Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Literary Gems for People Like Us

I thought I would start a thread where we can post links to articles that are food related that have struck a chord with us.

This article moved me.

On Food And Sensuality by Jennifer Iannolo
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Southern Cookin'

I'm currently reading Southern Food by John Egerton. Rather than a cookbook, its 1/3 history, 1/3 Dining Guide and 1/3 home cooked.

I like the history, which it traces back to Jamestown. The Dining Guide is great, and it's got the basic recipes for southern classics, like Fried Chicken along with the history of the recipe.

Southern food : at home, on the road, in history / by John Egerton
New York : Knopf : Distributed by Random House, c1987

ISBN 0394544943

Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote