Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 12-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #76
ZainTheInsane

ZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
BESTADVICEEVOR
I think she was being sarcastic for the most part...
ZainTheInsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #77
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainTheInsane View Post
I think she was being sarcastic for the most part...
I bet if she used punctuation every now and again, we'd know for certain.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #78
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello4me View Post
I feel for the brother looking for some blubber. The best post was the first, "runs and hides from the approaching firestorm." Knowing what was ahead in the agitated responses was great,"It's her body", etc. Let time and gravity and snacks take their toll and you'll have your ideal. Or get a fatty mistress, or fatten her up on the sly, or get her pregnant again.....
I think I repped him for it, as it made me laugh as well. Yours, however... Love your thinking- doesn't make me want to puke at all.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #79
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
I think I repped him for it, as it made me laugh as well. Yours, however... Love your thinking- doesn't make me want to puke at all.
I think we should all have a sarcasm contest.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #80
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I think we should all have a sarcasm contest.
With ideas like that you should be recruited right into MENSA.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #81
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
With ideas like that you should be recruited right into MENSA.
We recruit now?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #82
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
We recruit now?
I'd think somebody of your stellar mental capabilities would know that.

I personally am one recruit short of winning a toaster.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #83
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default RE: I miss my wifes added curves and weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
There are some men that eventually, the issue of weight can destroy their marriage. It doesn't make them any worst than any other man, just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
That seems to be a matter of opinion......
There is not a hell of lot of debate here. What you don't tend to hear to much of is the number of BBWs and SSBBWs who lose a lot of weight and lose their men. What you do hear a lot of is small women who gain a lot of weight and their husbands leave, that is not uncommon at all. A man who marries a woman that weighs 120 pounds and years later she weighs over 200 pounds, society sympathizes with his plight of having an over-weight/obese spouse and leaves her. Let a man have an SSBBW and she loses weight down to a much smaller size, he is portrayed as some sort of weirdo for not desiring a thin woman. Most men on this web board will tell you of some flak they have received because they love SSBBW's.

Adrian
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #84
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
A man who marries a woman that weighs 120 pounds and years later she weighs over 200 pounds, society sympathizes with his plight of having an over-weight/obese spouse and leaves her.
Yes, three cheers for people who leave their spouses when they get fat! Come on y'all, let's show these spouse-leavers how much we sympathize with their plight!
Old 01-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #85
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ummm - no cheers but I think you're missing Adrian's point.

I believe he is saying that there are two opposing but simlar situations - both of which are by any logical approach wrong but which do happen:
1) some people get traumatized to the point of wanting to divorce or at least not have sex with their partners because of weight gain

2) others get traumatized to the point of wanting to divorce or at least not have sex with their partners because of weight loss

The real problem is that change matters in an adverse way to some people. How we choose to deal with such change is the real issue. From the standpoint of many on this board the problem is that they have spouses who are not happy with themselves whereas they like things as they are.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #86
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
Ummm - no cheers but I think you're missing Adrian's point.

I believe he is saying that there are two opposing but simlar situations - both of which are by any logical approach wrong but which do happen:
1) some people get traumatized to the point of wanting to divorce or at least not have sex with their partners because of weight gain

2) others get traumatized to the point of wanting to divorce or at least not have sex with their partners because of weight loss

The real problem is that change matters in an adverse way to some people. How we choose to deal with such change is the real issue. From the standpoint of many on this board the problem is that they have spouses who are not happy with themselves whereas they like things as they are.
I think she understood his point perfectly, was posting a sarcastic response.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #87
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default RE: I miss my wifes added curves and weight!

Thank you Observer, well put -"A"
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #88
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Thank you, Ruby. Well said. A+

(And this time not being sarcastic.)

Observer, I think you missed my point. Adrian is claiming, in a forum where fat people congregate, that because women get left when they get too fat, we should understand that they're also liable to get left when they get too thin. He/She even suggests that we sympathize with the "plight" of the leaving spouses. Heinous and puerile BS.

Last edited by Fascinita; 01-01-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Fascinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #89
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, Adrian seems to be agreeing that I understand him, while you and Ruby seem to have a different understanding.

He was not, at least in my view, trying to generate sympathy for the likes of the jerks over at myfatspouse.com We all agree (or at least I would hope we do) that their approach is bigoted and inane.

He was simply making the case that the distress of many spouses over weight gain that we hear about is a flip side to the dilemma that a lot of FA/FFA's have to deal with. If that is the case I didn't think sarcasm was warranted. I can also see where one with a contrary interpretation might think otherwise.

The point of my post was simply to paint with clarity what I feel is the entire picture - one that I've heard repeated from all four sides for decades. We agree that leaving anyone over weight change in either direction is definitely something that shouldn't happen.

Last edited by Observer; 01-02-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #90
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
I bet if she used punctuation every now and again, we'd know for certain.

"she"

pants
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #91
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
There is not a hell of lot of debate here. What you don't tend to hear to much of is the number of BBWs and SSBBWs who lose a lot of weight and lose their men. What you do hear a lot of is small women who gain a lot of weight and their husbands leave, that is not uncommon at all. A man who marries a woman that weighs 120 pounds and years later she weighs over 200 pounds, society sympathizes with his plight of having an over-weight/obese spouse and leaves her. Let a man have an SSBBW and she loses weight down to a much smaller size, he is portrayed as some sort of weirdo for not desiring a thin woman. Most men on this web board will tell you of some flak they have received because they love SSBBW's.

Adrian
Your original post seemed to imply that it's okay to leave your spouse over weight fluctuation of some sort. To me, weight fluctuations are a part of life. I don't get why some people that think it's their "right" to leave a commitment such as marriage over some weight gain.......or loss. Six of one and a half dozen of another. There are far worse "sins" in a marriage besides weight changes.....and if weight change is the worst thing your spouse has done then you should consider yourself fortunate and hold onto your marriage, IMO.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:43 AM   #92
Brit_FA

Brit_FA can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Well that's OK but what does such a response achieve exactly?

As to Observer's rather more constructive response, I think many people, perhaps more men and certainly including me, keep eroticism and love in separate boxes. Love naturally leads you to support the loved one in becoming what they want to be. That support can't, in my case, run to being any less erotically aroused by my wife's being other than she would wish to be, but fortunately she understands this. I asked her if she feels that I actively discourage her from losing weight, and apparently I don't, which is good news. Her wishes and my support don't seem to be helping much however. This is not good since, however much I love my wife's body to be fat, she would definitely be healthier carrying less weight (asthma ETC). Anyway, just one more go round that familiar paradox.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #93
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwebb View Post
Well that's OK but what does such a response achieve exactly?
It achieves me stating my opinion, just as you've done in your post. Or is it only you who enjoys that privilege? I'm confused.