Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

omg...I know it's the wrong thread but I have to post it here.

For dinner tonite I had canned corn (with butter) and some trader joes tomato and roasted red pepper soup. It was great.

I wonder why I had the urge for canned corn?

My gosh, this could have gone on so many threads. Good thing I didn't take a pic!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 AM   #27
Sojourner

Sojourner has said some nice things

Ick. Only veg I'll eat out of a can is corn - and only because it's such a pain in the ass to prepare from fresh.

They're just so squishy and tasteless. And the faint taste of mint or whatever that is on tinned potatoes and peas? Ew. Ew Ew Ew.

aaanyway.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #28
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I CRAVE canned peas and sometimes asparagus.

I do like canned corn whole or creamed. My mom used to serve us creamed corn a lot. She always put in a big spoon of butter and a sprinkling of sugar. Now that I think about it I do the same thing to canned corn and peas... I drain out all the water and add butter (to corn), margarine (to peas) and sugar.

I usually eat the asparagus right out of the can.. cold.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #29
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

MMMmm

Canned greenbeans, a pack of Ramen noodles with hot sauce, everything a BHM needs for dinner.

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I'm a canned veggie girl. I like them soft.

I like canned sliced carrots, le seur baby peas (think I spelled that wrong), and Green Giant sweet nibblets... YUM!

I often just throw a little can of peas and carrots together with some butter, salt and pepper and have them as a snack.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #30
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like canned artichokes (in water not oil) and in certain dishes canned asparagus because of the mush factor (when the mood for that texture hits me)..
Old 01-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #31
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got a sudden craving for canned creamed corn over wheat toast.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #32
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I do eat some canned vegetables, mostly corn & sweet peas. My favorite canned vegetable is Glory Foods Collared Greens with Turkey Broth.

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #33
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I only stock canned corn...not cream corn either, I REALLY do not like that! lol I buy frozen or I have frozen the veggies when it was in season. I've also been known to have canned green beans....but once I saw how much salt...frozen is the only way now!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #34
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh gawd... Creamed Corn My day care when I was five tried to get me to eat it, and I thought I would hurl. I refused to go back there the next day -- walked home by myself, let myself in the house alone, cooked Shrinky Dinks in the oven, corn tortillas on the stove, and had a Strawberry Shortcake dance party with my deaf dog.

I never had to eat creamed corn again -- or take a nap
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #35
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just had a can of DILL seasoned cut green beans.... They smelled good! But the dill was so strong, I could only stomach a few bites
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #36
Mia Davina
Your beloved....

Mia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

ick ick ick ick ick!!!!

I just cannot wrap my head around why people would eat canned veggies!!! Over processed "vegatables", sitting in a brine like solution for copious amounts of time. The sodium content is like WOAH, and I think they altogehter just taste nasty! I much prefer breaking out the bag of frozen corn or peas and giving them a quick blanch on the stove myself.

Also... I can NOT stand the way canned peas smell. UGH! I have to use them for my kids because they won't eat anything but canned veggies, and everytime, I try my damndest to hold my breath.

"Awww... you said I kill 480 of your men. Poor baby! And I'm a woman!"
-Jon Blaze

You need to celebrate your body, no matter what size it is. - Mark Montano

:kiss2: / Mia Davina
Mia Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #37
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I totally forgot...hominy!! I can eat it cold straight out of the can or warmed up in the skillet with some butter and salt. I adore it.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #38
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

What is hominy?
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #39
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

One huge grit!!!

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
What is hominy?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #40
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Canned lettuce..mmmmmmm...

I have heard that some canned veggies are more vitamin rich than their 'fresh' counterparts because so many stores keep their fresh veggies on the shelves for so long, whereas the canners get the produce into the cans pretty soon after pickin.

Having said that, I still prefer the produce department wedgetables.

But canned corn...hot...lots of butter...black pepper...mmmmm.I sometimes use canned tomatoes(the ones that have oregano and basil) in some pasta dishes.Canned beets are kind of yummy.I think those of you who like canned asparagus need to be slapped around a bit.The mouth orgasm I get from steaming(not tooo long) a plate of fresh asparagus(again..just butter..a lil kosher salt), well, no can can get me hot like that.

corn..beets...artichoke hearts in jars..toms..and, oh yeah, I. confess to liking canned green beans if fresh are not an option..and yellow wax(ed?) beans

Oh, cannot forget those delicious fruit cocktail grapes...heh..
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #41
William
On Timeout

The canned tomatoes in a can of chili!!!

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Canned lettuce..mmmmmmm...

I have heard that some canned veggies are more vitamin rich than their 'fresh' counterparts because so many stores keep their fresh veggies on the shelves for so long, whereas the canners get the produce into the cans pretty soon after pickin.

Having said that, I still prefer the produce department wedgetables.

But canned corn...hot...lots of butter...black pepper...mmmmm.I sometimes use canned tomatoes(the ones that have oregano and basil) in some pasta dishes.Canned beets are kind of yummy.I think those of you who like canned asparagus need to be slapped around a bit.The mouth orgasm I get from steaming(not tooo long) a plate of fresh asparagus(again..just butter..a lil kosher salt), well, no can can get me hot like that.

corn..beets...artichoke hearts in jars..toms..and, oh yeah, I. confess to liking canned green beans if fresh are not an option..and yellow wax(ed?) beans

Oh, cannot forget those delicious fruit cocktail grapes...heh..
Old 01-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #42
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
What is hominy?
Corn that has been soaked in lye until the outside shell comes off. It is very tasty. I prefer the yellow corn hominy to the white.

Sometimes they grind it into samp (chunky mush) or grind it finer to get hominy grits, another favorite food.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote