Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-03-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Wink Thank you to Seth and Annemarie...

i think it worked making it a bit more easier to read but i dont know how to respond to each of you to say thanks. I am going to have to learn this...geeze i didnt know i was this dumb!! Thanks you two for the great help!
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline
i think it worked making it a bit more easier to read but i dont know how to respond to each of you to say thanks. I am going to have to learn this...geeze i didnt know i was this dumb!! Thanks you two for the great help!

Ahhh, that replying stuff is EASY shmeezee.

All you have to do is go back to the original thread, then you click on the "quote" button in the lower right part of our post back to you. It will automatically copy our post into your reply box, and you can type your response either above or below it... and you will see that your response appears just like yours looks above mine! Voila!

*general good practice is that you don't quote when replying to the person who started the thread, it's sort of understood you are answering them... but if you answer someone who has replied "within" the original thread, then you quote them so people know who you're speaking to. I did it here just so you could see what it looks like when you do it the way I described.**

Best of luck!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #3
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

see, i'm not used to the whole "threaded" thing. one of the reasons i mainly just lurked at the old boards.

so, i'm not used to quoting people, unless i'm replying to something they said directly.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

[QUOTE=AnnMarie]Ahhh, that replying stuff is EASY shmeezee.

All you have to do is go back to the original thread, then you click on the "quote" button in the lower right part of our post back to you. It will automatically copy our post into your reply box, and you can type your response either above or below it... and you will see that your response appears just like yours looks above mine! Voila!

Here goes. Let's see if I'm finally back or if I screwed this up! LOL I've felt like I was on the outside, looking in...able to watch, but not play! That's no fun! LOL

Thanks AnnMarie and Heather for understandable instructions. I've been reading and taking notes. LOL

Ok, So I don't know how to start a thread yet, so would someone please tell Egbert I said, " Happy ...... Day!"
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
Ahhh, that replying stuff is EASY shmeezee.

Here goes. Let's see if I'm finally back or if I screwed this up! LOL I've felt like I was on the outside, looking in...able to watch, but not play! That's no fun! LOL

Thanks AnnMarie and Heather for understandable instructions. I've been reading and taking notes. LOL

Ok, So I don't know how to start a thread yet, so would someone please tell Egbert I said, " Happy ...... Day!"
you have to make sure that there is a
entry after the quote. You have to bookend it.

for example, when you quoted AnnMarie, something happened to the [/QUOTE] that should be on the end. and without that, the first part of the code, just becomes text and nothing more. it needs to work as a whole.

for example:

say AnnMarie said something. And i wanted to reply to it, but 17 people have said something since. so that everyone knows my response is directed at AnnMarie, i would want to quote her. so i click the "Quote" button.

That brings me to a Message Box that you used to make posts. Only, instead of being blank, since you clicked "quote," there is now something that looks like this...

[QUOTE = AnnMarie] blahblahblah [/ QUOTE]

so you type below that to respond. you have to make sure there is both a [ QUOTE ] and a [/ QUOTE] putting those on either side of any text, gives you...

Quote:
this "quote" box. and you can put anything in here that you want.
to quote an actual person (be it someone from the forums, a newsource, or a movie or something) all you have to do is switch the beginning [ QUOTE ] for something like: [ QUOTE = source ]

for example:

Say, I wanted to quote Tyler Durden from Fight Club. You could either do it the old fashioned way with "First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club."

But since you're not here for that, I'm going to teach you a way that you could quote all sorts of forum members without clicking the "Quote" button.

Well, to quote Tyler, I simply type [ QUOTE = Tyler Durden ] First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. [/ QUOTE ]

and in doing that, i get this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
see? its really simple once you get the hang of it. just know, that you need both a [ QUOTE ] and a [/ QUOTE] to complete the circle. And there are no spaces. I put spaces in these examples between the brackets and the word QUOTE, but it's all one thing. [QUOTE] <---- like that.

I hope ive helped some people out.
coyote wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote wild
That brings me to a Message Box that you used to make posts. Only, instead of being blank, since you clicked "quote," there is now something that looks like this...

[QUOTE = AnnMarie] blahblahblah [/ QUOTE]
my apologies, AnnMarie. I didn't mean to insinuate that you blabber on or anything. I actually think you're quite the intelligent, well though-out person. I just needed a quick example, and "blahblahblah" was easier than actually thinking of something for you to say. especially knowing how dangerous it is to make it seem like someone said something if they didnt actually say it.

so in short: my bad.
coyote wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Cool test

Quote:

This still confusing....maybe i need to take a class on this type of forum....lol
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #8
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
This still confusing....maybe i need to take a class on this type of forum....lol

Hey, you did it!!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote wild
my apologies, AnnMarie. I didn't mean to insinuate that you blabber on or anything.
awwww, you ruined all my fun of posting a huffy response about how you think *all I do is* blahblahblah!!

LOL

I do blahblahblah a lot, so I wouldn't be offended anyway.

Last edited by AnnMarie; 10-04-2005 at 09:21 PM. Reason: apparently I'm a moron and can't type a concise thought
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #10
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up

Now you're cooking with pixels!
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote