Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
AC4400CW
The lunatic fringe

AC4400CW does more than just post hot picsAC4400CW does more than just post hot picsAC4400CW does more than just post hot pics
Default Sunflower Butter

I haven't run into too many people who've had the stuff, but I encourage you to try sunflower seed butter. It tastes something like peanut butter, but, well... not quite. I can't exactly put my finger on exactly why it's different considring the similarities in the taste/texture departments, but it just is, and in a good way. My 5-year old prefers it to peanut butter (for the time being anyway).

I was introduced to it as part of an airline snack, and soon thereafter found some at the local Target. The brand I found is "Sunbutter," which is also the name on what the airline was using. http://www.sunbutter.com/

One plus that I hadn't considered, but that is mentioned on the above site, is that the product can be a substitute for peanut butter by those with peanut allergies.
AC4400CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Alternatives to peanut butter are awesome --this one included -- and have a curious way of making peanut butter taste BETTER if you come back to it. After all, life is a smorgasbord of variety, why limit yourself to just one type of cheese, beer, whiskey ....?

(the dot dot dot could be a whole thread in itself).
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for the tip! I love peanut butter, but I have a peanut intolerance (not an allergy, more like being lactose intolerant). I've tried almond butter, but it just was not worth the bother as a substitute. I'll keep my eyes out for this one, and give it a try!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Tobey
Classy Broad

Tobey can now change their title

Similar to peanut butter, sunflower butter is surprisingly yummy with chocolate.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

....and of course bananas.
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like cashew butter too. Never tried sunflower butter!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What about almond butter? I've always wanted to try it but never had the nerve. I'll have to say no to cashew butter, since oddly enough, the only nut (and yeah, I know, cashews aren't really nuts per se) are cashews.

Sunflower butter sounds intriguing. I love sunflower seeds, so I'll have to find some and try it.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Right now, we have peanut butter (though I don't eat it often now that we have the...), cashew butter, and haven't opened it yet, but also pumpkin seed butter. All of them are natural, and the cashew butter is divine. I'm very tempted to open that pumpkin seed butter, but want more of the cashew butter to be eaten first, so that nothing goes to waste (though it all seems to go to waist ). In any case, nuts and natural nut butters are very healthy, and that's not a bad thing, either.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband loves sunflower butter...for a while he was pretty much living on the stuff, but I just can't make that mental leap yet. I do love almond butter though, it is delish.