Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
kattylee

kattylee has said some nice things
Default Fattening Mac & Cheese recipe?

I need a mac & cheese recipe that will really pack in the calories. Can anyone help?

Thanks x
kattylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know this is a food-oriented question - but I am going to move this to the Weight Board, where the posters are more weight-gain oriented.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
kattylee

OK.. no probs.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fattening, as in more cals per serving? or more fat per serving?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
AppreSheAte

AppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default the more cheese

i'd have to believe that velvetta is pretty fattening, but too much of it would just taste yicky... suppose i would mix a variety of cheeses, and add heavy cream too.

baking it in a casserole dish with bread crumbs on top is yummy.

adding ham or chorizo adds zest.

bleu cheese adds some kick too.

now i want mac and cheese...

AppreSheAte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

I make mine with Velvetta and half n' half. It's quite fattening and wonderfully creamy.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
ArchFA

ArchFA has said some nice things

Don't try to "spice-up" a package recipie. Those suck!!

Do it yourself:

1. boil large shells -they hold more cheese
2. drain
3. add to taste:

splash red-wine vinegar
cracked black pepper
a ton of top shelf swiss, fresh moz., colby, brie, etc.

4. stirr well
5. add heavy cream to form sauce.

Get as creative as you want to be. There is no way to screw this one up, and there are no limits to how fattening you can make it. You could probably add bacon to it and it wouldn't suck!!

Just a thought
ArchFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
kattylee

Thanks, I'm gonna try it!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #9
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchFA View Post
Don't try to "spice-up" a package recipie. Those suck!!
...Just a thought
Or go to the FoodTV site and find Alton Brown's recipes...

Baked...
Stovetop
Next-day Mac n' Cheese Toast (deep fried baked Mac n' Cheese)

All of the above very good.

Trader Joe's makes a good one in the freezer section

There is also a good recipe book I saw all about 50 recipes for Mac n' Cheese

Emeril's Creole Christmas cookbook has a really good Smoked Gouda Cheese Mac n' Cheese. (Nice and sticky stringy)

Maybe if I remember I'll post some of these texts. (If allowed I guess)
Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

I like to take the mac n cheese in the box that has the velveeta like substance, not the powder. You need two boxes. You boil the noodles and then mix in the cheese substance and add half and half and a brick of cream cheese, then a 8 oz bag of cheddar. Add pepper to taste. Huge amounts of calories!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
UncannyBruceman
On Timeout

UncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging inUncannyBruceman makes people happy simply by logging in

Just talk to my mother, she'll know exactly what you need.
UncannyBruceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #12
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I only know two fattening Mac & Cheese recipes:

1. Mac & Cheese & Anything
2. Mac & Cheese & Nothing

I tried to find a fattening third one, namely PC & Cheese & ..., but the only third ingredient I could think of was more cheese, or perhaps a different one.
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herin View Post
I like to take the mac n cheese in the box that has the velveeta like substance, not the powder. You need two boxes. You boil the noodles and then mix in the cheese substance and add half and half and a brick of cream cheese, then a 8 oz bag of cheddar. Add pepper to taste. Huge amounts of calories!
Good God.. I KNEW I must be making the boxed stuff wrong. This sounds yummy.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote