Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #51
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

My new job has me dealing in gourmet food & wine on a daily basis. I swear I have died and gone to foodee heaven!
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:40 PM   #52
Mia Davina
Your beloved....

Mia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Cooking rice for me should be a walk in the park. I was shown how to do it by the time I was ten, for Pete's sake. But I seem to be screwing even the basics up.
who is Pete and why is it always for his sake?

Anyways... it's not uncommon for the best cooks in the world to suck at the most basic things. I think that it was Wolfgang Puck that can't make toast. I can cook up the most inventive, delicious tasting creations ever.. but somehow, when it comes to stuff like prepackaged pasta kits... I never get it right!

"Awww... you said I kill 480 of your men. Poor baby! And I'm a woman!"
-Jon Blaze

You need to celebrate your body, no matter what size it is. - Mark Montano

:kiss2: / Mia Davina
Mia Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:14 AM   #53
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia Davina
... it's not uncommon for the best cooks in the world to suck at the most basic things. I think that it was Wolfgang Puck that can't make toast.
Uncle Ben started a fire that killed 76 in North Dakota when he was trying to boil water to cook his rice for them. *shrugs* Ya live and learn.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #54
Mia Davina
Your beloved....

Mia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMia Davina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
Uncle Ben started a fire that killed 76 in North Dakota when he was trying to boil water to cook his rice for them. *shrugs* Ya live and learn.
*snort* oh my god.. I'm sorry... I find that hillarious.. does tha make me sadistic?

"Awww... you said I kill 480 of your men. Poor baby! And I'm a woman!"
-Jon Blaze

You need to celebrate your body, no matter what size it is. - Mark Montano

:kiss2: / Mia Davina
Mia Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #55
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dammit, Santa, the system will not let me rep anyone. That post sure deserves it!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #56
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

IC that I haven't watched Food Network in a very long time.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #57
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
IC that I haven't watched Food Network in a very long time.

WHY NOT??????
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #58
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
WHY NOT??????
I don't know. I'm not familiar with the schedule anymore.. I'm using busy cooking dinner... I'm on here... Just a bunch of excuses, huh?
Old 08-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #59
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I don't know. I'm not familiar with the schedule anymore.. I'm using busy cooking dinner... I'm on here... Just a bunch of excuses, huh?

I'm shocked and dismayed. Don't you have a tivo or dvr? That's how I get to see all my food programs.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 02-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #60
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Default Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

I am happy that the lollipop in our Valentine goodie bag at work has a plastic stick and not paper. I hate how the paper gets all mushy.

I wonder if they have changed all lolli sticks to plastic and I wasn't notified of this change. Or did I get lucky?

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 10-22-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #61
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

you got lucky.. the lollipop in our goodie bag has a paper one.. i'm giving it to my son since i dont like paper sticks
Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #62
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I fuss at my boyfriend if he is carrying the milk in from a trip to the grocery store and does not put it in the fridge before doing anything else...including taking off his coat or setting other bags down. He knows I am a freak about it and almost always puts it away first.

I can tell if the milk has reach un-really really cold state even for a little bit and it bugs me to no end.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #63
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I am not a Hershey's Kisses fan but today I tried one that was in my Valentine goodie bag and fell in love (how appropriate!)

It was a dark chocolate raspberry.

Damn - it's good!!

(I just googled them and found a reviewer who said they tasted like cough syrup. Maybe I need to taste them again? There was only one in my bag )

Old 02-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #64
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
(I just googled them and found a reviewer who said they tasted like cough syrup. Maybe I need to taste them again? There was only one in my bag )
When in doubt, have another one.

I live by these words.
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #65
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Oh yeah, topic...

IC that at one point in my life it very important to me to figure out my favorite brand of ginger ale so I'd stop getting suckered into buying someting I didn't like just because it was the one on sale that week.

I did a proper taste test, controlling variables such as temperature and ice quantity. Little plastic cups, even.

The winner: Canada Dry
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #66
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I will eat a Triple Chocolate Twix bar AND a little bag of Kettle Guacamole Tortilla chips and not be guilty--because both are new and interesting.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #67
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

What is this guilt of which you speak?

No, seriously. I just realized how long it's been since I felt actual guilt about eating anything I wanted to.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #68
activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Honey, I have guilt about everything.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #69
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Oh, child. That can change.

PM me for my digits if you want someone to talk to about it.

Or PM me yours, and I'll call you! (I have unlimited minutes)

Old 02-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #70
activistfatgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic_Girl View Post
Oh, child. That can change.

PM me for my digits if you want someone to talk to about it.

Or PM me yours, and I'll call you! (I have unlimited minutes)
You're so sweet!

However, unleashing why I have guilt about everything is probably the kind of thing that takes years and a team of trained professionals and inevitably has to do with the fact that my mother didn't love me enough. Isolating food guilt would be easier. We should go for ice cream while you're in Chicago.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #71
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If I like a sample, I'll go back for seconds. I've done informal surveys of samplers, and women rarely go back. It's always almost men who do so. So I'm making strides for all the other women who are ashamed! Or maybe I just like freebies.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #72
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
You're so sweet!

However, unleashing why I have guilt about everything is probably the kind of thing that takes years and a team of trained professionals and inevitably has to do with the fact that my mother didn't love me enough. Isolating food guilt would be easier. We should go for ice cream while you're in Chicago.

You're on!

(But the offer still stands.)

Old 02-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #73
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I go back for second helpings - with almost every meal.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #74
GoddessPatty

GoddessPatty has super-sized repGoddessPatty has super-sized repGoddessPatty has super-sized repGoddessPatty has super-sized repGoddessPatty has super-sized rep
Default My guilt

Most of my friends know that I HATE throwing any kind of food away.
But I have a confession to make.
When I do some major home cooking. I serve myself way too much food because it just looks so good and I know its going to taste good. But most of the time I can only eat half of what I serve myself. The rest ends up getting tossed.
There are usually leftovers for the next day since its just me and my honey but for the life of me I cant change this terrible habit I have...
Whats a fatgirl to do? I know the answer but still do it over and over.
I think maybe Im just obsessed with how pretty the plate looks full. Who knows???

Goddess Patty
Old 02-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #75
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Some of my confessions may sound like George Carlin's routine about food and the kitchen.

But does anyone, when making toast, or a sandwich reach past the first few slices of bread at the beginning of the bread sack, and grab a couple of "fresh" slices? Like you don't want the "bad" bread, you want to good bread. Hell, let the rest of the family eat the yucky bread.