Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #8801
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Turning into a food snob. Can't stand premade (even most restaurant food).

Bought freshly milled flour to try making bread again - the enriched white BS we have in stores doesn't work nicely and still upsets my tummy (i have chemical hypersensitivity).
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #8802
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just remembered recently that when I first participated on the predecessor to the Dimensions boards, I gave my age as "30-ish" but was 29. I recently left my 49th year behind, so I've been hanging around here for over 20 years :-0
Old 02-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #8803
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I just remembered recently that when I first participated on the predecessor to the Dimensions boards, I gave my age as "30-ish" but was 29. I recently left my 49th year behind, so I've been hanging around here for over 20 years :-0
Give it up for Tad and his amazing longevity on the boards!

Congratulations on two decades of friendship and time wasting!

Old 02-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #8804
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Give it up for Tad and his amazing longevity on the boards!

Congratulations on two decades of friendship and time wasting!

This post has set me thinking - can an activity that means something to you, you really enjoy and keep doing (also is neither expensive nor outright unhealthy) really be a waste of time???
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:50 AM   #8805
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
This post has set me thinking - can an activity that means something to you, you really enjoy and keep doing (also is neither expensive nor outright unhealthy) really be a waste of time???
Probably not, unless you are doing it in lieu of something else you are either supposed to be doing, or want to be doing, but the small screen has captured you on Dims instead.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:52 AM   #8806
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
It can in the business world

Also, I think Tad's birthday should be celebrated as Tad Day throughout all of Dimsland
Old 02-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #8807
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't want to get of bed today. I just want to hide away from the world. Three kids had guns at schools in my area yesterday and two other schools had threats made against them.
lille is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #8808
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I don't want to get of bed today. I just want to hide away from the world. Three kids had guns at schools in my area yesterday and two other schools had threats made against them.
Sad and scary. Too many gun nuts in this country. The laws NEED to be changed.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:38 AM   #8809
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just got carded at the lcbo lololol.

The older I get the more "timeless" i am told i look, where people have no idea what my age is. I've gotten as low as 20 and as high as 45

I actually had to walk back to my car to get my ID !!
Old 02-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #8810
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
Sad and scary. Too many gun nuts in this country. The laws NEED to be changed.
Sad and scary indeed! But I'm not sure changing the laws will have much effect. Here's why:

1.) I'm too young for Prohibition, but I remember the 55 mph speed limit, which was equally ineffective. For a law to be enforceable, people have to be willing to obey it. Americans equate guns with power, freedom, and manliness; our hero is the cowboy. Tougher gun control laws will mainly encourage smuggling (especially in parts of the country that offer few other opportunities for employment).

2.)The country with the most ferocious gun control laws is Israel. As I understand it, the only way to get your hands on a gun is to join the army. But a lot of shooting goes on there nevertheless.

I wish there were a quick fix for all this slaughter, but I'm afraid the only effective way to change the way Americans act is to change the way they think.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #8811
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Turns out I'm not yet as free as I'd thought. Ex-boss will not leave me alone. He keeps asking me to reconsider my resignation and go back to working for him. He is even contacting members of my family, asking them to meet with him. I'm constantly shaking, either from rage or anxiety. I am spent. I just want him out of my life.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #8812
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Escalate it to your manager's manager as harrassment and cc HR/ a combo. This is a law suit waiting to happen so they should put an immediate stop to it. Don't try to bear this burden alone!
Old 02-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #8813
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

Unfortunately there's no manager's manager or HR department. This is a small start-up business. His wife was one of my coworkers, and she kept talking to me about how horribly he treats her, involving me in their toxic situation. I also witnessed some of it firsthand, and then of course, got to experience a dose of it for myself. But as you can imagine, she's very duplicitous in everything. One day she hates him, the next she's defending him vehemently. She's also been calling and sending me on all the guilt trips. "He's so upset that you won't consider coming back. We've been so good to you. Etc etc etc..."

Thanks for the advice though, Xy. And for your constant kindness / support. (Same goes for many of you Dimsfolk. You know who you are.) If a law suit is what it takes to get this narcissist off my back, so be it. And all the therapy will be had, I can assure you.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #8814
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Damn that makes it so much harder (and creepy on his actions$! If you need to chat let me know...!!!
Old Yesterday, 01:53 AM   #8815
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If there is any way you can make a legal complaint I would do that. Also, I don't know much about harrassment laws (especially in other countries) but if he is contacting your family and such could you contact the police about that?
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #8816
fat hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post

2.)The country with the most ferocious gun control laws is Israel. As I understand it, the only way to get your hands on a gun is to join the army. But a lot of shooting goes on there nevertheless.
Really? There is a lot of violence in Israel, due to the ongoing conflict with the Palestinians, but random school shootings and domestic murders such as the US sees are rare.

You are right, though, about Americans needing to change the way they think. At the moment too many Americans seem to be believe that the Second Amendment needs a blood sacrifice of children on a regular basis.

There are gun regulation measures that would greatly improve the situation, without substantially reducing access to guns for those who abide the laws, such as background checks, cooling off periods, and banning drive-through gun shops. Perhaps those could finally be instigated - and in starting to accept that guns can be regulated, like cars are, the change in thinking could start to come about.

Tags
confessions, i have no emotions, milk bags, random, xylophonaphobia, xynophobia