Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default What to do with Gorgonzola?

Hi Everyone. I need a little advice.

I work for a wholesale distributor for the dairy and food industries, and we get a great "holiday box" from the company for Christmas. This year it had some smoked trout, coffee, pecans, sausages, and lots of cheeses, included some Gorgonzola crumbles. We got some recipes to go along with the stuff, which I have misplaced.

I think I remember most of one of the recipes for the Gorgonzola, and I want to try it tomorrow. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas I could also try if there is any left over.

I appreciate any and all ideas/ feedback.

Thanks.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

That goodie basket sounds AMAZING!

This is a good salad that uses blue cheese crumbles -

4 oz blue cheese crumbles
4 oz walnuts
4 oz dried cranberries
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup of Italian dressing

Stir the two salad dressings together, pour enough over remaining ingredients to moisten and chill overnight.
This stuff is amazingly good.

I'd also put gorgonzola crumbles in an omelet, with some roasted red pepper strips and chopped up Italian sausage. With toasted crusty bread.

Gorgonzola can go in leafy green salads too, just not too much. Add walnuts for texture contrast.

Last edited by Kimberleigh; 01-13-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typos and stuff
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It depends on its "bite" If it has a sharp bite, I'll spread the crumbles over a freshly grilled steak (fillet or nystrip), and then broil them until the cheese is melted.

If its not mild but not sharp, I'll make a white sauce and melt the crumbles into the sauce (with a little cream and parmeasan cheesee) for a alfredo over noodles.

If its mild, then I'll attempt some sort of cannoli with powdered sugar, vanilla and chocolate chips.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, you lucky lady!
Gorgonzola is one of my favorites! You can crumble it on top of a salad (esp. with walnuts or bits of pecans!), you can put it into an omelet (alone or with chutney), or you can just plunk it on a cracker and eat it! It's the Italian version of blue cheese, so you can substitute it in any recipe that calls for blue cheese.
Bon appetit!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oooooh, these sound wonderful. Thank you so much for the ideas. There was also a package of Blue Cheese in that goody box, so between the two I should have enough to try these. MMMMMMM

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
cnk2cav

cnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot pics

don't forget apples or pears in those salads!!
cnk2cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
MassiveMike

MassiveMike can now change their title

Gorgonzola crumbles also make a great toping for a Buffalo chicken pizza. Top a pre baked crust with diced grilled chicken tossed in Buffalo sauce, extra buffalo sauce, chopped green onion, and the gorgonzola. If the gorgonzola is too strong for you, you can top the pizza with a mix of the gorgonzola and shredded mozz. So yummy!
MassiveMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #8
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Don't make me break out the watermelon with gorgonzola cream sauce again! It haunts my dreams.

Maybe stir it into a bechamel and make a pasta sauce? You're very lucky, so send some over here, I'll take it
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:46 AM   #9
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

first and foremost, ON TOP OF A STEAK. i cannot possibly stress enough how badly you need to do this if you haven't already. just crumble it on right after you take it off the heat, and let it melt while the steak rests. ohmygodsogood.
after that, definitely make a winter salad.
my favorite is:

baby spinach
candied pecans
crumbled gorgonzola
with raspberry vinigarette.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote