Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 06-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #51
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
I did put her in her place as I was rather offended to say the least given how fat and active I am.
You go, girl! I love that you did that film, I love that you wound up in Cannes, I love that you put that reviewer in her place (she even managed to ultimately praise your performance; too bad she thought it'd be more interesting to the public to berate your size rather than laud your luminous acting skills), I love the photos Cat posted ('specially the one from your poster), and I especially love that photo of you the EggMan posted, which is also on the home page of your Yahoo group.

That dress is the bomb, but I doubt it'd look half as good without you in it. Your public representation of fat women makes me feel proud, indeed. Keep up the good work!~Bountifully, Foosh

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #52
Velvet

Velvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized rep

Thanks so much!!!
I totally was thinking the same thing! Like why on earth if you think I did a good job wouldnt you write that??? Right?
Its just frustrating to receive that in a private mail versus on the review, know what I mean? Anyway, cest la vie, live n learn. Thanks again Feast!
XO
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEast
You go, girl! I love that you did that film, I love that you wound up in Cannes, I love that you put that reviewer in her place (she even managed to ultimately praise your performance; too bad she thought it'd be more interesting to the public to berate your size rather than laud your luminous acting skills), I love the photos Cat posted ('specially the one from your poster), and I especially love that photo of you the EggMan posted, which is also on the home page of your Yahoo group.

That dress is the bomb, but I doubt it'd look half as good without you in it. Your public representation of fat women makes me feel proud, indeed. Keep up the good work!~Bountifully, Foosh
Old 06-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #53
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Aw arent you a sweetie! Thanks Tres! You are my official PR guy. The pic isnt a still from the film but a pic from my modeling card that the agent sent to a website that needed an image. Its my fav so I am glad you like it too although the quality is rather sketchy to say th least. Oh well, cest la vie!
La V
My sincere pleasure. I can't wait to see the film!
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #54
largehipslover

largehipslover has said some nice things

I just saw the photos that Cat posted and... oh my god... I must see this movie!! It sounds like a good movie anyway, beside the added pleasure of seeing Velvet
I can't believe this actually happened. I remember dreaming this would happen one day, I think I even posted some messages on Velvet yahoo group about that... anyway Velvet, you're awesome! I mean, you even made it to the marquee!
It looks like you're REALLY accomplishing your mission of "tweaking beauty iconography with your generous proportions"
simply outstanding.
largehipslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #55
largehipslover

BTW:
I was looking at the page at the NYT and they got it "slightly" (LOL) incorrect:

Quote:
cast for 'Avida'

Gustave Kervern - Deaf Mute
Benoit Delepine - Scotch Tape Man
Eric Martin - Zoo-keeper
The Velvet Underground - Avida
http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movie...ml?v_id=350403

I guess they mixed up Velvet with the famous avantgarde/rock band
Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #56
largehipslover

This is the trailer... seems like a really interesting movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyD7upMTATg

I found another clip on some blog... I am not sure if it's legal to give the link here so I won't... anyway it's a scene from the movie without Velvet
Old 12-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #57
Velvet

Velvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized rep

Thank you so much! You are too kind!
Big kiss to you,
Velvet