Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #1
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Important Question

Conrad, I think it might be important to put a sticky thread with the rules for this board too.

For example, paysite girls are probably not allowed to put their signatures in their posts here and being the signatures are global for all sites, unless they unselect the signature box before submitting their post, their links will show. Which I believe is a no no from the original board rules.

Hugs,
Heather
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #2
conradb212

conradb212 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBBW
Conrad, I think it might be important to put a sticky thread with the rules for this board too.

For example, paysite girls are probably not allowed to put their signatures in their posts here and being the signatures are global for all sites, unless they unselect the signature box before submitting their post, their links will show. Which I believe is a no no from the original board rules.
Good point. I need to look into that. vBulletin has so many options that I may be able to come up with a solution. For now, I think the sigs will show up in all forums.
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

They will show up everywhere but this can be worked around. As in my post above and this post, I just unchecked the box that says "show signature" before I hit submit post.

I just think it is important that the rules be posted in this forum and that paysite girls know, because I think that we may have some shady characters that try to infiltrate this board with their links to gain more exposure, which I think would be unfair to the people of this board and the true nature of the board itself as you see it.

Hugs,
Heather
Old 09-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's also an option in each person's profile to put a home page, too, so it's not like people won't be able to know they have a site; it just won't be in the sig.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
There's also an option in each person's profile to put a home page, too, so it's not like people won't be able to know they have a site; it just won't be in the sig.
Agreed, but people will have to actually look at their profile and click on it to get that information without it being thrown in their face by just viewing their posting.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:42 PM   #6
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

True. It would be nice if there were certain behaviors that could be assigned to each board and the way it displays member info, but that kind of seems unlikely.

BTW, I hear you and John give great parties. Wish Big and I could have made it to SF this last summer. I know you're used to organizing bashes and such, but it must have been a huge undertaking to coordinate a convention. Kudos to you for that.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
True. It would be nice if there were certain behaviors that could be assigned to each board and the way it displays member info, but that kind of seems unlikely.

BTW, I hear you and John give great parties. Wish Big and I could have made it to SF this last summer. I know you're used to organizing bashes and such, but it must have been a huge undertaking to coordinate a convention. Kudos to you for that.
Unlikely probably, but I would hate to see people take advantage of Conrad's generosity not to mention time in setting up this new board. It would be nice to people post in other areas besides the paysite board because they want to post and not to chalk up some advertising. So we will see how it plays out.

Thanks! I hear the same thing but I continually strive to make our dances as best as they can me. AnnMarie is truly the one who keeps me and the dances glued together, she gets very little credit and she deserves most of it

SF was great and the convention was great. I hope that the changes we implemented will bring a renewed spirit into the naafa convention. Only time will tell

Hugs,
Heather
Old 09-29-2005, 11:37 PM   #8
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wouldn't mind the paysite gals putting an ad link in their sigs, just as long as they advertise it as such.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBBW
Unlikely probably, but I would hate to see people take advantage of Conrad's generosity not to mention time in setting up this new board. It would be nice to people post in other areas besides the paysite board because they want to post and not to chalk up some advertising. So we will see how it plays out.

Thanks! I hear the same thing but I continually strive to make our dances as best as they can me. AnnMarie is truly the one who keeps me and the dances glued together, she gets very little credit and she deserves most of it

SF was great and the convention was great. I hope that the changes we implemented will bring a renewed spirit into the naafa convention. Only time will tell

Hugs,
Heather
LOL, thanks, but that's not true... you do all the hard work. I just sit there and stamp hands.... anonymously! LOL
Old 09-30-2005, 08:57 PM   #10
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf
I wouldn't mind the paysite gals putting an ad link in their sigs, just as long as they advertise it as such.

Yeah, if it worked out, it would be great, but it doesn't. We had mixture on the WB and that was what started the paysite board because there were just too many insincere and unnecessary posts going on, just so someone could get their name in another place hoping to drive traffic.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:01 PM   #11
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One could always modify the conditions and agreements of membership to specify what should and should not be in a signature. Violators get edited first, deleted second. Repeat offenders get deleted repeatedly, then eventually quit.

Part of what makes a good board is good moderation, and that means plucking out weeds from among the flowers.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote