Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Wedding Punch?

So, Stan (Accept) and I are getting married in July, and we're planning on having a cake and punch reception... but what kind of punch? If anyone has any secret delicious recipies let us know! We want to try a bunch before we decide! (well, I do anyway )

Also, if you have ideas for cheap places to get appetizer trays... meat and cheese, or crackers, or whatever... that is helpful info too!

Thanks!
kerrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

One that won't STAIN! (This would be a concern of mine. )

2 12oz cans frozen lemonade
2 12oz cans frozen orange juice
2 46oz cans of pineapple juice
1 cup of sugar
6 cups of water
mix all ingedients well then freeze for at least
12-14 hours are until frozen. Then serve in punch
bowl , pour gingerale in until slushy.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrypop View Post
So, Stan (Accept) and I are getting married in July, and we're planning on having a cake and punch reception... but what kind of punch? If anyone has any secret delicious recipies let us know! We want to try a bunch before we decide! (well, I do anyway )

Also, if you have ideas for cheap places to get appetizer trays... meat and cheese, or crackers, or whatever... that is helpful info too!

Thanks!
Congrats..and my fav is lime sherbet with 7-up. LOL an oldie but goodie and cheap too!

And you could easily adapt to whatever colors you will have for your wedding.

Man..now I'm going to be craving that punch..lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
kerrypop
Supafly

kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on

Yummy.. these both sound great.... even Stan is getting excited to try them! We might have to have people over and have a punch party!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't know if you have Cheerwine soda where you are but one bottle of cheerwine and one can of pineapple juice makes the best punch I've ever had.You can freeze a pineapple mold for the middle of the punch bowl.

We have this every Christmas because there aren't enough weddings and baby showers!
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
kerrypop
Supafly

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I don't know if you have Cheerwine soda where you are but one bottle of cheerwine and one can of pineapple juice makes the best punch I've ever had.You can freeze a pineapple mold for the middle of the punch bowl.

We have this every Christmas because there aren't enough weddings and baby showers!
I am sad, because I have never heard of cheerwine! Anyone from the PNW heard of this?? maybe?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A great resource for weddings that includes recipes is Better Homes & Garden's Simply Creative Weddings magazine. Their website lists 1498 recipes for punch, too.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
cnk2cav

cnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot pics

i don't know what or where PNW (i'm horrible at all these acronyms on here i'm thinking pinwheel, but that doesn't seem to work) is, but i've heard of cheerwine, and our family's favorite punch is a thing of prepared kool aid frozen pineapple juice, and ginger ale... can't have christmas or thanksgiving without it
cnk2cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
cnk2cav

cnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot pics

ohhhhh, i've never been to the pacific northwest, so please forgive that bit of ignorance there
Old 01-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
kerrypop
Supafly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk2cav View Post
ohhhhh, i've never been to the pacific northwest, so please forgive that bit of ignorance there
lol it is funny that you didn't know, only because I thought it looked weird as I wrote it, and almost erased it and wrote out pacific northwest.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #11
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here's some more info. on Cheerwine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerwine

I do not like the taste of it, but I hadn't had it in over 10 years.

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #12
cnk2cav

excellent, that makes me feel a lot better now
Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Mia Davina
Your beloved....

Mia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My grandmother makes this punch that we all love!

1 can OJ concentrate
1 can lemonade concentrate
1 can juicy juice fruit punch
2 2L bottles of gingerale
1 jar of marachino cherries (juice only goes in the punch)
1 tub rainbow sherbet
2 cans pineapple rings
1 12oz can pineapple juice

Pineapple, pineapple juice and cherries get put into the bottom of a bundt pan and frozen overnight (covered so it doesn't pick up the freeze taste).

Defrost the juice concentrates and pour them in the bottom of the punch bowl. Overtop of them, pour the fruit punch, and lastly the gingerale. Add the pineapple ring and big scoops of sherbet around the top. Stir gently to combine (and to melt some of the sherbet into the actual punch).

I always LOVED when the sherbet melted and made little pools of gingerale fizzed sherbet. It was my favorite part! My grandma always got extra sherbet so that she could replace the sherbet on top as people stole it ^_^.

"Awww... you said I kill 480 of your men. Poor baby! And I'm a woman!"
-Jon Blaze

You need to celebrate your body, no matter what size it is. - Mark Montano

:kiss2: / Mia Davina
Mia Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #14
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The easiest recipe for punch I ever found:
Get a couple of big cans of frozen lemonade and make the lemonade, following directions, [I]except[I] you use Seven-Up (or Sprite, or whatever) instead of water. Put it in a punch bowl and float a chunk of ice in it. That's all there is to it. An advantage of this punch is that it is highly spikable: you can pour an entire fifth of gin into a gallon of it and nobody can tell (vodka can only be detected by chemical analysis). I made some of this for the wedding of a friend of mine, and the bride left on her honeymoon canted at a forty-five degree angle.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #15
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Davina View Post
My grandmother makes this punch that we all love!

1 can OJ concentrate
1 can lemonade concentrate
1 can juicy juice fruit punch
2 2L bottles of gingerale
1 jar of marachino cherries (juice only goes in the punch)
1 tub rainbow sherbet
2 cans pineapple rings
1 12oz can pineapple juice

Pineapple, pineapple juice and cherries get put into the bottom of a bundt pan and frozen overnight (covered so it doesn't pick up the freeze taste).

Defrost the juice concentrates and pour them in the bottom of the punch bowl. Overtop of them, pour the fruit punch, and lastly the gingerale. Add the pineapple ring and big scoops of sherbet around the top. Stir gently to combine (and to melt some of the sherbet into the actual punch).

I always LOVED when the sherbet melted and made little pools of gingerale fizzed sherbet. It was my favorite part! My grandma always got extra sherbet so that she could replace the sherbet on top as people stole it ^_^.
Know any subs for the pineapple juice? I hate pineapple and/or coconut...no Pina Coladas for me..lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #16
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Big Mama's Punch

1 64-oz bottle white grape juice;
1 64-oz bottle cranberry juice cocktail;
1 3 liter bottle lemon-lime soda (not 7up or Sprite);
1 8-oz bottle lime juice (ReaLime)

Mix in a bowl with ice and serve.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #17
Mia Davina
Your beloved....

Mia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Know any subs for the pineapple juice? I hate pineapple and/or coconut...no Pina Coladas for me..lol
you could use pretty much anything that you like. Peach juice, V8 splash, orange juice, blueberry juice, pomegranate juice, etc.

"Awww... you said I kill 480 of your men. Poor baby! And I'm a woman!"
-Jon Blaze

You need to celebrate your body, no matter what size it is. - Mark Montano

:kiss2: / Mia Davina
Mia Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #18
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

I really do like the sherbert/7-up combo myself. I had it for my reception. Also, for nice cheap trays, try Sam's if you have them there. I got one of each, the shrimp, sandwiches, the veggies, the fruit.

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote