Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #51
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
OH yeah, I JUST made my first batch of the season last week, and man it was SOOOOO good... ugh, I think I'm going to have to make more today... now I'm wanting it.
AnnMarie - Puhleeeze can you post the recipe? Or email me, if you'd prefer.

I am gathering recipes for Thanksgiving one by one. And I want each one to have a story behind it. This one would be "AnnMarie's Chowdah". Sounds like a good story to me!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:07 PM   #52
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
AnnMarie - Puhleeeze can you post the recipe? Or email me, if you'd prefer.

I am gathering recipes for Thanksgiving one by one. And I want each one to have a story behind it. This one would be "AnnMarie's Chowdah". Sounds like a good story to me!

Here is the link to the original recipe:

Chick. Corn Chowdah

This was based on a small crockpot. I've since upgraded to a 6 quart, and had to ammend parts of the recipe so it wouldn't burn, would make more, etc. If you need a different version, just let me know.

Also, I no longer include the cream of potato soup, so you can skip that part if you want and maybe add a little more broth or something.

Enjoy!!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:25 PM   #53
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Kozy Shack chocolate pudding with cool whip.

Nummmmy!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 PM   #54
MissMirandaRae

MissMirandaRae can now change their title

I had some steak (cheep cut of meat though for this broke girl)marinated in terriaki sauce and some some shrimp cooked in lemon garlic sauce.
MissMirandaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #55
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

...popcorn!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #56
Les Toil
On Timeout

Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
This is a completely made up concoction, but I love it and eat it about 2 times a week.

You need:
  • 1 can of shelled beans (or pink/light red kidney beans, but I preferred shelled)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (I use roasted garlic or onion variety, but NOT italian herb or something, NOT the right flavor)
  • 1 kielbasa (I use light because I'm not such a fan of the super grease, but it's up to you)
  • Cooked rice (I use white, and I cook about 2 cups of the raw rice, so whatever that equals cooked
  • 1 large can of chicken broth (48 oz)
  • sweet onion
  • minced garlic

Combine broth, can of tomatoes, can of beans, pepper, onion powder*, garlic powder* into large soup pot (like a big kettle, it makes a bunch), boil and or simmer while you prepare the rest.

I cut the kielbasa in half down the middle (long way) and then I cut each half into 1/4 inch or so strips. That way they are sort of bite-size half moons in the soup. You can do it whatever way you want. You're going to heat/lightly brown the kielbasa, some diced onion, and minced garlic in a frying pan. You can use as much or as little of them as you'd like, but I usually use about a tablespoon of garlic, and a large diced wedge of onion. When everything is heated, onions are getting wet/translucent, you can stop cooking and add everything to the pot.

When the rice is done, you add that in to the pot as well. I usually add it about half, then a little more and keep stiring until I have a good broth/stuff ratio... again, totally up to you how wet or thick you'd like it.

I usually cook it about 20 more mins (simmer) so the rice can soak up a bit more broth and set all the ingredients together... then eat it!

Hope that makes sense, I've never had to break it all down as I just sort of threw it all in a pan one day and kept doing it since then!

****drooool*****

Jeeziz friggin' cripes AM, I'm hungry AND aroused. God, that sounds gooood. And please tell me you're preparing this keilbasa soup wearing nothing more than an Hello Kitty apron, your sexy librarian glass, and a smile.
Les Toil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:48 PM   #57
Les Toil
On Timeout

Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Les Toil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

By the way, I'm stuffing my cake hole with smoked salmon on cheddar Triskets and I'm washing it down with Crystal Light (pink lemonade) while looking at an old episode of Good Times from this first season DVD box set I got for damn-near free at Walmart.

Oh, and I got my salmon at Trader Joe's too. Smoke salmon ain't cheap ya know. A piece the size of a men's wallet will set you back 12.00.

And speaking of Trader Joe's, raise your hand if you're koo-koo for Trader Joe's Mochi Balls. Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnn, those are gooooooooodddd. I like the strawberry.
Les Toil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 AM   #58
MissMirandaRae

MissMirandaRae can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Toil
By the way, I'm stuffing my cake hole with smoked salmon on cheddar Triskets and I'm washing it down with Crystal Light (pink lemonade) while looking at an old episode of Good Times from this first season DVD box set I got for damn-near free at Walmart.

Oh, and I got my salmon at Trader Joe's too. Smoke salmon ain't cheap ya know. A piece the size of a men's wallet will set you back 12.00.

And speaking of Trader Joe's, raise your hand if you're koo-koo for Trader Joe's Mochi Balls. Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnn, those are gooooooooodddd. I like the strawberry.

you know crystal light pink lemonade is super good if you make it with 1 less cup of water then required.. it has a stronger not so watery tast.. yum.
MissMirandaRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:26 AM   #59
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Wink Ummm Sandie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie S-R
The grandson was here this weekend, and we made caramel apples this afternoon. I also made some homemade caramel nut candy. Yummmmmmmm!!

Great fall treat!!

I'd like some of your homemade caramel nut candy!
Right now, Please!
Soundy very yummy!

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #60
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:

****drooool*****

Jeeziz friggin' cripes AM, I'm hungry AND aroused. God, that sounds gooood. And please tell me you're preparing this keilbasa soup wearing nothing more than an Hello Kitty apron, your sexy librarian glass, and a smile.
LOL... it's not just good, it's fan-freakin'-tastic. I've been eating it like it's going out of style for about 5 months... not kidding.

As for the cooking clothes, the best I can do for you is underwear, hair in a ponytail, librarian glasses, and a HUGE oversized zip up hoodie that goes to mid-thigh. That's my "at home" outfit. In the winter it's the same, but add on some pj pants.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #61
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:

Glad to see another person on the Crystal Light train, there are a LOT of us!!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #62
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Yeah, Crystal Light

Is Crystal Light made with Splenda? Just Curious...

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #63
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
Oh, I like soy milk, Tina, so you probably wouldn't like oat either. I started using it around five years ago when I suddenly had super high cholesterol. I almost never drink it plain tho, just in coffee or cereal.
I like soy, rice and oat milk, in that order. Soy and rice are good mixed too. Rice is kinda thin. Oat for some reason sucks in coffee. I vary 'em 'cos too much soy makes me allergic. Forget comparing them with cow's milk - it's just different.
I drink soymilk too due to lactose intolerance. But nothing beats real half & half for coffee. I figure if it's only a little each day... So far, so good!
Have you ever tried Almond Milk? Now that';s creamy!!
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:27 PM   #64
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with corn! yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm This is my favorite comfort food. And I seem to be eating Meatloaf everyday now for a week. Hmmmmmm Wonder why?

And then I'm gonna hve some homemade walnut honey cookies. They taste just like Baklava. OH YUM!
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #65
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

The new pan pizza from Papa Johns. Very very yummy - with onions, mushrooms, sausage, peppers and extra cheese.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #66
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
Is Crystal Light made with Splenda? Just Curious...

~Allie
Nope, good ol' fashioned aspartame.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #67
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_obese_girl
Have you ever tried almond milk? When I first heard about it my first thought was "Uh, no thanks". But I tried it and it tastes really good. Plus almonds have the good kind of fat that helps people lower their cholesterol and triglycerides.
Yeah, I have but it's been a few years now and I hardly remember it. (I think it was more expensive and that was the main reason I didn't get more.) Time to try it again.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #68
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You should really try bubble tea that consists of almond milk and black tea. To die for, really!
Old 10-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #69
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked
I drink soymilk too due to lactose intolerance. But nothing beats real half & half for coffee. I figure if it's only a little each day... So far, so good!
Have you ever tried Almond Milk? Now that';s creamy!!
Actually for a while I was drinking coffee black out of choice so I guess I didn't miss half & half a bit, but after a while the acid from the coffee got to be too much.
Gonna try almond milk again soon.

Last edited by Santaclear; 10-06-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Santaclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #70
conradb212

conradb212 has said some nice things

Per your moderator's request (SoVerySoft), I changed the name of the board and moved this thread from the Weight Board to this board.
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #71
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sandie and I are enjoying some homemade pecan brittle. It's Sandie's recipe, made with honey instead of sugar. And we're thinking about marketing it, because it's so good.

Old 10-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #72
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Talking I am enjoying....

...at this very moment....delicious rice and cottage cheese casserole with corn and yummy green beans! There is also a salade' with feta cheese and some olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing with my name on it in the fridge....hey, a gainer and gluttone' I may be, but do eat rather healthily and enjoy my greens..delicioso! There will be a pound of fettucine in a bit! Bon appetit!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:20 AM   #73
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Its late, and so I'm just snacking. Dark Chocolate Kisses and Nutter Butter.