Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #8301
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I ran across an article exploding the myth that somehow big football players only get that way by abusing steroids:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health...eat_steak.html

Some of us are just meant to be big! Or at least, to be able to play "Choose a size".
Old 02-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #8302
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I finished my 3,000 supervised hours and mailed in the paperwork, now to wait for it to get processed and I will be a fully licensed Licensed Professional Counselor, no more intern status for me!
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #8303
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Now I only wonder, Lille, if time spent on here counted toward hours spent helping out people who need it ... ;-)

More seriously: Congrats!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #8304
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In a few weeks I will be 1/2 university. So over it aready haha...sigh. As an adult it is hard to take it seriously, especially as it curtails my dog, relaxation, and writing time!!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:20 PM   #8305
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default TL;DR: Today I am Mel Gibson

Congrats to our own beloved (almost-)shrinks! Don't let the slur fool you, there are few professions for which I have more respect.

----------------------------
As for my happies:

After 9 (NINE) ridiculous, embarrassing, infuriating years, we are rid of "president" Jacob Zuma!

And today is my last day of work! Bossman had an ugly side to him that I had started to suspect, but it came out suddenly and explosively. Perhaps a relapse, I don't know. But the battle and the bullying are over. I had all the evidence on my side and it won me rapid, incontestable freedom.

Tonight . . . we party!
Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #8306
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good for you!!! Are you taking some time for yourself??
Old 02-15-2018, 07:23 AM   #8307
hommecreux

hommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot pics

In school now too... 1st year software dev.... and lemme just say, this is tough. 18 credit hours this semester is fucking killing me. If you are in school as an adult, I feel your pain
hommecreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:16 AM   #8308
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Yes, adult, working full time, doing 12 hr/semester over 3 semesters a year. I think he hardest part is taking the pompous teachers seriously - they are so used to scared little kids, and i am...not, lolol
Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #8309
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm sorry things ended up that way with your boss, Odette - - but glad you have made it out!

And oy, when the wrong person ends up leader in a parliamentary system, it can be so hard to get them out. I've been following the saga in SA, and let out a mental cheer for you all when I saw the news. I hope you get someone more worthy of your trust.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:11 PM   #8310
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
As for my happies:

After 9 (NINE) ridiculous, embarrassing, infuriating years, we are rid of "president" Jacob Zuma!

And today is my last day of work! Bossman had an ugly side to him that I had started to suspect, but it came out suddenly and explosively. Perhaps a relapse, I don't know. But the battle and the bullying are over. I had all the evidence on my side and it won me rapid, incontestable freedom.
Take a deep breath Odette - and then take your time to clear your mind before you start your next endeavour. Bonne chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post

And oy, when the wrong person ends up leader in a parliamentary system, it can be so hard to get them out. I've been following the saga in SA, and let out a mental cheer for you all when I saw the news. I hope you get someone more worthy of your trust.
Also - totally with you regarding Zuma - that was overdue.

Add on to Tad's point though - were you referring to non-existing term limits in almost all parliamentary systems? Or to something else??
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #8311
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

About this time in three weeks, I will be in the arms of a beautiful ex Dimmer. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have her in my life.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 AM   #8312
hommecreux

hommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot picshommecreux does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Yes, adult, working full time, doing 12 hr/semester over 3 semesters a year. I think he hardest part is taking the pompous teachers seriously - they are so used to scared little kids, and i am...not, lolol
Yikes.... I don't know about 3 semesters/year. I have to have time off to get my head right.

Professors...lol... Yea, I call them by their first name and talk to them like an adult which gets the idea that they are going to lorde over me right out of their head. I give respect before it's given when it comes to instructors, but I won't be treated like a child by someone that's around my age, and in rare cases younger...
Old 02-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #8313
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

So this!!!
Old 02-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #8314
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I actually found that most of my lecturers at uni treated the students with politeness and respect, even though I was a terrified 18 year old when I first met most of them. I guess it depends on the person? Some of them were absolute asshats but I didn't feel patronised by any of them. It sounds like I was lucky.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:01 AM   #8315
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Well i think it's partially because i am a professional in my own career who has trained others (and teaches on the side), so I find some have an overblown sense of superiority that as a child i might have thought justified, which i know find insufferable. And their poorly worded or explained questions do not create confusion in me, they spark anger at their unprofessionaism.

That being said, in Canada, there is not much tenure anymore. Most of these teachers work part time and get paid poorly - so why would they try and be exceptional? Or even have the opportunity to become exceptional, when this is only a part time gig for them...

I've had a few truly exceptional teachers, and so I have a lot of disappointment with those who fail to measure up =p
Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #8316
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

To add an example:

Teacher said i was not using APA properly.
I asked what example?
She told me to "go figure it out, it was my job as a student."
I politely emailed, showing her i was using rhe university aupplied APA link, and showed which sections i used. I asked her if she could direct me to another site, it the university APA was wrong, or clarify which section I should have used.

She refused to reply. Why? Because she was wrong, and couldn't justify her reaponse, and certainly could not allow a student to be prove her wrong. I didn't escalate to the dean only because my marl was good enough/starting a new job was taking all my energy... otherwise she would have gotten a Canadian smackdown for unprofessionalism from me.

That sort of BS doesn't fly with me =p
Old 02-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #8317
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
To add an example:

Teacher said i was not using APA properly.
I asked what example?
She told me to "go figure it out, it was my job as a student."
I politely emailed, showing her i was using rhe university aupplied APA link, and showed which sections i used. I asked her if she could direct me to another site, it the university APA was wrong, or clarify which section I should have used.

She refused to reply. Why? Because she was wrong, and couldn't justify her reaponse, and certainly could not allow a student to be prove her wrong. I didn't escalate to the dean only because my marl was good enough/starting a new job was taking all my energy... otherwise she would have gotten a Canadian smackdown for unprofessionalism from me.

That sort of BS doesn't fly with me =p
As it shouldn't. If you tell someone she's made a mistake, you need to show why it's wrong and what she should have done. The job of the teacher is to get the pupil to the point where she no longer needs the teacher.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #8318
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I actually found that most of my lecturers at uni treated the students with politeness and respect, even though I was a terrified 18 year old when I first met most of them. I guess it depends on the person? Some of them were absolute asshats but I didn't feel patronised by any of them. It sounds like I was lucky.

Yeah, I only has one really unpleasant professor. He normally taught at a graduate level but was teaching an undergrad into to physiology course due to a schedule conflict with the usual professor. I think 2/3 of us failed the first exam. It was bad. So bad that our lab teacher were giving all sorts of stuff for extra credit to help us bring our grades up because they knew it wasn't our fault.

Other than that I had a lot of good professors. I actually kept in contact with my one of my writing professors for about after graduation because he was so impactful.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #8319
hommecreux

Just to be clear, I've only had bad experiences with two profs so far.... I'm not one for taking that kind of approach in every situation. Almost everything that I've experienced in college has been positive so far, other than not really wanting to deal with teenagers all the time, or old folks that are in more advanced software dev classes and don't even know how to inspect html on a browser.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #8320
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Add on to Tad's point though - were you referring to non-existing term limits in almost all parliamentary systems? Or to something else??
Because the Prime Minister is the leader of the largest party (pretty much always in the case of the british system, near-always in more coalition based ones), if the party is strong enough and the leader has enough support from enough sections of the party, a leader who is widely unpopular can keep leading a country for a long time, whereas in a presidential system they have to get directly re-elected (and are more apt to face term limits)

Tags
anal warts, happy, opera bhm