Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #51
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh man....Pan and EP...those are wonderful pics...superb job you taters!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #52
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
E.P. if that shrimp thingy is a recipe of yours..PUUULLLZZZEE post it. I am slobbering (that is worse that a drool) all over my keyboard..
It is just a throw together thing....

3/4 pound cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2 lb fresh small mozzarella balls - these were the marinated in olive oil, and spices.
3-5 large basil leaves
two medium tomatoes

Toss all together, after chopping basil, and seeding and slicing tomatoes. Add enough of the marinade from the mozzarella, to coat (if it is a good one or substitute, olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and maybe some minced garlic - go light it can overpower)

A liberal shake of kosher salt -
Right before serving, about 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.

You can let it sit for a while or serve right away ....

Light and fresh- make sure you have some bread to catch the extra spicy olive oil.

thanks for the comments everyone....
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #53
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Definately Food Pr0n!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #54
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This is a dinner from 2 weeks ago. (I have been on vacation)
Elk fry, fried potaotes, fresh corn.. .mmmm

IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #55
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
This is a dinner from 2 weeks ago. (I have been on vacation)
Elk fry, fried potaotes, fresh corn.. .mmmm

*packs bags for Idaho* I'll bring some dessert okay?
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #56
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
*packs bags for Idaho* I'll bring some dessert okay?
It's a deal! I only have a few more packages of elk and venison though so hurry.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #57
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

This is last nights dinner. A big ol mushroom burger.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #58
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
This is last nights dinner. A big ol mushroom burger.

wow..what kind of cheese is that and how did you prepare the mushrooms

That looks AWESOME..lol
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #59
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
and P.S. I can't stop staring at that shrimp.
THAT shrimp? The one at the 1 o'clock position is my favorite one
Old 07-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #60
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Though the shrimp at the 1 o'clock position is an eye catcher... I think I favor the one at the 5 o'clock position. Look at its little tail sticking up there, asking to be picked up and eaten.

Last edited by IdahoCynth; 07-29-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #61
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
wow..what kind of cheese is that and how did you prepare the mushrooms

That looks AWESOME..lol

That is 3 slices of Kraft american cheese melted to perfection. The mushrooms were fresh and cooked in the pan I fried the hamburger in. After the mushrooms where cooked I added a dash of heavy cream and stirred the mushrooms, pan drippings and cream until the cream thickened it up a bit.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #62
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

More experiments today The day before i had bought organic chicory but the stupid grocery store sold it only in sealed big packages. I always hate it when they're doing that. Anyways, what to do with leftover chicory? Finally decided to spread the leaves in a casserole dish and put it in the stove for 5 mins. Then i added fried ready bought cevapcici (my original plan had been to buy ground meat but the butcher had closed already), chili onions and sliced tomatoes on top, plus a few dashes of olive oil. The result was quite nice actually. Doesn't it look like tasting very hot even on the pic? LOL But it wasn't THAT hot

The salad BTW was chicory and carrots in kinda Indian salad dressing which is very easy to make:
Grate a piece of ginger root, add natural yogurt, a few dashes of worcester sauce and lemon juice plus a bit of salt and very little sugar. It's simple as that. Found that on a German salad dressings board. And after the great response it got there i tried it myself. Was well worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicory-n-cevap.jpg (85.9 KB, 610 views)
Old 07-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #63
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Though the shrimp at the 1 o'clock position is an eye catcher... I think I favor the one at the 5 o'clock position. Look at its little tail sticking up there, asking to be picked up and eaten.
Nooo, you're both wrong, it's the one at 17 minutes past three that gets my vote, so juicy looking!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #64
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Nooo, you're both wrong, it's the one at 17 minutes past three that gets my vote, so juicy looking!
What is wrong with you people? It is just mean to show favoritism. EP, just give me all the shrimp, and don't pay attention to these judgemental folks. I want all my shrimp to feel good about themselves...

...on their way down to my tummy.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #65
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Some goodies from the farmer's market: Fresh mozzarella and jersey tomatoes! Rosemary focaccia bread, fresh basil, a little olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 07-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #66
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Last week I headed to my friend Linda's to try out my new "Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker". Linda wanted to make something with Kahlua so we made "Kahlua-ritas" (Kahlua and cream slushies, basically!)

Here's the machine. See the ice on top? I should have snapped a pic of the shaved ice it makes once you turn it on. But it happens so fast. Below you can see that after the shaved ice is added, it blends the drink perfectly.

Here's the finished product. YUMMMMMMMMM. We made a few.

I tested it to see if it could make a root beer float slushie. I used cream, root beer and the shaved ice. Unfortunately the ice clumped up and it was too watery. But it looks good, doesn't it?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #67
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Last week I headed to my friend Linda's to try out my new "Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker". Linda wanted to make something with Kahlua so we made "Kahlua-ritas" (Kahlua and cream slushies, basically!)

Here's the machine. See the ice on top? I should have snapped a pic of the shaved ice it makes once you turn it on. But it happens so fast. Below you can see that after the shaved ice is added, it blends the drink perfectly.

Here's the finished product. YUMMMMMMMMM. We made a few.

I tested it to see if it could make a root beer float slushie. I used cream, root beer and the shaved ice. Unfortunately the ice clumped up and it was too watery. But it looks good, doesn't it?
It all looks good! I am a pushover for kitchen gadgets and I now want a
"Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker".
Old 07-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #68
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
[/CENTER]
YES! Perfect for a summer day (or night), Randi.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #69
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

After we drank all afternoon, Linda threw some goodies on the BBQ.

I think this hot dog did more than plump when she cooked it!

A naked cheeseburger.

Linda's hubby Bob grows cherry tomatoes. They are killer!

I don't know why I had the urge to photograph the corn...

It just looked so perfect. And you know what? It was the BEST corn I've ever eaten. I stopped at the farm market on my way there to pick it up and it was soooooo delicious! I am spoiled forever now.

My plate.

Dessert - decadent chocolate cake on the left and black forrest cake on the right.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #70
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OhmigoodnessRandi that is so what I need in my life right now.
I really am drooling. And I just ate cake!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #71
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Here's the cake! It's not exactly pretty, but it's so good.

Shoulda used a little more preserves, I think. But I was worried it would slide. OH DARN! Guess I'm just gonna have to go make another cake!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #72
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i want everything on this page. please.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #73
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
Here's the cake! It's not exactly pretty, but it's so good. ...
ummmm...you don't think that cake is pretty??? omg, I think it's amazing. Look at that frosting!!! And the inside looks so moist. And...and...and...

I need cake.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #74
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

Quote:
ummmm...you don't think that cake is pretty??? omg, I think it's amazing. Look at that frosting!!! And the inside looks so moist. And...and...and...

I need cake.
I'm a little messy with the frosting, and a little too eager to eat cake, so I didn't have time to wipe the plate, lol.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #75
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i want everything on this page. please.

For real!! SoVerySoft & out.of.habit you're killing me here!! I'll take that mozzarella and tomatoes on focaccia please,followed by a slice of out.of.habits's cake for dessert.

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.”
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures