - has things they look better or worse in. Enhances their shape, lets their eyes pop, brightens complexion, etc. etc. That hinges on color, cut, fit, style - all sorts of criteria.

If a piece of clothing has no visible positive effects - then say so. And try to verbalize why the piece doesn't do anything for her - and what might be wrong with it in order to have a guideline what to look for next. Not at random keep trying items on that all have the same flaw.

2) Focus on what she looks and feels best in.

That can by the way mean neither your favorites nor her regular (boring) go-to pieces. Be open for something new - and get her to be so too.

3) Check the sales ladies and their attitude. Are they well versed in No. 1? Then let them help. If not, tell them you're taking care of your friend and send them dagger eyes.

Good luck and have fun!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #3
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
1) Be honest but supportive.

Everybody - even skinny supermodels - has things they look better or worse in. Enhances their shape, lets their eyes pop, brightens complexion, etc. etc. That hinges on color, cut, fit, style - all sorts of criteria.

If a piece of clothing has no visible positive effects - then say so. And try to verbalize why the piece doesn't do anything for her - and what might be wrong with it in order to have a guideline what to look for next. Not at random keep trying items on that all have the same flaw.

2) Focus on what she looks and feels best in.

That can by the way mean neither your favorites nor her regular (boring) go-to pieces. Be open for something new - and get her to be so too.

3) Check the sales ladies and their attitude. Are they well versed in No. 1? Then let them help. If not, tell them you're taking care of your friend and send them dagger eyes.

Good luck and have fun!
Thanks

The ironic thing about this is that I had a crush on her when we first met 20 years ago. We were both smaller than we are now. Even though she was thinner, she had more curves than her sister.

I saw her again years later and I was delighted to see she had filled out. It almost seemed like destiny because I remembered imagining how she would look heavier since back then. It was as if i was given a second chance to be with her when I was too insecure before. On top of that, she was now more woman than I remembered! I was starting to own being an FA at that time and naturally made moves on her. She categorically rejected my advances & propositions of affection. She saw me as a brother. She never refused my requests for us to meet up to eat together though....

I'm quite possibly about to help her attract guys this fall/summer that aren't me.
Talk about 360 degrees.
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote