Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-21-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default So what's better than Altoids?

Dark chocolate dipped Altoids.

Oh my. So good. So very very very good.

Anybody tried them yet?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

o.m.g.
OMG
O.M.G.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I read the article about their initial release in September. They had a limited supply with proceeds going to charity.

Now the fun begins.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

my sheetz has loads of these, perhaps i should try them.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
o.m.g.
OMG
O.M.G.
Yep. That was my response exactly. I haven't tried the cinnamon (yet!) but the mint ones were delightful little nuggets of wonderfulness.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I haven't tried them, but bought a tin of the ginger ones for a friend of Dear Husband's who loves ginger candy. I may go back for a tin of peppermint ones for myself.

Tracy
Old 12-21-2006, 10:57 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
I haven't tried them, but bought a tin of the ginger ones for a friend of Dear Husband's who loves ginger candy. I may go back for a tin of peppermint ones for myself.

Tracy
And did they like them (the ginger ones)? I found them inedible. I kept them on my desk and watched person after person try them and spit them out.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
And did they like them (the ginger ones)? I found them inedible. I kept them on my desk and watched person after person try them and spit them out.
I heart the ginger ones. I'm also a fan of Stewart's Spicy Ginger Beer.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #9
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I heart the ginger ones. I'm also a fan of Stewart's Spicy Ginger Beer.
I'm impressed!

(but then, I already was)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 12-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Miss Vickie, I'm sorry, but putting wonderful dark chocolate on those mints of death is... murder. I demand this thread be moved to Hyde Park!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Haven't given them to him yet, will probably send them home with his roommate over the weekend. Will know if he liked them come next week.

Tracy
Old 12-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #12
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I never knew they existed but I'm certainly curious to try them.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #13
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm curious (for those who've tried them)--is the choc/mint ratio okay? Are they as minty as reglar Altoids? Cause I find that even Junior Mints get too minty eventually--in contrast w/ the chocolate. Can't even imagine normal medicinal Altoids-level mint fighting w/ a lil layer of chocolate...
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #14
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Impeachmints

I haven't tried them yet. I'm enjoying Impeachmints and National Embarrassmints.

Impeachmints are Peach flavored. National Embarrassmints are peppermint flavored.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #15
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo Mejor View Post
I haven't tried them yet. I'm enjoying Impeachmints and National Embarrassmints.

Impeachmints are Peach flavored. National Embarrassmints are peppermint flavored.
Can you taste freedom?

*grin*

p.s. Only you can turn a foodee thread into a hyde park thread! I blame whoever gave you those mints
Old 12-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #16
Tracyarts

Okay, the friend we got them for is not around for the holidays, so last night curiosity got the better of us and DH and I opened the ginger ones and tried them.

Meh.

I wouldn't say bad, but I am one of those people who just doesn't like chocolate and ginger together very much. I had a jar of chocolate covered candied ginger bits and I didn't like them either.

DH and I both thought the chocolate was kinda waxy. We also thought that the peppermint might be better. I will still go get a tin of them the next time I am at the drugstore.

But, I will say, if you chew them up at once, the chocolate definately cuts the "heat" of the ginger.

Tracy
Old 12-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #17
Miss Vickie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
I'm curious (for those who've tried them)--is the choc/mint ratio okay? Are they as minty as reglar Altoids? Cause I find that even Junior Mints get too minty eventually--in contrast w/ the chocolate. Can't even imagine normal medicinal Altoids-level mint fighting w/ a lil layer of chocolate...
The chocolate way way way cuts down the mintyness, so they're not really "curiously strong" but only slightly strong. I think they're awesome, but unfortunately can't find anymore. I'll be looking online next.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #18
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I bought them (the peppermint ones - the other flavors didn't seem to go with chocolate).

But I am too afraid to try them!!

But I will...
Old 12-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, if you don't try them, SVS, I will. And I just might down the whole tin.

Ok, if you don't like them I'll just suck off all the chocolate for you, and give you the inside.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
The chocolate way way way cuts down the mintyness, so they're not really "curiously strong" but only slightly strong. I think they're awesome, but unfortunately can't find anymore. I'll be looking online next.
Innnnnteresting! I'll keep my eyes out too
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #21
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
Well, if you don't try them, SVS, I will. And I just might down the whole tin.

Ok, if you don't like them I'll just suck off all the chocolate for you, and give you the inside.
Jay, that is very considerate of you. However, surprise surprise, the chocolate isn't the part I am apprehensive about. Altoids are too strong for my delicate widdle mouf.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Wal-Mart has them! I grabbed a box and showed the Mrs, and she rolled her eyes and said something about weirdos.

I like the regular Altoids too, as well as Ginger, Licorice, Cinnamon, and Spearmint.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #23
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

While I usually enjoy the combo of chocolate and mint I'm not so sure about these.I can't imagine that the chalky textured altoid would go well with a dark chocolate coating.Are these softer then the traditional altoid?

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #24
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For once my dinky little town gets one of the "new" items. I was in Walgreens today ready to check out and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Yup, dark chocolate covered altoids. They aren't too bad. The chocolate is good, but I do wish the chocolate was thicker or the mint smaller...or both!. The mint is not chewy, tho I wish it were. I do think the chocolate cuts the 'bite' of the mint a bit. I'd recommend trying them if you are an altoids fan
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #25
twinklebelle

twinklebelle has said some nice things

ooooooohh tried 'em, luvs 'em. Kinda like a crunchy Junior Mint on steroids. Good stuff.
twinklebelle is offline   Reply With Quote