Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I love hot ans spicy foods - what are your favs?

I used to hate spicy foods. But over the last 10 years I cannot get enough of anything spicy. My favorites:

I especially love the Jalpeno sauce.

I also LOVE:

However - if you have not had fresh horseradish you have not lived. Go to your local supermarket and get a root and grate it fresh. It will blow your head off but it is so awesome!

And since moving to Texas I am addicted to these:

These are Bread and Butter Jalapenos. YUMM-O!
Sweet and hot jalapeno rings (with seeds)! It's an amazing taste treat!

How about you?
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tabasco. Any flavor and lots of it. In a pinch , Louisiana hot sauce will suffice.

Jalapenoes, whether they are pickled or battered and fried.

Salsa fresco.

General Tao's chicken.

The hot mustard from McDonald's; great on fries.

Any sort of blackened meat or seafood.

Chili.
ScreamingChicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 AM   #3
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tabasco is lightly seasoned vinegar. Are you sure it qualifies as hot sauce?

Try adding "Dave's Insanity Sauce" to pasta sauce. About three drops per jar will do ya right. Blend in some white pepper, Thai red curry paste, cumin, and garlic and you'll feel it for days.

www.FireGirl.com is a good source fo hot sauce. Look at the 10+ heat rated stuff. I got a jar of "Satan's Blood" from them. I'm scared to even open it!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
PhillyFA
Cunning Linguist/Drum Bum

PhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

God, there are so many. Hot sauces, I like Dave's Insanity Habernero, but also like Frank's Red Hot, Razoo's hot sauce, Batch 37, Smack my ass & call me Sally, and Viper. Also, I have pure capsasian. It comes in a medicine bottle with a dropper, ONE drop is all you need, believe me. I love 'flo wings, pepper poppers, really, anything Mexican. Real Mexican, not Taco Bell slop. I love crabs cooked in Old Bay seasoning. My chili will have you sweating. But, I would say, my absolute FAVORITE hot thing to eat, is fried Italin long peppers, fried in olive oil, with garlic. I eat those on a nice Italian roll. They're delicious.

Stay Bruised, Darlings.
PhillyFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Easy:

Spicy fried chicken

Hot wings

Tiger Sauce

Pad Thai
Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wasabi and chinese hot mustard
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

I used to not like really spicy foods, not as hot as my brother and Dad did. My brother thinks nothing of habenero hot wings for a snack and my dad used to drink tabasco sauce :P

The older I get tho the more I can tolerate spicier foods. When we go to the chinese all you can eat I usually will get some of the hot and spicy chicken, General Tsao's and the black pepper chicken, along with the Szhechuan beef. I love wasabi peas (hubby calls them pure evil) and actually can tolerate mustards (tho I still don't like yellow mustard straight, in recipes yes, not as a conidment).
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #8
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wasabi peas, definitely! But for hot, spicy, complex, mess-with-your-mind cooking, Ethiopian food is #1! You Texans are really lucky, because you've got the Abyssinia Restaurant on Greenbrier in Dallas; it's definitely worth a pilgrimage. And we Okies got our first one last year: the Queen of Sheba in Oklahoma City! Heat freaks rejoice!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #9
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never recommend Dave's Insanity to anyone. That's like playing with fire at a gas station. Only for those who are truely insane.

I got so many different varieties of hot sauces and salsas that I filled up the door to my fridge. And when I got a garage fridge, Mrs. Fuzzy booted my sauce to the outside fridge. I think they're multiplying...

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-12-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
PhillyFA
Cunning Linguist/Drum Bum

PhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhillyFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I never recommend Dave's Insanity to anyone. That's like playing with fire at a gas station. Only for those who are truely insane.
Call me crazy...

Stay Bruised, Darlings.
PhillyFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:04 AM   #11
Sojourner

Sojourner has said some nice things

Quote:
My Dad loves it. Then again, my Dad is a lunatic. Grows chillies at home because according to him, you can't buy ones hot enough. He gave quarter of a teaspoon of Dave's to a guy down the pub - who cried.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote