Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Everyday Food Pics - Part II - keep snapping!! :D

Steak and Potato night at Fuzzy's!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steak.jpg (39.9 KB, 8788 views)
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Ooooh my goodness..... I want all that.... now.

Ohhhhh boy.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's what I really like about my George Foreman Grill... Steak in 9 minutes or less...

Pity it takes an hour to bake the potato. (And like my skins crisp-ity)
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
That is a monster sized potato! looks yummy.. i should make baked potatoes sometime..
Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Sometimes, there is a local farmer's market where I can get big 50lb burlap sacks of idaho russets. Some are a big as a football, and makes me wonder what happens to these size potatoes that are much too big for any one person to eat.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Brand new thread, kids..... let's keep 'em coming!!!

And for nostalgia's sake, the first thread is here:
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...d.php?p=500920
Old 07-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
SummerG
summer.bigcuties.com

SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i always take pics for this thread but don't get around to posting them... so I'm gonna add this one to make sure I get notice when new pics are up yay!

7-11 lunch

Spoil Me! http://amzn.com/w/2KHXXPNUCN9EC
SummerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #8
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

SummerG, that's some amazing still life photography
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #9
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Escalope Latinum style

A friend visiting me brought lots of good Italian salami and pecorino cheese, more than i can eat just with bread. So i seared escalopes, topped them with salami, pecorino and tomatoes, plus some rosemary and left them in the oven another 5 mins. Was very pleased with the result.

Latinum BTW is an Italian province (Roma its capital) from where this recipe is coming from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Escalope-Latinum_SW.jpg (97.0 KB, 8351 views)
Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tonight I had Chinese takeaway since my groceries didnt arrive (They said they'd tried to deliver but I wasnt here, liars!) . I had sesame prawn toasts - please excuse the rubbish photo, you can hardly see them, there were eight pieces. Then I had chicken noodle soup which tasted better than it looks. Then I was supposed to have beef with green pepper in black bean sauce but it came with red pepper and carrot too, and rather annoyingly lots and lots of tiny pieces of very hot green chili which shouldn't be in that dish! It was all okay, no more than that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prawntoast.JPG (26.4 KB, 7613 views)
File Type: jpg noodlesoup1.JPG (32.4 KB, 7417 views)
File Type: jpg beefgreenpepper2.JPG (43.2 KB, 7247 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sometimes we have dessert for dinner. Because we're adults and we can!

A chocolate mousse and a mini chocolate covered cannoli.

Interior shot of chocolate mousse.

boyfriend's carrot cake mousse.

his brownie
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
That's what I really like about my George Foreman Grill... Steak in 9 minutes or less...

Pity it takes an hour to bake the potato. (And like my skins crisp-ity)
does the meat stay tender?

Last edited by AnnMarie; 07-20-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: signature rule violation
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #13
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post

his brownie

Ja sa baaa bubbb bbbbubbbubuu..... *drool* (speechless with glee!)
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
volatile

volatile does more than just post hot picsvolatile does more than just post hot picsvolatile does more than just post hot picsvolatile does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post

his brownie
GAH! Your killing me! lol
volatile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #15
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

MissT...

My goodness. That looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wanna taste everything!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:48 PM   #16
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
MissT...

My goodness. That looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wanna taste everything!
Randi: I agree- Now Miss T... where is this wonderful pastry shop
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #17
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWDREAMLOVER View Post
does the meat stay tender?
Well.. I did marinate it...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:05 PM   #18
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Here's our grilled chicken dinner, with beans and corn and stuffing with chicken gravy.. shortly before I realized that a broken pipe from the sprinkler system was flooding the basement... but at least we enjoyed a hot meal beforehand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chicken.jpg (50.4 KB, 6374 views)
Old 07-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default Syrian Lentils in a Spicy Tomato Sauce

Syrian Lentils in a Spicy Tomato Sauce

1 cup dried red or brown lentils, rinsed
4 cups water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28oz) can peeled tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a medium saucepan, combine the lentils and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the lentils are tender but still retain their shape, about 30 minutes. Do not drain.

In another saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are golden. Add the lentils and cooking liquid.
Run a knife throught the can of tomatoes to chop and add without draining, to the lentils along with the tomato paste. Add the cumin, allspice, coriander, and paprika. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
(shown in picture: over rice, couscous, and steamed veggies. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lentils.jpg (51.2 KB, 6155 views)
Old 07-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #20
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
A friend visiting me brought lots of good Italian salami and pecorino cheese, more than i can eat just with bread. So i seared escalopes, topped them with salami, pecorino and tomatoes, plus some rosemary and left them in the oven another 5 mins. Was very pleased with the result.

Latinum BTW is an Italian province (Roma its capital) from where this recipe is coming from.
marry me?

or adopt me, i don't care, as long as i have access to your cooking
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:47 AM   #21
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ham egg and cheese sandwich

boyfriend's warm and delicious apple fritter

his delicious fresh mozzarella and prosciutto sandwich. It came with a side of antipasto salad. mmmm magical piggy goodness.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:50 AM   #22
MissToodles
dead peasant

The bakery photos were done at a local bakery. Actually, it's not really the greatest bakery but you can sit down and have a cup of coffee.

Fuzzy, did you soak your lentils beforehand? Or did you cook them according to the recipe?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:41 AM   #23
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieQ View Post
marry me?

or adopt me, i don't care, as long as i have access to your cooking
Hey! Get in the queue, there are at least twenty of us in front of you!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #24
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Fuzzy, did you soak your lentils beforehand? Or did you cook them according to the recipe?
As directed by the recipe.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #25
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This thread is so tempting and everything looks so good!

This is my brunch today:

A chicken salad sandwich, made with left over indian chicken with cut up purple onion, almond pieces, halved red grapes, a tiny bit of sea salt, pepper, low-fat plain greek yogurt and Veganaise on Orowheat's Health Nut bread, which has just the right amount of sunflower seeds and various nuts.

Low-sodium spelt pretzels and a bowl of fruit, which includes blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, rainier cherries and the rest of the bunch of grapes that were left over from making the chicken salad.

Good Earth green tea, brewed in the sun.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures