Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #26
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Three perfectly boiled eggs (set white, liquid yolk) scooped into a mug, then mashed with a knob of butter and a sprinkle of salt. Accompanied by hot buttered toast - ahhhhhhhhhh!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #27
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

chicken pot pie.
the way i make it, with homemade crust (ok, SOMEtimes store bought puff pastry), a bit of curry in the sauce, some white wine, and lots and lots of lima beans in with the rest of the veggies.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #28
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Three perfectly boiled eggs (set white, liquid yolk) scooped into a mug, then mashed with a knob of butter and a sprinkle of salt. Accompanied by hot buttered toast - ahhhhhhhhhh!
So deliciously Scot!

I am about the only person I think who LIKES Scottish/English fare, but I was conceived in Upper Hayford. Don't blame me!
Old 01-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #29
cnk2cav

cnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot pics

various soups and popcorn, oh how i love popcorn
cnk2cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:46 PM   #30
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm a soup fanatic. I really like cheese based soups, as well as potato based soups. yummy. Things with gravy are good too.. my mom makes giblet gravy at thanksgiving from the turkey broth and it has eggs in it and it SO yummy.
kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #31
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypop View Post
I'm a soup fanatic. I really like cheese based soups, as well as potato based soups. yummy. Things with gravy are good too.. my mom makes giblet gravy at thanksgiving from the turkey broth and it has eggs in it and it SO yummy.
Yay for Soup Fanatics!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #32
KnottyOne
Ready For A Broken Heart?

KnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Wings, for some reason when I'm down wings will always make me feel better ^_^

The past and future, is in us or nowhere. The external world is the shadow world, casting its shadows into the world of light. Now it seems to us so dark within, so lonely and chaotic. But how different it will seem to us when this eclipse is past and the shadow is removed. We will enjoy ourselves more than ever, for our spirit has suffered such deprivation.
KnottyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #33
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One my mom used to do.. a poached egg, on top of a slice of hot buttered toast. Spinkle on some salt and pepper and devour!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 PM   #34
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yay for Soup Fanatics!
agreed!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #35
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

My Gran made milk toast. A poached egg over toast in a bowl with hot whole milk over the top.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #36
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist View Post
So deliciously Scot!

I am about the only person I think who LIKES Scottish/English fare, but I was conceived in Upper Hayford. Don't blame me!
lol I didn't even consider that my boiled eggs and toast was British! I'm so glad someone appreciates the dubious delights of British cuisine!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #37
adrianTX
Charles Bingley Approved

adrianTX can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadrianTX can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Growing up in Savannah, GA....every food we ate is considered a comfort food. I wanted to share my comfort meal with everyone, its what my mama makes when I go home to visit my parents. Country fried steak with sawmill gravy, deep dish macaroni and cheese, collard greens with hambones, with yeast rolls and sweet tea. That is comfort food, then again I just call it home cookin'
Old 01-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #38
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianTX View Post
Growing up in Savannah, GA....every food we ate is considered a comfort food. I wanted to share my comfort meal with everyone, its what my mama makes when I go home to visit my parents. Country fried steak with sawmill gravy, deep dish macaroni and cheese, collard greens with hambones, with yeast rolls and sweet tea. That is comfort food, then again I just call it home cookin'
What is sawmill gravy?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:28 AM   #39
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just put it in the crock pot

Pot roast dry rubbed 24 hours before in cumin, garlic, salt, pepper and tobasco, seared to perfection in a cast iron skillet, then seared onions, and deglazed pan juices from red wine. Add carrots and potatoes, cook on low alllll day long
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #40
adrianTX
Charles Bingley Approved

adrianTX can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadrianTX can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
What is sawmill gravy?
Sawmille gravy is basically white gravy with loads of black pepper. Muy good
Old 01-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #41
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

My current craving because I am crooped up and need some edible comfort:

Oatmeal with lots of butter and brown sugar with a piece of toast dipped into the gooey goodness.

A really close second is white rice, lots of butter and lots of sugar.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #42
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In no particular order...
  • meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. any kind of meat with gravy of some sort and mashed taters, really, but meatloaf is tops.
  • oatmeal with dark and light brown sugars, honey and half & half
  • brown sugar and maple syrup flavored Cream of Wheat
  • tomato soup (my fave is Trader Joe's Red Pepper and Tomato soup) and a lovely grilled cheese sammich, gooey on the inside and a bit crispy on the outside
  • the family recipe for lasagne
  • ice cream
  • pop tarts
  • hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream, and if it's homemade, vanilla ice cream, too
  • homemade soup of almost any kind
  • home-baked bread, hot and slathered with butter
  • cake
  • a good milkshake
  • macaroni and cheese, preferably homemade and with buttered bread crumbs on top
  • jello
  • cinammon sugar toast

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #43
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
What is sawmill gravy?
Yep, a thick milk gravy with sausage and black pepper.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #44
kerrypop
Supafly

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianTX View Post
Sawmille gravy is basically white gravy with loads of black pepper. Muy good
Ahhhh okay... I think my family calls that 'country gravy.' mmmmmm I love it.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #45
adrianTX
Charles Bingley Approved

Cool...whatever you call it, it's good