Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Iron Foodee Winner!!

Jamie has won December's Iron Foodee challenge with the luscious selection of Haitian French Toast.

Not only does she receive the $10 Amazon gift certificate, but she also gets to pick this month's Iron Foodee mystery ingredient.

Give her a round of applause and a round of french toast!!

Thanks to everyone who participated. There were a lot of yummy looking entries.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Congrats to Jamie!! Yayyyyyy!!!

I'd like a slice of EP's ham served with my french toast please
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Nice job Jamie!
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah Jamie! Congratulations, I think that means you make breakfast for everyone?
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks very very much everyone..it was fun. I have to admit I have been craving that ham pretty much everyday since I saw the pic though.

I have *no* idea what to choose for January's theme. I am awful at that sort of thing. Does anyone have any preferences, thoughts, ideas...suggestions? Anything we should definitely avoid?

I loved scouring the net for recipes and branching out into something I haven't tried before...hope you all want to continue.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Thanks very very much everyone..it was fun. I have to admit I have been craving that ham pretty much everyday since I saw the pic though.

I have *no* idea what to choose for January's theme. I am awful at that sort of thing. Does anyone have any preferences, thoughts, ideas...suggestions? Anything we should definitely avoid?

I loved scouring the net for recipes and branching out into something I haven't tried before...hope you all want to continue.
What about cream cheese?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 01-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
What about cream cheese?
That could be quite interesting!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #8
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I think so....like orange, it can be savory or sweet, and could work for appetizers, main dishes or dessert.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well I love that idea.. let's go with it Randi. Do you want to make a sticky at the top or do I need to do something. I had some incredible roll ups last night at a NYE thing we went to.

Spinach, bacon and cream cheese with a little ranch dressing on a sun-dried tomato tortilla. Damn.

Woohoo..I can't wait to see what people come up with.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Congrats Jamie!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #11
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Well I love that idea.. let's go with it Randi. Do you want to make a sticky at the top or do I need to do something. I had some incredible roll ups last night at a NYE thing we went to.

Spinach, bacon and cream cheese with a little ranch dressing on a sun-dried tomato tortilla. Damn.

Woohoo..I can't wait to see what people come up with.

You can post the challenge (Unless Cat wants to!)

You didn't know winning would come with so many responsibilities, did you?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Cool, I've never used cream cheese!

Can we do something like creme fresche, too?
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
Cool, I've never used cream cheese!

Can we do something like creme fresche, too?
*faint*

You've never used cream cheese?

I think creme fraiche is more like a not-as-sour sour cream. Cream cheese is cream cheese. Expand your horizons! Break out the brick!

Actually, it will be up to Jamie if she'll accept substitutions.

I still can't get over that you've never used cream cheese. Do you mean you've never cooked with it, or never eaten it? I'm being rude, aren't I? But I can't hide my amazement!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #14
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
*faint*

You've never used cream cheese?

I think creme fraiche is more like a not-as-sour sour cream. Cream cheese is cream cheese. Expand your horizons! Break out the brick!

Actually, it will be up to Jamie if she'll accept substitutions.

I still can't get over that you've never used cream cheese. Do you mean you've never cooked with it, or never eaten it? I'm being rude, aren't I? But I can't hide my amazement!
First Jamie, congrats!!

Second SVS...we are so similiar! *laughing*
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #15
MassiveMike

MassiveMike can now change their title

Congrats Jamie, that was an awesome recipe!
MassiveMike is offline   Reply With Quote