Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
Delaney

Default What are your current favorite work munchies?

Yes, I'm a major workplace snacker. I admit it! Currently in my snack drawer are: Planter's Honey Roasted Peanuts (almost gone); sunflower seeds (in the shell); Hershey's Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate with Macadamia Nuts; and Lay's Dill Pickle Chips.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've just run out of everything, but I had:

Mini Reeses Cups
Funyuns
Sour Cream and Onion Pringles

Plus always my trusty box of CL (Crystal Light, I'm trying to start a trend) singles.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #3
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Talking I go for the heavy stuff.....

Little Debbie....snack cakes...Boston Cream Rolls and Cosmic Brownies are the two faves right now...the bakery thrift store is only three blocks from work and for $2.80 I can enjoy so many calorie-laden goodies that taste so cosmically good, that it would make your head spin...I spread them out over the day...about 14 snack cakes spread out over a ten hour day isn't too bad, but....my size 52 pants are getting...just...ugh....a tad...tight! LOL
Timmy
Old 10-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Cannibal
On Timeout

Cannibal has said some nice things

At my place of employment, there are three snack bowls and all get used liberally. Today my snack of choice was six mini-reeses and six packets of SweetTarts. In retrospect, the SweetTarts were probably a mistake. I was wired all day.
Cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have to watch my sugar so I have removed most of my favorites, but I keep Wasabi Peas, string cheese and carrots with hummus at the office. Boring I know, I miss my donut days.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hmm...I have 2 drawers and a cabinet. lol

Oh, and my officemate and I got a fridge - which only we use.

I've got pistachios, great oatmeal, tuna, pork rinds, "snap pea crisps" (which are snap peas coated in rice flour and cooked till it becomes a snack chip. I love 'em!), oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cereal, string cheese (the real stuff, not that kiddie stuff), spicy lupins, full fat yogurt, crackers, little bonbel cheeses, gourmet hard candies, beef jerky, baby carrots, various granola bars and jelly belly jelly beans.

There's more but that's all that comes to mind quickly.

I will confess that I do eat breakfast when I get to work, so lots of that stuff I eat for breakfast. And I don't usually go out to lunch. So I am not sure this stuff counts as simply snack foods. It's more like "graze all day" foods?

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:35 PM   #7
naturalGainer09
On Timeout

naturalGainer09 has said some nice things
Default :)

well um Im only 19 and so I work a part time job and I work at Dairy Queen So yeah...right now im loving the banana cream pie blizzard and the moolatte's :-)
naturalGainer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Pepsi

I take care to make sure the small refrigerator at work is well stocked with it. The colder the better. When it's gone, the day is over.
Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:24 AM   #9
Delaney

Man, I envy you folks with private fridges....anything in our fridge past lunch time is considered free game, so I've learned my lesson there. I'm doing well if my quart of cream (for coffee, of course!) with my name plastered all over it makes it more than a couple of days. I swear, we need a video camera there to catch the theives!

And nG, working at an ice cream shoppe is the BEST. My family actually ran a small place when I was a teenager, where we made our own super-premium ice cream (comparable to B&J ice cream). They say once you work at an ice cream place (or pizza, or pick your food), you get sick of the treats there. NOT TRUE! I literally had summers where I had ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a regular basis. *sigh* Boy, do I miss those days now.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:36 AM   #10
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

They have this mountian mix stuff in the vending machine here that I LOVE that has m&m's, yogurt chips, sunflower seeds, raisins, almonds, coconut, and some other stuff. Other than that the food around here is crap. Someone cast a wicked diet spell around here years ago so everyone staggers around like they've had the blood drained right out of them. It's scary.

Hasn't effected me at all though! I bring tacos, meatalls, fetuccini, barbecue chicken, Manwhiches, etc. and drive the ladies crazy with the microwave smells at lunch time. Fun fun fun!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 05:59 AM   #11
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I usually carry around sunflower seeds or pistachio nuts. Pot cheese too, which isn't a diet thing, I just always liked the taste. I have a great weakness for dairy products.

Last edited by MissToodles; 10-05-2005 at 06:31 AM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:43 AM   #12
naturalGainer09
On Timeout

naturalGainer09 has said some nice things
Default :)

LOL none of the girls i work with are sick of icecream and some have worked there for up to 5 years. Me Ive been there for 3 and I still love it! mmm

I also love chips and salsa
naturalGainer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #13
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't keep too much at work to snack on, for the simple reason that although I love food and enjoy being fat I'm still trying to control my weight....and I suck at resisting temptation!

I do have a bag of dark chocolate wafers--the round kind that they sell in the bulk food stores, designed for cooking with. Two or three of those in the afternoon deal with my chocolate cravings, and they are pretty decent chocolate (and reasonably priced).

For times when I cannot survive without some sort of food, I also have a package of rye crisps. No, I don't particularly like rye crisps, which is why I have them here--I know I'll only eat them if very hungry!

--Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:30 AM   #14
swamptoad

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default list of snacks i go for (not all at once)

hot and spicy pork skins, hot peanuts, beef jerky, zebra cakes, snickers, 3 musketeers, butterfingers, nacho cheese/ cool ranch doritos, pringles sour cream, pillsbury baked chocolate chip cookies

sprite, sweat tea, dr. pepper, milk, H20, coca-cola classic, fruit punch
Old 10-06-2005, 04:43 PM   #15
ChickletsBBW
Mostly a Voyeur :)

ChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this board

skittles, popcorn, twizlers.. ummm.. sometimes i'll bring some dill pickles (the small mini type) more so of a finger food lol
um... i've been known to have a can of pringles too ;D
ChickletsBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #16
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Instant oatmeal, cheese sticks, beef jerky, and pretzels. If I get my act together before coming to work, I'll often bring half an apple with peanut butter, too.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #17
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Carrots, yogurt smoothies, fruit, string cheese.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #18
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Question Color me clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I usually carry around sunflower seeds or pistachio nuts. Pot cheese too, which isn't a diet thing, I just always liked the taste. I have a great weakness for dairy products.

I have to ask, what is Pot cheese?
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #19
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default :cool: Office Snack List

Lately I've been on an almond kick, Blue Diamond has released a couple of new flavors that I can't get enough of: 1) Smoked Jalopeno, and 2) Wabasi and Soy Sauce.

I also keep on hand: Peppered, Teriyaki, and BBQ Jerky; Chex Mix; Flamin' Hot Cheetos (I wish they'd make a Flamin' Hot Doritos), Reg. and Wasabi Funyuns, Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Cookies, Double Stuff Oreos, and esp. this time of year, A big bag of the "Fun Size" Mars candy bars.

I'm also a sucker for Toosie Rolls.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #20
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Actually i don't do the work snack thing(strangly enough, seeing as how I work in a restaurant!) I will eat a meal, but i can't do the snacky thing, as the job is so physical that if I'm full or bloated, it's hard to move fast like I need to, not to mention, then I'm miserable.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:38 AM   #21
Delaney

Just a funny work snack story....when I'm analysing data or a report, I tend to snack on sunflower seeds....the repitive activity helps me think, I guess. Well, one of my co-workers was on the phone whilst I was snacking such, and all of the sudden *pa-twang* - a pen cap hit me in the back of the head. LOL My cracking of the shells was distracting her while she was on the phone.