Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 AM   #1
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Double Pounder Mac attack

Quote:

MONSTER-SIZED McDonald's hamburgers stuffed with up to eight meat patties and nine slices of cheese have been slammed as "a heart attack waiting to happen".

Some of the fast-food chains sell super-sized Quarter Pounders, which contain about 220g of fat and 11,500kJ each, on request.

The "double pounder" is the equivalent of more than three days' worth of fat for a grown man - or almost five Pizza Hut deep-pan Hawaiian pizzas or 45 Tim Tams.

At about $18, it is not listed on the menu, nor under nutritional information.

It has developed a cult following as a challenge for teenagers, after a video was posted online of a 17-year-old boy ploughing his way through the burger at a McDonald's restaurant.

Rival chain Hungry Jacks is also allowing customers to order mega-burgers under its Have It Your Way ordering system.

Nutrition Australia senior nutritionist Aloysa Hourigan described the double pounder as "obscene" and a "heart attack waiting to happen".
That, is going overboard?
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:32 AM   #2
qwertyman173
Andy from UK

qwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this board

As a one off treat it would not do too much harm. And I do not think that many people would eat that on a daily basis. Since it is not on the menu they are not really promoting it. I think the reaction is a bit over the top.
qwertyman173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

That looks delicious but I would be stuffed, and have to go and lay down...for the rest of the day. Maybe the next day, too!
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Personally, just looking at the photo makes my gut clench up.

But how is that any different from people ordering multiple burgers for a meal? Aside from not having the extra buns, it's not really different, is it? People are going to eat as much or as little as they want, regardless of how they have to order it. In other words, if you usually eat a two patty burger, having the new option of an eight patty burger is not going to make you order one. But if you order three or four two patty burgers, then you're already eating that much food so you'd just be skipping the extra buns and still getting what you want and you'd think it was a good idea and go for it.

Tracy
Old 08-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #5
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm afraid to look at that...I mean, how would you eat it without it falling apart in your hands.

As a serious burger lover, I'm curious to try it once, though.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote