Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphilosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Any vegan fatties here?

Hey dudes, I was just wondering whether anyone here has managed to gain weight on a vegan diet? I would like to get big, possibly huge, and I'm trying to find a diet that I feel good on, and a lot of dairy and meat tends to give me the kind of belly ache that makes me quit a gaining programme. While I was staying with some vegan friends recently I found myself able to eat much more without ill effects, which was really nice. Any experience?
philosobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
Mercedes

Mercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

You mean vegan in the way that it excludes also egg, cheese and all animal derived products?
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

philosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesphilosobear can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

aye...that kind....
Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
Markt

Markt can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMarkt can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMarkt can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

For vegan gaining:

- french fries and chips
- finish meals with sorbet, jelly-beans, juice/soda, anything with a lot of sugar
- vegan hot dogs and tofu-based fake meats: tons of fat
- bagels and breads with tofu cream cheese: tons of carbs plus fat

and finally, eat a lot before you sleep.
Markt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
Mercedes

Mercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well, apart from basic pasta and potatoes... olive oil is very healthy, beschamel/white sauce exists in the totally vegetable derivative kind.

You could make sauce by frying onions and garlic in olive oil, adding bell peppers, paprika, lots of beschamel and it's yummy and creamy.

Vegetables are also very tasty in the beschamel sauce or in a veggie-derivative mayonnaise as well.

Also search for soy derivatives for milk replacement. Provamel soy milk in chocolate flavour is very thick and creamy and yummy... ideal for a gainer program! Same goes for ice cream.

Check this site out: http://www.veganfamily.co.uk/chocolate.html
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:24 AM   #6
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

My boyfriend is getting fat on a primarily vegan diet (except he drinks tons of milk, but it's never made him gain weight before). I feed him lots of pasta and chips.
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OH yes, its possible. I'm not a vegan anymore, but I was for awhile. Lost weight at first, then slowly kept gaining. I still eat mostly vegan, though I've introduced dairy and some eggs.
My best friend is a total vegan and has been for years and she recently gained probably 50-70 pounds.

Someone mentioned olive oil and I agree. There are so many good tasty oils with their own flavors. Flax seed oil should be used cold on salads for health reasons.

There's very few desserts that can't be made vegan if you learn how to cook. The world is your "oyster" with some egg replacer (google for different options), soy milk, vegan sour cream, etc.

Anyways, specific tips are hard cause its all about your metabolism. Just make sure you're getting B-12 (buy a supplement), add in flax seed oil, green vegetables, and proteins (lots o beans, my friend). The rest on how you want to do it to gain should make sense to you.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:24 PM   #8
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

cheers Activist, that's cool...I particularly like hearing that other people have done it, Whether deliberate or not. I love cooking, and don't mind taking a bit of notice of ingredients and contents for thing. I just realised that in eating more, I should really try to eat more healthily than otherwise, as I'm getting more of whatever might be toxic or difficult in any given food. Also, I've heard that you save more carbon emissions by going vegan than you do by driving a fancy hybrid car, which is a good thought (I don't have a car anyway, but it's a powerful image). Many thanks!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My system cannot tolerate potatoes or apples, in fact my dad was hospitalized for a few days after eating a red apple. He cannot eat red apples at all, only yellow and green. Strange huh? Also I have to be careful of green veggies because I have a clotting disorder and vitamin K is a big spoiler for it so I don't get nearly the veggies I should. I had asparagus last night and I have to avoid greens for a few days now. It's a drag.

I agree with what everyone said about olive oil though. I've been buying all things organic lately and aside from having to scrub everything down with soap and water it seems to be working out well for me.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

man, that's annoying! It's true that there are things that will get to each of us. At some point you have to get to know your own system or live with the consequences. Still sounds like you know where you're at...
Old 12-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosobear View Post
man, that's annoying! It's true that there are things that will get to each of us. At some point you have to get to know your own system or live with the consequences. Still sounds like you know where you're at...
Yes! It is *SO* frustrating! I'm by no means an expert on nutrition and making sure I'm still getting all the things I need despite my need to avoid certain staples has been scary at times. I get sick very easily. I've done well but I'm still a work in progress.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 12-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #12
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

I like the idea of viewing oneself as a work in progress...something realistic, but hopeful about it...
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #13
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

For the past few days I've been so very achy. My joints, my knees, etc. I was lumbering about and OTC pain meds weren't helping at all. I got a scratchy throat and started drinking SunnyD out of a vending machine where I was because it made my throat feel good. The next day the pain was completely gone. Something in it must have been what I needed because it was the only thing new I introduced into my diet. I Forrest Gumped my way into that discovery.

@~;~~
Old 12-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #14
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

which goes to show that what is healthy is what's needed at the time, rather than broad strokes catergories or black and white definitions...
Old 12-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #15
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
My system cannot tolerate potatoes or apples, in fact my dad was hospitalized for a few days after eating a red apple. He cannot eat red apples at all, only yellow and green. Strange huh? Also I have to be careful of green veggies because I have a clotting disorder and vitamin K is a big spoiler for it so I don't get nearly the veggies I should. I had asparagus last night and I have to avoid greens for a few days now. It's a drag.

I agree with what everyone said about olive oil though. I've been buying all things organic lately and aside from having to scrub everything down with soap and water it seems to be working out well for me.
I might know why that is. Apparently, red delicious apples are the type that get the most wax put on them for aesthetic purposes out of all apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #16
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
I might know why that is. Apparently, red delicious apples are the type that get the most wax put on them for aesthetic purposes out of all apples.
The doctors told him that sensitivity to red apples is actually quite common and that his were the classic symptoms. They told him to try a golden delicious to see for himself and sure enough, no reaction at all. That's not to say that it couldn't have been the waxy build up. We're not inclined to do any testing of the theory though. My dad has just undergone a kidney replacement so if I even suggest it he'll think I'm out to collect on his insurance.

@~;~~
Old 12-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #17
choppin12

choppin12 has said some nice things

Im not a vegan. But i am a vegetarian and have been one for almost 8 years now. And I've managed to get to 326 lbs on this 'diet'. So, I definately believe that a vegan can gain lots of weight.

I basically eat a lottt of Pasta, Bread, french fries, fried tofu, and junk foood! Plan on getting up to 500 this way.. I hope.
choppin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #18
philosobear
Thriving circuitously

good stuff, 'tis as I thought. All the best with it!