Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

View Poll Results: What's the best Chocolate to PB ratio?
Regular Peanut Butter Cup 12 24.00%
Reese's Miniature Cups 13 26.00%
Speciality Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs 17 34.00%
Reese's Big Cup 7 14.00%
Other (Please state) 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #51
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

update: sliced off his head, was a much better pb to choc ratio - pb was smoother, chocolate not as hard.

SVS- sorry will post graphic warning content message in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
So cruel. And no warning that there would be graphic violence in your post.

I mean, damn! You get us all warm and fuzzy (pardon the expression) by telling us this cute li'l guy followed you home. And then, without warning, WHACK!

I am shocked and dismayed.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #52
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's too hard to choose!

I'm definitely a "the more PB, the better" girl. I'm often found peeling the chocolate off of the eggs and eating that first so that I can eat the big chunk of peanut butter by itself. I do LOVE the big cup, though. And especially the one with peanuts. NOT the caramel one, though. Too sweet!

BUT, they're now making a Big Cup EGG! The Holy Grail of Reese's PB! It's like the SS version of the regular egg. It's not any thicker than the standard Reese's egg, but it's just about twice the size. I had one today and thought that I could die a happy fat girl.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #53
SummerG
summer.bigcuties.com

SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
update: sliced off his head, was a much better pb to choc ratio - pb was smoother, chocolate not as hard.

SVS- sorry will post graphic warning content message in the future.
i had a serious pb cup craving last month, and so when my mother went shopping, i asked her to pick up some. they were the stalest pb cups in the history of stale pb cups. today though... she finally returned them to the store and what did she bring back to replace them? THE REESTER BUNNIES... but in two boxes of 4... the pb is soooo moist and delicious! i would say these are better than the orig cup, but still no replacement for the glorious egg!

Spoil Me! http://amzn.com/w/2KHXXPNUCN9EC
SummerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:41 AM   #54
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
So cruel. And no warning that there would be graphic violence in your post.

I mean, damn! You get us all warm and fuzzy (pardon the expression) by telling us this cute li'l guy followed you home. And then, without warning, WHACK!

I am shocked and dismayed.
*shivers* remind me never to follow you home, EP. There go all of my fantasies about being a stowaway in your kitchen.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:14 AM   #55
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
update: sliced off his head
This made me laugh.

The inside-out cup is unholy and needs to be buried in Los Alamos.

The heretofore rogue control issue in this otherwise fairly-judged and all-things-considered balanced and non poo-throwing data analysis? REFRIGERATION. Refrigeration and its effects on TEXTURE and thus on responses regarding satisfaction of filling/outsides ratio.

My feeling is that once any of said choccyPB products are refrigerated--their OPTIMAL state, if I may be so bold--but really, please--gotta eat them cold--the textural issues resolve themselves easily, and the flat-bottomed original emerges as a triumph of well-considered design weighed against the needs and demands of the adult human palate. Plus the PB doesn't melt on the tongue so easily, the chocolate has good snap against the subdued PB creaminess--the sharp edges are perfect--and even the salt notes are less intense, better-balanced. In this refrigerated context the minis are...less.

SUCH IS MY HUMBLE OPINION SUBMITTED HERE ON THE 12 OF MARCH, AD 2007, etc.

Have we talked about the way itty-bitty ones in Moose Tracks ice cream? That you crash into nothingness in one bite with just a lil give in the middle? I think they are an interesting variation. MINIS!

Jes, here is Nobel Prize for science. It's got peanut-buttery insides!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #56
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post

ps: sadly, and I know this will trouble AFG, not only is the York Pepp Patty no longer made in York, but Hershey's will not longer be made in Hershey! They're moving the plant to Mexico. Hershey PA (i presented at a writing conference there, so had the chance to say at the Lodge where you get free candy bars upon arrival. Talk about fresh!!! helloooooooooo. The entire town smells like chocolate) doesn't have much going on beside the choccie. Certainly tourism is a big thing, but there are something like 4 generations of choc factory employees who will suddenly be disenfranchised.

One contemplates boycotting Hershey's.

Sorry, but this one can't commit.
I think I might know what my next labor crusade will be. Though if I'm organizing U.S. workers in PA and in the chocolate maquiladoras in Mexico, I really wonder if I'd get any free samples out of the deal. Could be a make or break situation. I mean, I'm busy and all.
activistfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #57
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
The heretofore rogue control issue in this otherwise fairly-judged and all-things-considered balanced and non poo-throwing data analysis? REFRIGERATION. Refrigeration and its effects on TEXTURE and thus on responses regarding satisfaction of filling/outsides ratio.
Brilliant!!! We totally forgot to chill 'em for this experiment!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #58
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

A word about the Inside Out cups: Yes, I was once a fan. Then they made me vomit, for NO REAL REASON!

God's honest!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #59
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Well all I gotta say is...

Who wants to post me some?

I cannot possibly judge fairly without trying them all. Here in the UK you can pick up the regular cups but they are quite hard to find. I am sure I would love all of them if could get my grubby little paws on them, I tend to get rather excited when sweet and salty flavours are combined!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #60
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Agggh........

Quote:
This guy followed me home.

Just a ton of excess packaging- boxed and then foil wrapped

Notice the shine - the chocolate is much harder than either the cup or the egg, most like the mini.

When dissected - the pb to choc ratio (in the ears) is very different from the egg. It is harder and sweeter than the cup or the egg, and reminded me of the "sweeter" taste of the minis

I would suggest the Reester Bunny for mini fans. If you are an egg fan this just will not work (IMO).
I am having the biggest 'Veganistical' chocolate craving ever, I want this now, right now, in my mouth.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #61
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerG View Post
i THE REESTER BUNNIES... but in two boxes of 4... the pb is soooo moist and delicious! i would say these are better than the orig cup, but still no replacement for the glorious egg!
I would have to agree about the pb, once you get past the ears they really are right up there with the original cup. Ears and feet are too mini cup like, the rest, totally worth having to eat the ears and feet.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote