Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Steve

Steve has super-sized repSteve has super-sized repSteve has super-sized repSteve has super-sized rep
Default Does Anyone Have a Recipe For Babyhead Soup?

Something simple. I'm not a gourmet.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Baby heada what? Head of cabbage?
Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

STEVE!!!!!

LOL, the people here don't know you're part of the circle and not a crazy baby-head eating troll!!

He's fine folks, we had a very odd, and completely innocent joke going at lunch the other day (me, BBWTexan, BigCutieSable, Eclectic_Girl, Steve and Marina from BigMoves).

LOL.... put down the pitchforks everyone.

(Although he is suspect because his computer took THIS picture of me!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 32.jpg (59.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 01-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #4
BM the Lipophile

BM the Lipophile has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
STEVE!!!!!

LOL, the people here don't know you're part of the circle and not a crazy baby-head eating troll!!
And here I was, thinking he was putting a modest proposal into practice.
BM the Lipophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Start with a simple tomato base.

Stir in heads.

Bleach some stuffed olives until they are white, replacing the pimentos with black olives, and add them into the mix.

That way there's no fighting over who gets the eyes.

Also, add some seriously over-cooked pasta (lasagna sheets or bowties)...the typical baby head doesn't contain much brain, and it may need to be 'stretched out' a bit.

The question is do you eat it with a fork or a spoon?

Oh, and...ewwwwww!

Last edited by FreeThinker; 01-03-2007 at 09:39 PM.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, I like to check the soft spot first - in order to make sure it hasn't hardened up yet. The softer it is, the easier it is to carve it out.

It makes a fantastic bread bowl.
BBWTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm really not sure this topic crosses over very well to the written word.

lol
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

lol
True... so I'll just say that they stay crunchy in milk.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

lol
it does to me, i'm laughing!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

See Soupster? This is why you have to come to one of these things... so you can join in on gripping and compelling conversations such as the one discussed here.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #11
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWTexan View Post
True... so I'll just say that they stay crunchy in milk.
Okay, now you're just talking crazy... they're for SOUP!!! Soup. Not milk.... they can't possibly get the right seasoning and texture in milk.

Philistines.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nope, your average baby head needs to have a significant amount of simmering time for maximum tenderness.

Now, if you're using milk as the soup base, you don't want the baby head too crunchy, just al dente. The delicacy of the milk matches nicely with the leeks, too.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #13
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know I wasn't there, but I'm curious if you fine folks discussed the perfect wine to accompany babyhead linguine, tossed with crushed red pepper and shrimp? Yes? Anyone?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
Nope, your average baby head needs to have a significant amount of simmering time for maximum tenderness.

Now, if you're using milk as the soup base, you don't want the baby head too crunchy, just al dente. The delicacy of the milk matches nicely with the leeks, too.
As the father of four (well, four that are left) I can say with some humble degree of authority that braising the babyheads before adding them to the soup will leave the heads intact. Not as appetizing if they manage to disintegrate during the soup making process. And in spring it is always a welcome addition to combine babyheads and fiddleheads, which of course need to be sauteed in butter first.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #15
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas50 View Post
As the father of four (well, four that are left) I can say with some humble degree of authority that braising the babyheads before adding them to the soup will leave the heads intact. Not as appetizing if they manage to disintegrate during the soup making process. And in spring it is always a welcome addition to combine babyheads and fiddleheads, which of course need to be sauteed in butter first.
Excellent tip on the braising. I imagine it would make the ears crisp up nicely as well.

And replacing the leeks with fiddleheads is kind of a gourmet, local produce, slow-food movement kind of thing. Only really possible for a few weeks every year, but I like it!
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #16
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
I know I wasn't there, but I'm curious if you fine folks discussed the perfect wine to accompany babyhead linguine, tossed with crushed red pepper and shrimp? Yes? Anyone?
Soup!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #17
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So I see what's going on here. So a few of you get together and talk about babyhead soup and all of a sudden you're the Authority on babyheads?!?!?! Well...whatever! I'll take my babyhead linguine to people who care!!!

PS My editor keeps underlining "babyhead" as a misspelled word. Too funny
Old 01-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #18
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Soup!!!

you rang?

seriously though, this thread is killin me with fits of giggles. yay.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #19
adrianTX
Charles Bingley Approved

adrianTX can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadrianTX can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I just literally cried for about two mintues reading this thread. Inventiveness = ratings

They're coming for you, and they have Consomme!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #20
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianTX View Post
I just literally cried for about two mintues reading this thread. Inventiveness = ratings

They're coming for you, and they have Consomme!

Ooooooh! Just what the Original recipe calls for: "Be sure to pick a head with plenty of good, well-marbled cheek"! Well done, Adrian! You're on your way to thick 'n rich Babyhead soup tonight!

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

This thread is making me chuckle a bit...it's a good thing, I sure needed it.