Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default open relationships

i currently find myself in an open relationship after almost two years of monogamy during my first two years of college. nearly everyone i've talked to says that it's a bad idea, though nearly all those people agreed the rules that me and my girlfriend set for ourselves are more carefully thought out than they expected. i was just wondering if anyone on here has successfully had an open relationship or "swung," temporarily (or to this day) without dooming the original relationship, and if they have any tips on how to keep everything fun rather than stressful and paranoid? fyi...we're in college, just in case people want to know why we're doing this. we wanted to try it while we're still allowed to be young and stupid.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

It'll hurt when you hear about/think about your girlfriend with someone else and the same for her. If you've been together 2 years and it's been working I think it's quite silly now. I think things will get messy and it will probably never be the same as it was before.

I don't agree with open relationships, though I've always said to my boyfriends that if they DO want to go and sleep around it's fine with me. (It's not fine with me but I'd just hate for someone to feel trapped) but it still hurts me like hell if they do something.

But if you two are strong enough and it's really something you want to do then go for it.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
wrench13
Pirate music for sail

Location: In New York City, formerly the big Apple, now the Big Target
wrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going onwrench13 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default hmmm....

Was in an open relationship in college too, I made it clear from day one with the girl i wound up living with that we were going to date other people and that it was not an exclusive relationship.

Having said that, we managed to stay together for 3-1/2 years. But I know she was resentful of me when I would be seen in the college town with other women ( who were usualy MUCH fatter then she was) and I resented her going out with this one guy who looked a LOT like me ( long red hair, tall and musically inclined).

Needless tosay , it was all for nought, as we broke up eventually.
wrench13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
eljay

eljay has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
It'll hurt when you hear about/think about your girlfriend with someone else and the same for her. If you've been together 2 years and it's been working I think it's quite silly now. I think things will get messy and it will probably never be the same as it was before.

I don't agree with open relationships, though I've always said to my boyfriends that if they DO want to go and sleep around it's fine with me. (It's not fine with me but I'd just hate for someone to feel trapped) but it still hurts me like hell if they do something.

But if you two are strong enough and it's really something you want to do then go for it.
- Muchos respect. Although ideally ideally said bf should do his best to resist, knowing it would hurt you.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think picking up a copy of the Ethical Slut would do you a great deal of good for you and yours.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Open Marriage

I realize that you are just talking relationships, and relationships are not marriage, but I think that most people have a hard time trying to maintain more than one primary relationship at a time.

Nena O'Neill, who co-authored the book 'Open Marriage' has now said that stable marriages are, in fact, based on faithfulness. Writing in the October 1979 'Human Behaviour Magazine' she says, "Sexual fidelity is not just a vow in marriage or a moral religious belief, but a need associated with our deepest emotions and our quest for emotional security."
Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #7
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The problem with human beings is that we're all only human. Many of our wants and desires above and beyond the basics lead to conflict and are often contradictary.

I have no moral issue with open relationships. I believe that monogamy is an unnatural state for the hormonally charged human beast. If life isn't going to be fun, what's the point of being alive, right? Call me a hedonist, but that's how I see it.

Even though sluttiness doesn't bug me, I see no reason to be irresponsible about it. Whatever your arrangement, make sure it's laid out as clearly as possible and be completely honest with everyone involved. Use common sense precautions with sex, etc.

Because of that whole humanity thing, it doesn't always work like it should. Envy and jealousy are emotions that are very difficult to eschew and few people are mature enough for one relationship, to say nothing of multiple relationships. And let's not forget centuries of societal programming...oy vey!

I know from personal experience that certain women have not believed me even when I was telling the truth: "I just want to fuck you - that's it." In one more uncomfortable instance, the woman I was dealing with translated this into, "I love you and want you to try and solve all of my problems." Not the case at all...perhaps I should have been a bastard and kicked her out right after getting my rocks off?

To answer the question, do I have an open relationship? Technically, yes. What I don't have is any particular desire to take advantage of it at this point. There are way too many freaks out there and I have become extremely picky in my old age.
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #8
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Speaking as one true hedonist to another, hedonism and monogamy don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

So wait, I can hit on Korey without fear of penalty now?

Just kidding. I know you both...I know you are both mature, and if you two think this is right for you, and that you can handle it, then that's good. In my relationship, being open wouldn't work so much, but we know what works for us. Just do what works for you two, and I loves ya both!

Last edited by pinuptami; 10-05-2005 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Signature issue
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #10
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I have no moral issue with open relationships. I believe that monogamy is an unnatural state for the hormonally charged human beast. If life isn't going to be fun, what's the point of being alive, right?

I was gonna say that Seth!LOL

I'm not going to talk about my own marriage - as I have been raked over the coals time and again for how Wayne and I live our life.

BUT - I will say IF you really want a successful open relationship you must TALK and COMMUNICATE all the time - to the point of not wanting to talk about it ever again. It's the ONLY way an open relationship can work.

If you do not have good communication NOW - don't do it. It will kill your relationship.

Good luck! And that's ALL I'm gonna say on this subject.

Sandie Z
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #11
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus
BUT - I will say IF you really want a successful open relationship you must TALK and COMMUNICATE all the time - to the point of not wanting to talk about it ever again. It's the ONLY way an open relationship can work.

If you do not have good communication NOW - don't do it. It will kill your relationship.

Good luck! And that's ALL I'm gonna say on this subject.
Most sage, experienced and correct advice. Communication will be the downfall of everything on the planet, especially relationships, especially open relationships.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM   #12
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default thanks everyone

i mean, if it fails, it fails. i just wanted to hear some perspectives on it other than "break up or grow up." anyone who knows me knows i totally love my cake and eating it too, so this is just me finding out once and for all if i can. if i can't, i also love my girlfriend, who i'll continue to love as long as she puts up with me.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:27 AM   #13
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ex machina
i mean, if it fails, it fails. i just wanted to hear some perspectives on it other than "break up or grow up." anyone who knows me knows i totally love my cake and eating it too, so this is just me finding out once and for all if i can. if i can't, i also love my girlfriend, who i'll continue to love as long as she puts up with me.

I hear what you're asking. Are you both going to try this? I ask b/c it might be easier for your GF to find NSA dalliances than you, though of course I'm just taking a guess based on not knowing you. As much as I hate to say this (and I do, as a sex-positive feminist), it can still be hard for men to find women open to sex-only relationships w/o any emotional entanglement. I cannot believe I just typed that, b/c it goes against what I sometimes believe and what I always want to believe, and even from my own experience, but from what I've heard from lots of other people, it can get messy (on your end; less on her end). So that's something you may need to deal with, should it happen. But I also think it can work, with negotiation and good communication, which you mentioned you have. You won't know 'til you've tried it, as you've said, so best of luck to you both. There's also a good chance this experience will permanently change your relationship with your gf (from either end) even if you end it and go back to the way things were. You're looking into the well here, and you won't be able to forget what you've seen. You may decide you don't want to keep the experiment going, but you won't be able to forget it.

Keep us informed. With photos. Please. I'm a little desperate over here. Even like stick-figure drawings will do if you don't have access to a camera. heh.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #14
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I hear what you're asking. Are you both going to try this? I ask b/c it might be easier for your GF to find NSA dalliances than you, though of course I'm just taking a guess based on not knowing you. As much as I hate to say this (and I do, as a sex-positive feminist), it can still be hard for men to find women open to sex-only relationships w/o any emotional entanglement. I cannot believe I just typed that, b/c it goes against what I sometimes believe and what I always want to believe, and even from my own experience, but from what I've heard from lots of other people, it can get messy (on your end; less on her end). So that's something you may need to deal with, should it happen. But I also think it can work, with negotiation and good communication, which you mentioned you have. You won't know 'til you've tried it, as you've said, so best of luck to you both. There's also a good chance this experience will permanently change your relationship with your gf (from either end) even if you end it and go back to the way things were. You're looking into the well here, and you won't be able to forget what you've seen. You may decide you don't want to keep the experiment going, but you won't be able to forget it.

Keep us informed. With photos. Please. I'm a little desperate over here. Even like stick-figure drawings will do if you don't have access to a camera. heh.
no, i'm totally aware of the fact korey will have a much easier time than me, but it actually makes me more comfortable, cuz I'm the one who pushed to initiate the whole thing, so I even told her I'd wait til she got a headstart with someone. i know it's hard to believe for a lot of people here, but i really don't mind the idea of her getting her freak on with other guys, as long as she uses the right discretion and protection. i'm not just saying that to be non-hypocritical...i've always thought if she cheated on me i'd rather use it as a bargaining chip to have a free date outside the relationship and call it even, rather than dump her. the way i see things at the moment is that life (and college) is just too short for me to settle down at 20, and i want to experience more sexual relationships before we close the marriage door. lots of women would probably get offended by that, but it really doesn't mean the significant other isn't attractive, or not a great sexual partner. it really just means i want a change of pace. if you eat pancakes every day, and you suddenly want a waffle, does that mean you no longer love pancakes? LOL.

i've alread found myself a cute-but-not-cute-enough-to-threaten-my-relationship bbw (way taller than me, but hey, change of pace..my gf is 4'11) who only likes casual sex (she was an RA last year and slept with two guys on her floor, against the rules lol) and actually dumped a guy for saying "i love you." she's a big eater, doesn't give a shit about her weight, and seems like we'd have fun. i'm waiting until she takes an std test though. korey's had two separate long conversations with possible suitors (and if you can get korey into a conversation about dostoyevsky..there will be wetness), one of whom semi-hit on her on facebook the very day she changed her profile to 'in an open relationship.' so i think we're all in good standing at the moment.

what kiind of pic did you want? like, pictures of us getting it on with other people? this will hafta suffice i guess..

Last edited by exile in thighville; 10-12-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #15
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ex machina
no, i'm totally aware of the fact korey will have a much easier time than me, but it actually makes me more comfortable, cuz I'm the one who pushed to initiate the whole thing, so I even told her I'd wait til she got a headstart with someone. i know it's hard to believe for a lot of people here, but i really don't mind the idea of her getting her freak on with other guys, as long as she uses the right discretion and protection. i'm not just saying that to be non-hypocritical...i've always thought if she cheated on me i'd rather use it as a bargaining chip to have a free date outside the relationship and call it even, rather than dump her. the way i see things at the moment is that life (and college) is just too short for me to settle down at 20, and i want to experience more sexual relationships before we close the marriage door. lots of women would probably get offended by that, but it really doesn't mean the significant other isn't attractive, or not a great sexual partner. it really just means i want a change of pace. if you eat pancakes every day, and you suddenly want a waffle, does that mean you no longer love pancakes? LOL.

i've alread found myself a cute-but-not-cute-enough-to-threaten-my-relationship bbw (way taller than me, but hey, change of pace..my gf is 4'11) who only likes casual sex (she was an RA last year and slept with two guys on her floor, against the rules lol) and actually dumped a guy for saying "i love you." she's a big eater, doesn't give a shit about her weight, and seems like we'd have fun. i'm waiting until she takes an std test though. korey's had two separate long conversations with possible suitors (and if you can get korey into a conversation about dostoyevsky..there will be wetness), one of whom semi-hit on her on facebook the very day she changed her profile to 'in an open relationship.' so i think we're all in good standing at the moment.

what kiind of pic did you want? like, pictures of us getting it on with other people? this will hafta suffice i guess..
Ahhh Korey and Dan = Cuteness overload!

Seriously though, like I said before, I think you both are mature enough to handle it, and it's good that you and Korey are both getting bites.

Last edited by pinuptami; 10-07-2005 at 08:43 AM. Reason: silly me, signature...again
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 AM   #16
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

Default aww

awww thanx tami..you rock, and you and jack are adorable too (i just looked at that halloween costume pic)
Old 10-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #17
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My experiences haven't been pleasant ones. I was married to a man who was socially conservative, like me, and we agreed upon a closed relationship, monogamous and lived that way for 5 years. It turns out he lied, and admitted it later, it wasn't what he wanted, he was hoping to change my mind. That's totally the wrong approach.

The second experience was with a man who didn't want to exclusively date, but after two years of being exclusive and him wanting to move in with me, establish a joint lifestyle, wanted me to hang in there while he told me about his other women and how much more fun they were. Another totally wrong approach.

My opinion has more or less altered to a life mate is a good thing, but I'm still working on in what context "life mate" falls.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #18
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

Default sorry to hear that

i'm sorry neither experience worked out for you. the first guy in particular, wottan asshole. i'm not even remotely socially conservative though, and neither is my girlfriend (i'm yay close to being so gay, except for the whole liking guys thing). thus, i wouldn't recommend such a complex sexual arrangement unless both partners are veryyyyy broad-minded about such matters.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 AM   #19
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

Default singing sexy swingles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinuptami
hehe, aww thanks. The 4 of us should really meet up sometime and adorable it up together
swingers party? yeah, baby!