Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 06-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #51
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree, low impact like swimming, water aerobics and biking are awesome. Biking might be kinda difficult, but pools are awesome for CV at any size.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:06 AM   #52
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi Missfa

I have never seen many Fat Guys hanging out at the pool

William (doing homework)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf
I agree, low impact like swimming, water aerobics and biking are awesome. Biking might be kinda difficult, but pools are awesome for CV at any size.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #53
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
Hi Missfa

I have never seen many Fat Guys hanging out at the pool

William (doing homework)
I've been to day spas with fat guys swimmin laps. I of course, was in the shallow end, watching
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #54
PolarKat
Digital Sun tanning

PolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb
Have you tried more low impact exercise? Biking or swimming might be a little easier on those knees, and is probably just as good for you CV-wise. Most of the health benefits from weight loss come from the first 10 lbs lost, so even just a little bit will go a long way.

However, it is very difficult to argue that gaining 100 lbs in a short time is a good thing to do to your body, even for a neophyte gainer like myself. ;-)
Just you need to keep up at the gym with the gain.. from what I see people who started out in the thin category, and put on weight later, have it much harder in the physical part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf
doing lots of low impact, I've taken off a little too much last year, double of what's healty but that was mainly due to not being able to eat at all for days at a time.. now I've stopped loosing.. but.. I'm starting to sink better while swimimng so I know where the weight is comming from..

Bicycles.. that's another one.. I mean we're bombarded with the get healthy thing endlessly.. yet.. I can't find a bike that can hold <250lbs
PolarKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #55
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hey

A Trek hybrid would do the trick. I should have kept my old one in shape (not in the cold wet garage), their prices are now ridiculous!!!

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarKat

Bicycles.. that's another one.. I mean we're bombarded with the get healthy thing endlessly.. yet.. I can't find a bike that can hold <250lbs
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #56
PolarKat
Digital Sun tanning

PolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this boardPolarKat carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
Hey

A Trek hybrid would do the trick. I should have kept my old one in shape (not in the cold wet garage), their prices are now ridiculous!!!

William
I've been looking.. specifically for those, bulkier tires on them.. but haven't found any locally.. bicycle shops have vanished....
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #57
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Where are you, PolarKat? "Location: Under 3 Meters of Snow.." suggests Canada. EdX and I are both in Ottawa, and finding a Trek or other bike that will take 250+ pounds is no problem around here - lots of bike shops. Maybe you should plan a trip to the national capital?? But I feel sure there are lots of bike shops elsewhere that can help you too.

This time of the year, it's the gear for skiers that is out. Does my sense of self good to see more and more shops with ski pants and ski jackets in XXL, XXXL, etc.....
fat hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:34 PM   #58
velia
unabashedly obese

velia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
hello, pointandlaugh. I had to get someone younger than me to translate your post, by the way. You kids!

In reply; i love and respect my boyfriend very much. BUT...if he got thin i wouldn't be attracted to him any more. I'd still love him, but in a different way. We'd be friends rather than lovers. That's the truth, and he knows that.

It's not very pleasant thing to say but, hey, at least i'm honest. I'm ALL about looks. I just hope he never loses weight, then it won't be an issue...
Ugh. Seriously, I love how people freak the hell out at honesty.

But I think it's excellent that you're honest. If you're true to yourself and vocal about it from the beginning, then the relationship isn't compromised.
velia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #59
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Where are you, PolarKat? "Location: Under 3 Meters of Snow.." suggests Canada. EdX and I are both in Ottawa, and finding a Trek or other bike that will take 250+ pounds is no problem around here - lots of bike shops. Maybe you should plan a trip to the national capital?? But I feel sure there are lots of bike shops elsewhere that can help you too.

This time of the year, it's the gear for skiers that is out. Does my sense of self good to see more and more shops with ski pants and ski jackets in XXL, XXXL, etc.....
Thanks to Velia bumping this thread, I noticed this post by fat hiker.

I just want to add, along the same line, that Mountain Equipment Coop now has bike shorts in XXL. On me they are almost loose, and I wear a 42" waist pants. I'm sure a 44" would have a perfect fit, and I suspect a 46" would be OK. Not sure about 48", but might even be worthr trying on. One of the types they have is a bike short liner, basically shorter, thinner, bike shorts that you wear under regular shorts. Gives the padding and protection from chafing, but let's you cover up if you aren't comfortable going out in spandex.

So yah, it is getting easier for big folk to exercise!

-Ed
Old 06-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #60
PolarKat
Digital Sun tanning

Along the same lines, I had gone to a local bicycle shop, and I talked to the owner, we went through the catalog, and a few calls to distributors and found that 330lbs was the heaviest capacity of bike that exists, and the price tag was aroung $600-800CDN above 330lb there's only tricycles and they start around $1000
Old 06-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #61
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Now that we have a health board here, would this thread be a candidate for relocation to the health board? Just curious.
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #62
beckyking

beckyking has said some nice things
Default what is FFA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccia View Post
I'd like FAs and FFAs to share opinions and experiences..

A loving couple. A FFA. An almost-BHM.
He loves food. He claims not to care if to be fat or thin. He knows she's a FFA. Probably he wouldn't mind to get chubbier to make her happy.
But he's been told that some more fat may lead to a risk of not being able to walk.
She cares about him. So she doesn't know what to think, in what to believe, what to consider a priority, if to attempt to deny her desires, how to do her best and what would actually be that best.
She feels like standing in the middle of a crossroad, blind, without a map, having no idea of where to go and how to get there.
I only know FA, what is FFA? any one can answer me?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #63
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyking View Post

FFA is generally known around these parts as a female fat admirer
Old 01-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #64
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyking View Post
A loving couple. A FFA. An almost-BHM.
He loves food. He claims not to care if to be fat or thin. He knows she's a FFA. Probably he wouldn't mind to get chubbier to make her happy.
But he's been told that some more fat may lead to a risk of not being able to walk.

This story doesn't ring true - either the man in the couple has other serious health issues, or someone has fallen for the false idea that you lose mobility with only a few extra pounds. If he's an 'almost-BHM' then he is hundreds of pounds short of the point where he may risk 'not being able to walk' unless he already has other, very serious, health troubles. 400, 500, even 700 pounds is not an impediment to walking for most men, as long as the pounds have packed on in a normal fashion.
fat hiker is offline   Reply With Quote