Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #151
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlm View Post
POI..holy shit..I mean, I had to try it, but it tasted like paste. Who the fuck came up with that stuff....ick!!
LOL sounds like the sound you'd make hurling it out!
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #152
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Anyone ever have ptooey?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #153
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Cornbread

Ordinarily I love cornbread, but the batch that my best friend's mother made was definitely off. I suspect that it was years past the expiration date. I was so lucky that she left the room and my friend's dog Chumley, a Great Dane mix, was willing to take it off my hands.

Last edited by Gordo Mejor; 11-03-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:13 AM   #154
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus View Post
I'm not so sure about that.

When I was 18, my father got on a "health food" kick. For a while, we bought a lot of food from the local Seventh Day Adventist church - they're vegetarians and had a small store in their church basement. Some of the stuff wasn't bad, but the meatless hot dogs in a can were inedible.

And then Dad bought a 50-pound bag of soybeans. And in an attempt to make something with them, he made a batch of stuffed peppers. That's green peppers, stuffed with soybeans - and nothing else.

Shortly after that disaster, Dad went back to being a carnivore.....

I've seen the canned veggie dogs, but have never tried them. I don't like most things canned anyway, but those just seem way too close to Vienna sausages, bleh.

As for the 50lbs of soybeans, I don't know what on earth I would do with that much! Seems your dad didn't either

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #155
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ok, sooooo not trying to dis on my homeboy James because normally he makes awesome food. But the other day he asked if I wanted anything for breakfast. I said a cheese omlette sounds good. I asked if he knew how to make one and he said yes. Also knowing he likes to add little extras to food to experiment, I said Cheese only please. lol Well bless his heart for trying, he brought back to me a browned scrambled egg looking dish with bits of tomoatos and garlic in it. Couldn't taste the cheese either. I felt bad, because I couldn't eat it. He happily ate it himself though. But I made it my goal to teach him how to make a proper omlette the next day. Which he did extremely well at! Yum.

Last edited by BigCutieSasha; 11-05-2007 at 04:58 AM.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #156
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Woohoo! Omelette Skills! When will he graduate to crepes?
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #157
Trisha
Lard of the Rings

Trisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTrisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Are you sure it wasn't Rumaki? Rumaki is liver and waterchestnuts in soy sauce and brown sugar (or ginger), wrapped in bacon.

Maybe the eyeball texture was actually the liver?

I'm sure that doesn't make you like it any better. lol
Nah, it was just plain ol' water chestnuts. Had there been liver in them, they would have never crossed my lips! They were made by the wife of one of my bosses for the company picnic and I was told, "You HAVE to try these, they're SO good!" so being newly hired I took a few and was unpleasantly horrifed by them. This was four years ago and so far they haven't reappeared for any subsequent picnics, which is odd because everyone else really did seem to enjoy them.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #158
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Beets.

Beets just make me gag. I don't know why but I just can not eat beets.

My grandmother once made me try a sip of borscht and I almost puked. Totally nasty.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #159
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Lutefisk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Haven't read the whole thread but if no one has yet mentioned this gustatory travesty you are all a fortunate and blissfully ignorant lot. I would rather let a dyspeptic water buffalo fed on rancid compost crap in my mouth than allow myself to be in the same room with this Swedish swill!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #160
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
This is sure to be a controversial post, but, I really dislike the green bean casserole soup mush with onion thingies on top. The smell, sight, texture and viscosity of it just squicks me right out.
I'm right there with you!! I hate green beans period - everyone keeps saying "Oh you haven't had the right kind" believe me I've had it made with real bacon......onions..........casseroles.......every which way I put it in my mouth and have to spit it out before I literally throw up. Peas are the same......the way they "pop".......grossssss!!!! I hate them!!
CandySmooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #161
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ok so here are most things I hate

Sweet Pickles or Pickle Relish (Dill is the only way to go)
Cucumbers
Cantaloupe (any melons)
Liver has been mentioned but no one mentioned LIVERWURST!! Spreadable liver - Gross!
ALL REAL ONIONS (exceptions are Dried Minced, Lipton onion dip, FUNYANS or ONION RINGS dipped in ketchup.)
Tomatoes (excluding Fried Green)
Beets, Turnips, Radishes
Any kinda peppers (green, yellow, red)
Water chestnuts
Jello w/ chunks - reminds me of vomit......

That Chopped Suey crap that comes in a can - my mom used to make it with rice served with those crispy noodles when I was little - hated it!

Any kind of canned meat or pasta including Spaghetti O's & Vienna Sausages EXCEPT SPAM - I can handle it when its fried crispy like Bacon mmmmmm.

My ex's mothers spaghetti - she used ketchup and sugar - wayyyyyyyy too much sugar to wear it was soooooo sweet and tasted NOTHING like spaghetti sauce. He LOVED it - it was disgusting!

A co-worker wanted me to stop & pick up a bag of White Castle burgers on my way into work (30 minute drive) and I had never tried one, but from the stench of nasty grease & friend onions that was making me gag in my car for a solid week after - I'd never be able to.

Ghoulash........just the word sounds like you threw up in your mouth. Another disgusting concoction of just gunk. When I hear Ghoulash I steer clear!

My mom is a health nut, I enjoy some things to her extent. She got me hooked on SoyMilk so I thought I'd try her other soy products. BIG mistake SOY dogs and SOY Cheese are AWFUL!!

I also was brave and tried veal parmesean at a upscale restaurant - I thought it would taste like beef, but the taste was soooo odd I couldn't eat more than just one bite. It was so gross and then I felt bad after finding out it was a baby calf.

I tried 4 cheese ziti from Olive Garden - it looked like vomit and tasted like it too. The ziti was mush and the 4 cheese sauce was pinkish orange with chunks of something green - I sent it back and had it taken off the bill.
CandySmooch is offline   Reply With Quote