Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-04-2005, 05:38 AM   #1
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default New Barbers-ism

For them what might be entertained by it, the start of a new six-part WG serial has been posted in the "Fat Magic" section of this site. It's a slow-burning quasi-magical weight gain story, and - for icing on the cake - I've once more managed to cajole BeakerFA into contributing some spiffy graphics for the story (including two wonderful story banners). Check it out!

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/di...ars_intro.html
Wilson Barbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #2
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Barbers
For them what might be entertained by it, the start of a new six-part WG serial has been posted in the "Fat Magic" section of this site. It's a slow-burning quasi-magical weight gain story, and - for icing on the cake - I've once more managed to cajole BeakerFA into contributing some spiffy graphics for the story (including two wonderful story banners). Check it out!
Yeah!!! That is terrific!
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 AM   #3
BTB
a nut, but not just a nut

BTB can now change their title
Default re

great I can't wait to read it, I started recently reading your body of works ( a body I always like growing) and nearly got half mad searchingthe internet for the mentioned spy story in "dreams" by billingsley .
And Beaker, he will surely amaze this time again.
BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

BTB -

Sherman Billingsley was first introduced as the hero in another "Fat Magic" story: "Avoirdupois Illustrated." As long as you only got half mad looking for examples of this fictional writer's work, I don't feel too guilty about sending you on a wild goose chase . . .
Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default "Polly&herPals"StyleLogos

Gorgeous presentation, lads.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
hawkeye

hawkeye can now change their title

can you make this into a comic???? like the paige story that would be amazing
Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #7
kennyg-uk

kennyg-uk has said some nice things

loving your work as always Barbers, can't wait for the next part.
kennyg-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
BeakerFA

BeakerFA has said some nice things
Default McCay, Sterrett, and Frank King..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag
Interestingly enough, both McCay and Cliff Sterrett worked together at the New York Herald back before Sterrett developed a sense of style. And speaking of McCay, his wife Maude was nicely curvey. I believe she was the inspiration for a remarkable Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend strip in which a woman accidentally takes an overdose of weight-gain medication (which there was presumably a market for in 1909). I used to have a copy of that one.. I'll have to look for it.
BeakerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
Cannibal
On Timeout

Cannibal has said some nice things

I've always liked the way you write; you manage to create a fully-fleshed-out world (if you'll kindly pardon the pun) and your evocative descriptions always make your stories realistic, even though there might be a little magic involved.
Brilliantly done as always. I can't wait for the finish!
Cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:15 AM   #10
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have always regarded your stories very highly, for their quality and for their sheer brilliance. Nice show.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 AM   #11
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag
The look is all Beakerís. Iím particularly fond of the two small images on the left of each banner: took me a couple of times before I realized that one of Ďem was a progression of silhouettes, while the second makes more sense once youíve read more of the story. Also like the large retro restaurant sign he gives Aaron's Eatery in Chapter One graphic. The two upcoming pics are plenty sweet, too.